Second Round: Battle Royale 5 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round: Battle Royale 5

Which two will advance?

• Monkey D. Dragon

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Jozu

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Marshall D. Teach

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • Benn Beckman

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyodai Senkan Mora

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
So noone here thinks that Beckman has a shot here?
According to Oda, he's the most intelligent character of the whole manga.
NO!!! IIRC he is the most intelligent from East Blue with Captain Kuro coming second and Nami third (don't have the exact link but I read it as well)...The most intelligent in the manga has been said many times to be Vegapunk

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I've gone with Luffy and Beckman.

I've imagined the fight as a serious one, where everyone uses their abilities to the fullest without the shounen aspect of the manga/anime i.e.:
- Battle starts
- BB has his eyes on sucking in Dragon to prevent him using his fruit
- Jozu storms to rush BB
- Beckman haki one shots BB through his head (BB is proven to be slower than most high end fighters, lacking in soru and COO)
- Jozu is shocked that BB is dead and instead smacks Dragon who is momentarily disabled via BB's absorption.
- Luffy is pretty well all rounded, showing insane speed in every battle post TS (vs pacifista, vs ceasar - dodging those massive explosions) and good defense and observation. He will be all over the place going crazy.
- Beckman will probably leave Luffy til last as he is the least threat to him, at least in his calculations.
- Jozu vs Beckman ensues
- Luffy vs Dragon is played out quite well. Dragon distrupts the whole battlefield with his DF (that much we know he can do) throwing everything into chaos. Luffy is a very versatile fighter, always adjusting to his surroundings (as shown ever since Don Kreig) and manages to fight through the storm and attach Dragon. Pound for pound Luffy is the stronger hitter imo. Though under Garp's upbringing, I'm sure Dragon can take a hit. Dragon who is dangerous for his position, army and will, but not so much for strength (assumed) loses to Luffy in the flat out brawl. Perhaps with additional shots from Beckman who's now pwned Jozu full of holes (yes haki shots can hurt Jozu if strong enough and can hurt Luffy too). But after Dragon is out... that leaves Luffy and Beckman standing winners.
- Beckman smirks and Luffy is left wanting more.
- What's that? *ding ding* I think I hear the bell.
This is a possible scenario... with a great amount of imagination.

Especially the way you imagine BB dying is hilarious - if he was so easy to kill, he'd be dead by now. Haki infused weapons are so common in NW (it was implied how much NW level fighting involves haki, and I doubt NW fairly big shots would not use that if Kujas did) that BB would have to avoid being hit by any strong haki user.

And Luffy vs Dragon: I imagine Dragon's youth involved about the same level of craziness as Luffy's, so Dragon WILL NOT BE beaten by Luffy. And if we're talking about will, haki=will, and to be the Revolutionaries leader, your will to succeed must be godly, since you're going against the whole world.
Your whole point that Dragon isn't as physically strong as Luffy is, as you yourself admit, assumed.

But aside from how you fodderized the most wanted man in the world and a Yonkou, the rest of your scenario is possible :D

Of course, if you're just trolling, then good job :D

scott1uk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was enjoying your response until the trolling prospect of my initial post... A troll, it was not.

My imagination (as is everyone's) is biased towards my personal views and desires. This tourney is a bit of fun and I have just tried to find a way to justify it working out that way. You have a point about BB probably being dead by now... But I don't know. I still see Beckman (lets say he's the Mihawk of Guns, and ignoring Yassop) as being able to put a bullet through anyone. BB hasn't been shown to evade much... In fact, just tank everything. But a bullet like that could be deadly. Just as one of Ace's fire spears to his brain would have killed him... but alas this is a shounen and no such thing was allowed to happen. BUT this is a tournament! And my imagination allows it!!

Perhaps part of my analogy of Luffy vs Dragon consisted of the emotional bond between the two being stronger for Dragon who longs for home, whereas Luffy doesn't really have the same sentiment for his Dad as he does for those who were actually around when he was growing up. This would inhibit Dragon's will to strike down everything and kinda end up like Garp vs Luffy in the war. That's how I see it... So yes, I know we are supposed to take it as full fighting abilities, but I can't help but take it into account in this situation.

Note: Jozu freaking lifted a glacier sized piece of ice out of the ground at a seriously tough position (mechanics wise) suggesting that his strength >>> Luffy who was ~ Ace. But then again Dofla's strings held him in check... But yes, his strength is no joke. He will do some crushing before he goes down.

I don't think Luffy can take BB, who is much stronger and can deal more damage to a larger area of effect, but in the end I don't see them both standing. And if someone is going to be standing, it's going to be Luffy. As BB was taken by surprise, unfortunately for him. If not for Beckman in this group, it would be a stale between the two imo.

CT Smith

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Dragon and Beckman. I have no doubt that all these guys have Haki, and Dragon and Beckman's is most likely the strongest. Beckman and Dragon are also long range types that have the advantage on BB. BB can't stop a haki filled bullet to the head no matter how hard he tries, and I can't see either of his DF abilities having much effect on Dragon (I assume Dragon has a Weather controling Paramecia DF: the envy of every sailor on the Grand Line) Add to that Dragon and Beckman are most likely brilliant strategists with many years of experience in butt kicking, and the other guys don't stand an objective chance granting that Luffy doesn't pull out his MC card of incredible luck. So yeah, Dragon and Beckman. BB would be a close third, and Luffy is about even with Jozu.

P.S. BB isn't strong enough to be a Yonku. He is barely admiral level.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
teach getting more votes then dragon? i´m beginning to like u guys

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
teach getting more votes then dragon? i´m beginning to like u guys
Whatever. Beckman getting less votes than Luffy? Dafaq? Fandom was strong here... but didn't work nevertheless.

But I guess BB getting more votes than Dragon is understandable, since his power was shown much more than Dragon's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.