Voting Round 2 - Scarlet El Vandimion vs. Amir Halgal | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Scarlet El Vandimion vs. Amir Halgal

Best Waifu?

• Scarlet El Vandimion

• Amir Halgal

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yare yare, did I hit a nerve? :teehee

Nah :arf
Or actually you did well to bring it, i guess a lot of people dont understand, and might be surprised, even me was surprised at 1st, so better explain this now. But as i said its not related to Amir's qualities as a waifu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Juviii sorry hope you didnt find me offensive, i do really respect your nominee and think shes awesome (but Amir is better :hmph ) didnt mean to say bad things.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm just adding some sauce to the game, @Erinyes, couldn't help but teasing you a little. :teehee
:wtf

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Just to clarify some points that Erin seemed to have misinterpreted about my campaign:

CLARIFICATION
1. Scarlet has no trauma. She was never powerless, she could have just punched him in the face easily. It's exactly the opposite I was emphasizing: her strong will, she overcame all the obstacles in the most classy and badass way. And the fact that she is so family oriented, willing to make sacrifices not to harm her family with her actions. And also her character development. She has a heart of steel and can deal with anything. If anything, it motivated her to change that corrupted society based on status (well, the fact that it gives her the chance to fight is a great bonus).

2. She has no assassination skills since she has never killed anyone in the manga, she simply knocks some bad guys out with her incredible fighting skills. She is well versed in hand to hand combat, magic and swordsmanship. She loves to fight but she doesn't kill anyone nor she hurts anyone who doesn't deserve it.

Now have some precious faces of our lovely badass.

I'm saving her relationships for later posts (since there's only 9 chapters so the content I can use is limited) but I'll spoil that she is developing a love interest, is a very loving sister and a kind and forgiving boss and friend.

Vote Scarlet!

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Haha Juviii with that teasing :teehee

I might read about Scarlet, get in a quick scout, has potential with them panels you put up. I do read Otoyomegatari, so I know Amir is a first rounder, franchise prospect. To change my vote Scarlet would need to be a dynasty level waifu...

To keep it real, iirc, Karluk was not Amir's first hubby. She was married off by her family before to other men, who were older, and died due to health complications. So Amir was happy to be married to Karluk, being younger, because of the heartache of previous marriages. And that's why she's over-protective of Karluk (kinda irrelevant, just clarifying). So I don't think she's necessarily doting, she's scarred, but is able to work on that.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

I might read about Scarlet, get in a quick scout, has potential with them panels you put up. I do read Otoyomegatari, so I know Amir is a first rounder, franchise prospect. To change my vote Scarlet would need to be a dynasty level waifu...

To keep it real, iirc, Karluk was not Amir's first hubby. She was married off by her family before to other men, who were older, and died due to health complications. So Amir was happy to be married to Karluk, being younger, because of the heartache of previous marriages. And that's why she's over-protective of Karluk (kinda irrelevant, just clarifying). So I don't think she's necessarily doting, she's scarred, but is able to work on that.
Oh my bad when i said dotting didnt mean in a bad way but more overprotective. Wanted to talk a little about her family background, but chose to keep a little more in case she pass this round, i should have maybe to clarify, huge thxs for mentioning it people will probably find it more understanble !! And i appreciate very much the support, Amir truly deserves it ! :zomg

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
The daughter of a duke VS an ordinary wife...

If I had to choose between the two, I would vote for Amir Halgar.​
As Erinyes pointed out, Amir can cook, hunt and even make embroidery (that must be pretty). Her fashion style is pleasing to look (I love the Oriental vibe). If Amir was living in modern time, she would definitely be a fashion model. She is already a wife and that's a plus. These facts are waifu material to me.​

The historical and realistic features really hit me. If a mangaka had to draw the historical accuracy of wife's life near the Caspian Sea (Central Asia), A Bride's Story would be a good example (I just read briefly the summary and Erinyes' posts).​

Being married to a 12 year old boy is understandable. Some people might find it a bit pedophile or offensive. However, if you look centuries ago, marriage was not mainly about love. It was about economical or political reasons between families and, of course, produce offspring that is part of the father's family. The wife has to move in with the husband's family. Even in Middle Age Europe, it was not rare to see a 12 year old girl marrying a 40 year old man (yes, I know it's creepy). In addition, children would be considered adults at an early age (girls can bear a child at a young age). Even if there is an age gap between the two, Erinyes specified that Amir, as time goes by, is caring and loving her husband. Believe it or not, that also proves that love is possible in that type of marriage. Her husband (I don't know his name) is doing his best to be the perfect husband, so the feelings are reciprocal.​
I might start reading the manga at this point... :HahaI will for sure...

Of course, I would choose Scarlet if I sought financial security and the presence of elegant people (I mean she is the daughter of a Duke) but I'm not looking for brutal waifus that would strangle me in my sleep. Sorry Juviii.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.