Battle Round 1 - Seiya Kou vs. Mirio Togata | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 1 Seiya Kou vs. Mirio Togata

Who wins?

• Seiya Kou

• Mirio Togata

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Seiya is two good years away from going full Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus.
Being a pop star is a means to his mission. He is as hard working as Mirio and has shown his behaviour in romantic situations while Mirio had no romantic interest whatsoever. He is a good hero but there's nothing to prove he is a good husband.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Being a pop star is a means to his mission. He is as hard working as Mirio and has shown his behaviour in romantic situations while Mirio had no romantic interest whatsoever. He is a good hero but there's nothing to prove he is a good husband.
I tend to think that a man with the qualities of a good and caring parent does have the qualities to be a great husband.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I tend to think that a man with the qualities of a good and caring parent does have the qualities to be a great husband.

You call that parenting...He is helping a girl he saved in 1 episode. But if you think that way:

Seiya has plenty of that.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
You call that parenting...He is helping a girl he saved in 1 episode. But if you think that way:

Seiya has plenty of that.
Of course I do. Taking care of a helpless little girl for two story arcs and helping her regain the joy of life is good parenting.

Occasionally holding a little girl to flirt with her mother is not exactly the same.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Of course I do. Taking care of a helpless little girl for two story arcs and helping her regain the joy of life is good parenting.

Occasionally holding a little girl to flirt with her mother is not exactly the same.
Chibi Chibi is not Usagi's daughter. You clearly are talking about something you don't know.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Chibi Chibi is not Usagi's daughter. You clearly are talking about something you don't know.
I thought that's how we did things over here, after you compared Mirio's parenting skills to Endeavor's.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I thought that's how we did things over here, after you compared Mirio's parenting skills to Endeavor's.
I haven't mentioned Endeavor at all. Get ya facts straight at least will ya? :catshrug

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I haven't mentioned Endeavor at all. Get ya facts straight at least will ya? :catshrug
Oh, yikes, and here I thought you had said this.
Heroes in bnha have proven to be terrible family guys...just saying.
But sure, using other bad parents (*cof*Endeavor*cof*) as an example of why a totally unrelated hero like Mirio would be a bad parent isn't talking without knowledge. I'll get mah facts straight.

Mirio did much more than "helping a girl he saved in 1 episode", and he didn't have an obligation to do so. Case closed.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oh, yikes, and here I thought you had said this.

But sure, using other bad parents (*cof*Endeavor*cof*) as an example of why a totally unrelated hero like Mirio would be a bad parent isn't talking without knowledge. I'll get mah facts straight.

Mirio did much more than "helping a girl he saved in 1 episode", and he didn't have an obligation to do so. Case closed.
This stretching... :lmao

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Chibi Chibi is not even an alive thing if you take it like that. It's Sailor Galaxia's personified star seed. :oh

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Chibi Chibi is not even an alive thing if you take it like that. It's Sailor Galaxia's personified star seed. :oh
Wasn't she acting as Usagi's daughter or sister anyway? I think I got a strawman back there.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Do you deny using Endeavor's parenting skills to suggest Mirio would be similar? :grumble Alright.
I deny indeed. He won't be like Endeavor no. And his name was never mentioned. But look at Shiga's grandma, being a hero makes it hard being a family person. Endeavor's case is his personality not his career. So no, I wasn't thinking of him at all. Just the general examples we have.

I even like Mirio, don't get me wrong, as a hero he is better than Deku imo, but haven't seen anything worthy of being thought as husband material, just a good hero.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I deny indeed. He won't be like Endeavor no. And his name was never mentioned. But look at Shiga's grandma, being a hero makes it hard being a family person. Endeavor's case is his personality not his career. So no, I wasn't thinking of him at all. Just the general examples we have.
Is there any other example other than Shiga's grandma and Endeavor? Shiga's grandma is a valid example of a hero failing at parenting, but she's only one person, not enough for a plural.

If I have forgotten other failed parents I'll concede the point, so I'm asking seriously here.

I even like Mirio, don't get me wrong, as a hero he is better than Deku imo but have seen anything worthy of being thought as husband material, just a good hero.
This is subjective, so I obviously cannot force you to see Mirio as good husband material if you don't, but his whole story arc with Eri, which continued well after the yakuza arc, together with his joyful, helpful and selfless personality is proof enough for me of what good care he would take of his future wife/kids.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Is there any other example other than Shiga's grandma and Endeavor? Shiga's grandma is a valid example of a hero failing at parenting, but she's only one person, not enough for a plural.

If I have forgotten other failed parents I'll concede the point, so I'm asking seriously here.
She is a perfect example of what being hero is about: being in constant danger, your family being in constant danger cause villains want retaliation. Bad parenting aside, recently, Natsuo Todoroki was targeted as well, by a villain that wanted to reach Endeavor, that's a constant risk as a hero. There's no time to play family when you have to save the world. This is what I meant, they have no means to be good parents, not that they are bad, it's just hard.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
She is a perfect example of what being hero is about: being in constant danger, your family being in constant danger cause villains want retaliation. Bad parenting aside, recently, Natsuo Todoroki was targeted as well, by a villain that wanted to reach Endeavor, that's a constant risk as a hero. There's no time to play family when you have to save the world. This is what I meant, they have no means to be good parents, not that they are bad, it's just hard.
Alright, then. I misinterpreted your intentions when you said "terrible family guys".

Is there a risk to it? Yes, that much is fair, not only in BnHA, in any fiction any superhero's family could potentially end up dead in the fridge like Kyle Rayner's girlfriend, but isn't Deku's class filled with people who have happy heroic or non-heroic families that do just fine in that regard? Like Ingenium's.

For that to be a strong point in this particular matchup, the necessary question is this one: Does being Seiya's wife/husband not entail the same potential risk of being targetted by his enemies?

If it's about having time to play family, Mirio has shown to be pretty good at having enough time to take good care of Eri while he's still a student, which also reminds me of another one of his good points: The fact that he took such good care of her after losing all that he had worked so hard for for the past three years, shows just how positive and caring he is. Yes, he's mostly a hero but, in his case, most of the qualities that made him a good hero also made him a good potential husband.

Last edited:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Wasn't she acting as Usagi's daughter or sister anyway? I think I got a strawman back there.
Yeah she was, and in fact everyone was just assuming she'd be a second Neo-Queen Serenity daughter and acting like it, but worth pointing out, since chuvii chuvii is so nitpicky here on the last meters, but generalizing the Hero daddies like that. :errr

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Yeah she was, and in fact everyone was just assuming she'd be a second Neo-Queen Serenity daughter and acting like it, but worth pointing out, since chuvii chuvii is so nitpicky here on the last meters, but generalizing the Hero daddies like that. :errr
Begone, Moegara is Mirio's nominator now. :gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.