Discussion - Sanji and CP0 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Sanji and CP0

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
According to the One Piece Timeline, when Fisher Tiger attacked Mariejois Sanji was 6 years old, maybe his parents lost him in that chaos and he was too little and traumatized to remember anything.

it makes me wonder if sanji's parents also has curly eyebrows :derp

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
SPOILERS: THE CONNECTION TO WG REVEALED!!

There's a very ugly celestial dragon lady that fell in love with Sanji. He's wanted alive for reasons most horrifying to Sanji.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

it makes me wonder if sanji's parents also has curly eyebrows :derp
Sanji has stated he did curled them himself and that he was stupid for curling them so much

garabilagan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah, it's more likely that a CD likes sanji so bad that he/she wants him alive. because if we're concerned about the eyebrows, then why does his old wanted poster say "dead or alive"(he's got curly eyebrows in that wanted poster too)? that's probably another reason why luffy isn't worried that much.

StrawHat 13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Iirc, Sanji was the one who made mention of the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia, thats how he knew which fruit he wanted to eat(suke-suke no mi). Maybe I'm alone but I always thought about that book as a fan of the series, how cool would it be for the crew to have an encyclopedia of Devil Fruits(come to think of it, maybe BB has a copy, my theory-write that down)! I never really gave it much thought, except that it was something I wanted the crew to encounter/own. Now that Sanji is wanted Alive only, many theories have been proposed suggesting that Sanji was once a WN, and I have to say this little fact (Sanji had knowledge of this book) solidifies my opinion that this is true.
Facts;
Sanji was 9 when he was on the cruise ship Zeff attacked.
Sanji refused eating leftover's from other's plates (very WN style, but yes a generally frowned on activity for many)
When He made his stand against Zeff's crew he talked down to them (something along the lines of "I'm not gonna let pirates kill me/I'll KILL you first")
He made mention of All Blue and his desire to find it.
Fast forward to Sanji at the Bariete-after Luffy's battle with Don Krieg, Sanji mentions the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia.

My idea;
We as readers and fans of OP have been over saturated with exposure to Devil Fruits, for us, its almost a given that anyone can have one and, in general, its not "omg, a devil fruit, ect ect" we've become numb in a way. BUT that is not the case for most people in the OP world, many still fear and do not understand Devil Fruits or their powers, generally speaking, most people are clueless about them (samurai from wano are a good example of this, as well as CP9 when Kaku and Khalifa had questions about them-to drive home that point, some of the best spies and killers in the world are dumbstruck when it comes to these fruits).

So how is it that a 9 year old boy not only knows about the fruits, but also knows that there is an encyclopedia and has chosen the fruit he wants (wanted*) to eat?

Its my impression that Sanji clearly had access to the encyclopedia, so much so that he picked out which one he wanted, but how?

Earlier I said I always thought of the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia as a cool item for the crew to find/own, i never put thought into the item itself as it would have to exist in the op universe, now that I have, I started to think...
Who COULD currently have it?
Simple answer; Marines, World Nobles, Vegapunk
Who created it?
Simple Answer; Vegapunk, using Marines as...scouts (?) To catalog different fruits over time.
What purpose would it serve?
Obvious answer; To tell which devil fruit possessed which power (pictures of said fruits, and possibly a list of individuals who have owned the fruit in the past (example; Mera-mera no mi, there would be a picture of the fruit, slight discription of powers given, list of current/former owners; Sabo-active, Portugas D Ace-deceased) you get the idea).
Lastly, why make it? Who has access to so many devil fruits that they would need to have an encyclopedia of them?
Hard answer; World Nobles. It was once mentioned that WNs would feed slaves fruits for their own entertainment. It stands to argue that they wouldn't just feed random fruits to slaves, WNs love power and control, they would, in my opinion, feed fruits to slaves just to witness the powers as a novelty. I doubt slaves would be fed powerful fruits in order to prevent escapes.

Long story short, this is how I see it;
Sanji was once a WN with access to the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia. Inspired by the Legend of All Blue decided to denounce his heritage and seek out a life to find it and aquire the suke-suke no mi. He was disingenuous to the idea of a WN's life, boring and mundane with no chance of excitement, no chance of really living. Finding purpose in repaying his debt to Zeff Sanji lived his days until Luffy came along.

Honestly i don't know why Sanji has not admitted this or remembered? But I'm sure Oda will provide us with an answer that makes us go,"Ah, ok...I'll buy thay." Whatever it might be.

Stiltzkin

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Iirc, Sanji was the one who made mention of the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia, thats how he knew which fruit he wanted to eat(suke-suke no mi). Maybe I'm alone but I always thought about that book as a fan of the series, how cool would it be for the crew to have an encyclopedia of Devil Fruits(come to think of it, maybe BB has a copy, my theory-write that down)! I never really gave it much thought, except that it was something I wanted the crew to encounter/own. Now that Sanji is wanted Alive only, many theories have been proposed suggesting that Sanji was once a WN, and I have to say this little fact (Sanji had knowledge of this book) solidifies my opinion that this is true.
Facts;
Sanji was 9 when he was on the cruise ship Zeff attacked.
Sanji refused eating leftover's from other's plates (very WN style, but yes a generally frowned on activity for many)
When He made his stand against Zeff's crew he talked down to them (something along the lines of "I'm not gonna let pirates kill me/I'll KILL you first")
He made mention of All Blue and his desire to find it.
Fast forward to Sanji at the Bariete-after Luffy's battle with Don Krieg, Sanji mentions the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia.

My idea;
We as readers and fans of OP have been over saturated with exposure to Devil Fruits, for us, its almost a given that anyone can have one and, in general, its not "omg, a devil fruit, ect ect" we've become numb in a way. BUT that is not the case for most people in the OP world, many still fear and do not understand Devil Fruits or their powers, generally speaking, most people are clueless about them (samurai from wano are a good example of this, as well as CP9 when Kaku and Khalifa had questions about them-to drive home that point, some of the best spies and killers in the world are dumbstruck when it comes to these fruits).

So how is it that a 9 year old boy not only knows about the fruits, but also knows that there is an encyclopedia and has chosen the fruit he wants (wanted*) to eat?

Its my impression that Sanji clearly had access to the encyclopedia, so much so that he picked out which one he wanted, but how?

Earlier I said I always thought of the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia as a cool item for the crew to find/own, i never put thought into the item itself as it would have to exist in the op universe, now that I have, I started to think...
Who COULD currently have it?
Simple answer; Marines, World Nobles, Vegapunk
Who created it?
Simple Answer; Vegapunk, using Marines as...scouts (?) To catalog different fruits over time.
What purpose would it serve?
Obvious answer; To tell which devil fruit possessed which power (pictures of said fruits, and possibly a list of individuals who have owned the fruit in the past (example; Mera-mera no mi, there would be a picture of the fruit, slight discription of powers given, list of current/former owners; Sabo-active, Portugas D Ace-deceased) you get the idea).
Lastly, why make it? Who has access to so many devil fruits that they would need to have an encyclopedia of them?
Hard answer; World Nobles. It was once mentioned that WNs would feed slaves fruits for their own entertainment. It stands to argue that they wouldn't just feed random fruits to slaves, WNs love power and control, they would, in my opinion, feed fruits to slaves just to witness the powers as a novelty. I doubt slaves would be fed powerful fruits in order to prevent escapes.

Long story short, this is how I see it;
Sanji was once a WN with access to the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia. Inspired by the Legend of All Blue decided to denounce his heritage and seek out a life to find it and aquire the suke-suke no mi. He was disingenuous to the idea of a WN's life, boring and mundane with no chance of excitement, no chance of really living. Finding purpose in repaying his debt to Zeff Sanji lived his days until Luffy came along.

Honestly i don't know why Sanji has not admitted this or remembered? But I'm sure Oda will provide us with an answer that makes us go,"Ah, ok...I'll buy thay." Whatever it might be.
nice scoop there!

now that you mention it...

Devil Fruit Ensiklo must be precious, or at least not common-people can have yet read it
while Sanji know about it (and read it) then Sanji must have higher status
yes, WN was the most possible

ooh and, you mean Baratie? :D

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think a DF encyclopedia is that rare. BB could have had access to it, and as far as we know he's not a Tenryuubito, on the contrary. In order to find out about the Yami Yami he must have looked for it in the encyclopedia.

StrawHat 13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, but he was on a yonkou's ship for how many years? Of course HE's (BB) not a WN, but for a 9 yr old from north blue to have that knowledge, thats intriguing

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yea, but he was on a yonkou's ship for how many years? Of course HE's (BB) not a WN, but for a 9 yr old from north blue to have that knowledge, thats intriguing
Was it said it happened when he was 9 years old? Couldn't he like learn of it when he was older? I think it's the latter, since if we go by the reason he decided to get the fruit, it's because he wanted to spy on the women in the women's bath...

Since clearly his reasons to get it are perverted by nature, then it makes more sense he was looking for it when he was older, since I doubt that many 9 year olds would have such a dream, Momonosuke excluded. Plus as seen with Momo kids can get away with anything, so if he was 9 and wanted to peek at the women's bath he could have done it, and not got beaten for it....

Also Suke could come from "Sukebe" in Japanese, which means "pervert".:p

Last edited by a moderator: