High Tier Singles - Semifinal - Shiraishi Kuranosuke vs Yamato Yuudai | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

High Tier Singles Semifinal - Shiraishi Kuranosuke vs Yamato Yuudai

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yamato Yuudai

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ODS? I guess that doing a drop shot and aiming to his body might work, Kite's net game and reactions are never mentioned in the manga, just his balance... The fact that I can come up with a possible counter that doesn't mean that it would work nor that we'll see it. I know what you mean... but I hope you get me as well :sweatdrop

Also, now that I think about it, I dunno how his move against Fuji's serve would help him to return GUYU :oh

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also really I thought it was Fuji's test of the 6th counter because it fell before Shiraishi could say Hakuryuu.
Look at the ball's course, it's most certainly Hakuryuu.

ODS? I guess that doing a drop shot and aiming to his body might work, Kite's net game and reactions are never mentioned in the manga, just his balance... The fact that I can come up with a possible counter that doesn't mean that it would work nor that we'll see it. I know what you mean... but I hope you get me as well :sweatdrop
Well, yeah, I know where you're coming from. And we most definitely won't see what I said because it's unlikely that Yamato will ever have an on-screen match again.

(Tezuka did the drop shot bait, although he aimed for the open court afterwards. Maybe a body shot would be different?)

Also, now that I think about it, I dunno how his move against Fuji's serve would help him to return GUYU :oh
Well, when returning the serve he basically hit the ball twice, didn't he? Once the one that vanished and then the real one. My idea was that if he moves up to the net, the distance between Yamato's real and fake balls would probably be about the same as the one between Fuji's serve. I could draw it up if that would help?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I really didn't think GUYU was that good but you guys have convinced me that it will work on Shiraishi.
I can understand this.
The anime can change opinions on anything. The anime made it as though Yamato's tennis was exclusive to working on Tezuka and nobody else.
Just like how the anime made Marui/Jackal VS Kaidoh/Momoshiro 7-5 where the manga was 6-1.
Making Marui and Jackal seem much weaker than they actually are.

But Yamato is the real deal when it comes to the 2nd String of High Schoolers.
He's amongst the best 10 HSers of the 2nd String.

Because Tezuka and Shiraishi have different skillsets? I wouldn't expect Tezuka to return Fuji's serve the same way Shiraishi did either. Shiraishi's movement is absolutely perfect whereas Tezuka's isn't.
Different skill sets is the main reason. Both Tezuka!Niou and Shiraishi!Niou countered the Triple Counters with completely different movesets.
I'd expect by now that Tezuka doesn't even swing twice and just delays his movement slightly to hit Disappearing Serve instantly. They've trained together for a long time since and Tezuka did mop the floor with him after he beat Yamato so he probably already overcame Disappearing Serve his own way.

(Tezuka did the drop shot bait, although he aimed for the open court afterwards. Maybe a body shot would be different?)
It is possible to simply catch Kite off-guard if you're good enough like Tohno and Kimijima did when Marui's injured eye got in the way of WC being successful.

Last edited:

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Just like how the anime made Marui/Jackal VS Kaidoh/Momoshiro 7-5 where the manga was 6-1.
Making Marui and Jackal seem much weaker than they actually are.
Wow, seriously? That shouldn't happen.

Although I do think that Kaidoh/Momoshiro would win now if they were to play again. BJK+ Tornado Laser Combo ftw.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm really confused on who to choose.

how did yamato get to third court with stats at 2.? its possible his team carried him there. and his team mates didnt even know about his illusion tech. i'm agreement that that illusion shot was tailored just for tezuka though.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Talking about something like this:

Basically I'm suggesting that Shiraishi might be able to go for the fake first, then turn around and still get to the real one when he's at the net because there shouldn't be that great of a distance between the two.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, the moment Shiraishi realises he failed hitting the fake one (and he won't be expecting it at first) the real one will be already behind his service line. By the moment he gets used to it, Yamato could also mix some GUYU and real shots here and there, Shiraishi would need something above 5 at once or something like that (as he can't see the 2nd ball coming, he has to react inmediatly after hitting the first one... 5 is just a random number btw). Nice drawing though.

Also, I just realise that GUYU is very similar to Kirihara's Phantom Ball (in the anime, of course). The concept is different, but the result is kinda the same.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, the moment Shiraishi realises he failed hitting the fake one (and he won't be expecting it at first) the real one will be already behind his service line.
Shouldn't this also have applied to his way of returning the Disappearing Serve though?

By the moment he gets used to it, Yamato could also mix some GUYU and real shots here and there
That shouldn't be a problem, should it? After all, he still hits the first ball, and if that happens to be the real one, then he returns it either way.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Shouldn't this also have applied to his way of returning the Disappearing Serve though?

That shouldn't be a problem, should it? After all, he still hits the first ball, and if that happens to be the real one, then he returns it either way.
No, cause he didn't hit "2" balls when he returned Disappearing Serve, he just did a weird move and hit 1.

Well, if he gets used to hitting 2 balls at the net, mixing 1 ball with 2 balls should be really confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.