Discussion - Search for the "One Piece" | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Search for the "One Piece"

tony p

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Wait, the first part of your post contradicts the last one, don't you think? If OP is the ability to hear the voice of all things then Luffy already has it. It could come into play in finding the OP, but I think you misunderstood the part about WB and Roger. The latter was willing to show him how, but WB simply isn't interested in finding treasure, or even being the PK, simple as that.
And if OP is yet another weapon then it will be disappointing. We already know there are 3 ancient weapons, not more. And how exactly would it be useful? I'm more of the mind that whatever is there will be useful in uncovering the truth about the void century, which will help in taking down the Tenryuubito. In which case having the rio poneglyph would allow just that. So even if there was a weapon there, Luffy simply can't just use it, without knowing why.
The WG is afraid to tell the truth about the void century because it will break apart the whole justice system. In fact, the wise justice men want to avoid a civil war.
Most of them are villains focusing on gaining more power and claiming global government for themselves.

Being a pirate is the unique cover to have the freedom to sail around the world. So you can become an archeologist or/and investigator, and keep on receiving new sources of knowledge on a continuous basis. Opposite to the people living in one Side of the ocean, a Pirate can check the informations delivers by the WG.
In brief, "normal citizens" of one piece can't undermine the confidence of government institutions: WG and Mariejois.

There are the revolutionaries, Dragon is more likely an ex Marine Admiral who discovered the ugly truth about Mariejois'deal.
Once he highlights the unfair laws and how World Nobles decide on the future of population, he stepped down to become independent and built an organization to fight against the current the system.

The "One piece" is to me "the one peace"

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't think the government is afraid of people turning against them. They rule by using their power, and their power won't fall apart. And we have seen that if a Tenryuubito looses his position, citizens won't have second thoughts about torturing him.

What I am thinking is that the story about the Void Century would reveals the means to overcome the government power, somehow. But not the ancient weapons, something else.