TV - RWBY | Page 67 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV RWBY

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so a few comments about the volume....

After a bunch of episodes worth of the new looks, NO. I don't like the new looks. Give ruby non lesbian hair, give weiss hair that isn't stupid and give blake her hair back. I can't say I mind the clothes too much except for weiss'. Her clothes are a good match for her stupid hair but only because of how stupid it is. Also, I genuinely believe jaune's stupid hair is just a bunch of tiny bananas on top of each other. I don't care that is somehow allowed him to tap into the casserole milf market, it needs to be replaced by actual people hair.

The volume as a whole.... it was kinda allright. Not great but an improvement over the previous one at least. The most notable feature of the volume remains of how little there is to comment on regarding what is actually going on.

A bit that did bother me though.... How strong are the girls? How strong as the ace opps? My initial estimate was that since they were atlas' top huntsmen then they should all have been at about qrow's orbit but then we see the girls beat half of them with relatively little trouble. So.... do we assume that the girls are THAT good after training with them for a few weeks? Can ruby go toe to toe with qrow? The series was never exactly clear on how everyone compares to everyone but back in volume 4 we saw that it took someone of tyrian's caliber to fight qrow.... so the series should have made a bigger deal of the gang being this good nowadays if it is.

I am still annoyed by how the qrow, tyrian clover thing played out. That's just bad writing. Under no circumstances it makes a shred of sense that qrow and tyrian would team up against clover.

As for penny being the winter maiden... ok I guess? I feel like the episode gave away the development a tad earlier. They should have made this into a bigger twist than it was.

It was fun to see that maidens can actually be that much stronger than either cinder or raven.

The fight between james and arthur... I was sort of meh about it. Cool visuals but I kinda expected james to be a stronger fighter in general.

Another bit that irked me is how easily blake and yang got off regarding the light treason they committed when telling robin about the tower. That hurt all team rwby, not just james.

Why was winter after weiss? Was winter away of anything bad weiss had done?

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Fucken whatever overall...

Ruby may regret telling Salem that the lamp showed them everything.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Side Note to myself: If I don't see Blake dual wield this Volume or Weiss fencing I'm out I was here to watch all girls get good fights not only Yang wank from RT

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So looking at the teaser... Why is salem now not hiding anymore? Why not immediately after beacon? I could understand her wanting to go on an all out war post beacon as ending the world's communication gives her a gigantic tactical advantage but it seems odd that she'd wait a whole volume and bother with mistral the way she did.

Another bit... the teaser is suggesting salem can't ask questions herself. But finding someone to ask questions for her should be pretty easy. Then again perhaps the issue would be guaranteeing the person who does asks is reliable. Also... does this mean salem can't use the relics? I suppose that would be a reasonable safeguard on them. Salem can't die but its less than ideal that weapons with such power have to be given to her subordinates.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
does this mean salem can't use the relics?
I think it's more that she doesn't know how to use them as far as I'm aware Ozpin didn't share that knowledge with her.

Hell he didn't even tell her about them so the Relics may be something she found out recently and that's why she's acting <<< But I think that more on poor writing than that :P Hell if they wanted to introduce Salem so early and not doing anything just have Ozpin " Lock " her in the fifth Vault and that Salem group needs Relics and Maidens powers to free her simple as that.

Trailer tomorrow:

It's literally the same thing with 2 shots.. added...wtf

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think it's more that she doesn't know how to use them as far as I'm aware Ozpin didn't share that knowledge with her.

Hell he didn't even tell her about them so the Relics may be something she found out recently and that's why she's acting <<< But I think that more on poor writing than that :P Hell if they wanted to introduce Salem so early and not doing anything just have Ozpin " Lock " her in the fifth Vault and that Salem group needs Relics and Maidens powers to free her simple as that.

Trailer tomorrow:

It's literally the same thing with 2 shots.. added...wtf
Bruh what is this, I'm still on volume 6 but oof idk dude.

Penny had the Kuroko's Basketball Zone eyes going on though so :pogchamp

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it safe to say Ironwood is a villain yet?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I liked this episode. Probably the best in the season so far...The action was pretty good in general. I suppose penny is still alive considering that if she died then odds are that ruby would become a maiden.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I liked this episode. Probably the best in the season so far...The action was pretty good in general. I suppose penny is still alive considering that if she died then odds are that ruby would become a maiden.
I had the same thought about Ruby becoming a maiden. Although It would be cruel to kill Penny off twice.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Honestly... I'm not even that excited anymore.

Don't get me wrong Volume 8 is kinda good so far but the fact that Ruby/Blake/Weiss done jackshit in the first part and only Ruby is the one that may get something in the second half is a huge disappointment for me.

You could take out Blake from the last two Volumes and honestly, nothing would change.... <<< MC everyone... so active and impactful Weiss is close behind her and her only saving grace is that her presence gave access to places in this Volume nothing more..

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just watched the two most recent episodes and it’s safe to say I’m as sick of Winter as I am of Ironwood. With that said they’re two really good episodes

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
With that said they’re two really good episodes
I didn't like episode 8 ( the one that focuses on RWB ) at all tbh this honestly may be one of the worst episodes in the series for me << Definitely has the worst fight in the series Blake vs Centinaur for me or at least shares that spot with Neo vs JNR +O

Anyway Chad Hazel!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, I finally remembered the unremarkable but not bad volume 8 was a thing and caught up. Didn't expect the staff to also have a spirit. Kinda looks like the staff and lamp were meant to be used together... As in, use the lamp to learn how to do something perfectly and then give instructions to the staff...

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m enjoying this volume. Ironwood and the ace ops are villains I genuinely hate. They made me interested in the whole Penny storyline by using her maiden powers because before she made the suggestion that Ruby kill her and take her powers I was certain they wouldn’t kill her twice. Ren’s character development is something I enjoy and he’s been the only character technically making sense.

I meant to say something sooner but I’m also a Watts fan now. Watching him tell Cinder about how she messes everything up is genuinely one of my favorite moments of the entire Volume.

I also like how emotional Yang is over Summer. Sometimes I forget that Raven isn’t exactly the best mother.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm glad you guys don't hate it ^^

Sadly, I feel indifferent towards this season. I don't hate it as much as volume 4 (and now that I think about it, vol.5 too), but there's a lot I dislike more than what I like. We'll see in the finale, but right now, I don't have high expectations.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I almost forgot. I’ve had this issue for a while. I really miss the old Yang. I don’t know why writers make cool and cocky characters like her so they can break them down until they’re a shell of their former self. (Like what Avatar did to Korra) Yang was my favorite character when I started watching. I liked adventurous, sarcastic even in the face of danger Yang. Now I feel like she might fall apart if Blake isn’t there to hold her hand.

I'm glad you guys don't hate it ^^

Sadly, I feel indifferent towards this season. I don't hate it as much as volume 4 (and now that I think about it, vol.5 too), but there's a lot I dislike more than what I like. We'll see in the finale, but right now, I don't have high expectations.
What are your problems with this volume?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah i caught up with volume 8 as well. And weirdly enough it kinda feels like its going back to form lol. But that feeling can easily change depending what the writers have in store.
Volume 5 and 7 have definitely been the most boring and worst seasons for me.
Volume 6 was pretty decent with the lore reveal and the Brunswick farm episodes.
Volume 4 was decent in my eyes. It did its job as a intermission volume that had the characters all over the place separated.
Volumes 1 to 3 are self explanatory, they are what made RWBY great (mainly V3)