Semifinal 1: Whitebeard vs. Gol D. Roger | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal 1: Whitebeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Who wins?

• Whitebeard

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Gol D. Roger

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Semifinal 1

WHITEBEARD VS. GOL D. ROGER

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
What a fight! The one between the strongest men we have ever seen in the op-universe, albeit I'm not sure what roger meant when he said he and garp had been almost killing each other for a long time. Well,it's sad but we must admit that roger was above wb,though we know nothing of his strength.

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Roger was the Pirate King, so I'll vote for him based on that. But we also know that Whitebeard didn't want to be Pirate King, or to go to Raftel. All he wanted was family, and wasn't interested in fighting Roger for the title. They seemed like friends and equals.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What a fight! The one between the strongest men we have ever seen in the op-universe, albeit I'm not sure what roger meant when he said he and garp had been almost killing each other for a long time. Well,it's sad but we must admit that roger was above wb,though we know nothing of his strength.

Going with Wb. He tied with Roger but showed anything what he could do. Roger not.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whitebeard. I doubt he was going all out against Roger, since his devil fruit is overly destructive.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Whitebeard. I doubt he was going all out against Roger, since his devil fruit is overly destructive.
I doubt he would be pulling punches against someone who left him that kind of a scar. We have no reason to believe either of them wasn't doing their best. If Oda said they tied, it means they tied. But damn, why didn't Oda show us at least something? Is he ever going to?

Smerten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Roger should never have been allowed in the tourney. Ofcourse everyone will vote him to the champ position. -_- I want to vote WB, but in his prime he could not become PK over Roger...

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They tied. Oh well, the hardest vote here, but since I kept my practice of voting for people that have shown at least something in the canon manga, I guess I will vote for WB. Oda stressed the TIED part so much, it seems he did not want there to be a strongest character of all time for some reason.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
okay,I vote for the guys stated as the strongest,whereas you vote for the other one just to shake the tournament's balance or not to give the vote to those who haven't shown their abilities so far. :-_- both of us are boring. but this is the law of the tournament,it's oda's fault to have avoided arranging other characters able to keep up with the strongest.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
okay,I vote for the guys stated as the strongest,whereas you vote for the other one just to shake the tournament's balance or not to give the vote to those who haven't shown their abilities so far. :-_- both of us are boring. but this is the law of the tournament,it's oda's fault to have avoided arranging other characters able to keep up with the strongest.
voting in your way: No competition roger wins this. whitebeard close scond. Would we really need a tournament for this? xD

voting in our way: Fights were we actually can discuss something and see how abilitys play out against each other.

But hey this was most the discussed topic since beginning so screw the rules.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
no,the competion exists,that goes without question, but this is not a fight between 2 characters we know a little bit about,and who have never met before (such as kaido VS big mam), but a fight which did occur and was won by roger,this is a prove even better than our discussion.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
he did won? when was this mentioned? :o it was a draw, wasnt it?

GomuGomu_Getsuga

Reaction score
Country
United States
I has to be Gol D. since he was pirate king and all. My vote goes to him.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
he did won? when was this mentioned? :o it was a draw, wasnt it?
they had been fighting for so long,but when roger died,shiki told Wb that it would finally be WB's age,due to the death of the insurmountable wall called "roger" :p

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Twenty years ago they tied. Whitebeard now is sick, let's vote stupidily judging only with rumors and say Roger wins this.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It's funny really. Roger wins against Whitebeard because he's the king. Next round, he fights with either his apprentice or the guy who is equal or not much different in strength than his apprentice.[/tournament] :p

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please, for the love of God, vote for Whitebeard. :darn
Yes, Roger is the Pirate King, but we have no idea about his ability.

We CANNOT have a guy we don't know winning the tournament!!!

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
Twenty years ago they tied. Whitebeard now is sick, let's vote stupidily judging only with rumors and say Roger wins this.
Oh yes.... Whitebeard was sick and Roger was dead... A sick vs a dead :p ....

The Epicness of Wbs death itself should be the reason to vote him.... People have followed him like anything... Why even a question like that is coming ... Whitebeared was a person with no D in his name but seems like he understood well the will of D.,.. out of respect to the character .... I will go for Whitebeared,,,

Necron

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guys, if Roger (whose abilities and powers we actually now nothing about) wins here, then he'll most likely win against Shanks (or Mihawk, but lol) in the next round aswell. Making Gol D. Roger the strongest man in One Piece ... which is corny as sh*t.
So my vote goes to Whitebeard, for an awesome final round of this tournament.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well he shouldn't have been in the tournament at all. Neither should anyone we haven't seen fighting. You can twist and turn it all you want. The fact we haven't seen him fight makes no difference, because, as Oda stated, they were equals. It all comes down to who you like more.

Status
Not open for further replies.