Character - Shishido | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Shishido

Bowser

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just realised that he never lost a match since coming back to the regulars (during Kantou Tournament)

V Inui and Kaidoh, Won (could've lost)
V some pair during national against Shishigaku
V Oishi and Kikumaru, (also would've lost had it gone on longer)

Not too bad eh?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good doubles record, his singles record would be lacking imo

He's one of the few characters who played more than a single match who hasn't lost, all i can think of is Koshimae, Shiraishi and the others only played one match so we can't count them

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good doubles record, his singles record would be lacking imo

He's one of the few characters who played more than a single match who hasn't lost, all i can think of is Koshimae, Shiraishi and the others only played one match so we can't count them
Well, there's obviously Ootori, too. Also, Akazawa and Kaneda won their match against Hyoutei in Doubles 1, so they're both undefeated in multiple matches (Akazawa also beat a Seigaku regular in the previous year).

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, though.

Neru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Same goes for Ootori, right? Although we get to know that both of them get owned at singles. Its funny how Ootori with his awesome serve doesn't play singles were it would be more rewarding than in doubles. But then again, huge servers generally dont go that far unless they have a big game to back it up with.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Same goes for Ootori, right? Although we get to know that both of them get owned at singles. Its funny how Ootori with his awesome serve doesn't play singles were it would be more rewarding than in doubles. But then again, huge servers generally dont go that far unless they have a big game to back it up with.
Im not sure...take this with a grain of salt

When Hyoshi was introduced, everyone was saying "OMFG he beat chotaro in singles >_<"

But we saw how Hyoshi got smacked by Koshimae..so maybe beating Chotaro isn't that big a deal

But im pretty sure he'd be okay in singles with that huge serve of his, hitting 215 Km/h serves at will is impressive, and he hardly faults reminds me of Roddick

@Hinata fan, i forogt about those guys because i forgot there was a saint rudolph:blink

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Who defeat Shishido in singles? Tachibana?
If it was Tachibana, it's an excuse. Tachibana is one of the best players of PoT (maybe in TOP 10?)

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tachibana beat him 6-0

I don't know about top 10 but he's up there.

That said he got beat by sissy atoner Tachibana

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally think Tachibana is better than Fuji, and people say Fuji is top 5. Shame, Tachibana is one of the most underrated captains.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea but that was silly "My triple counters work on anything Fuji" not "comeback from triple match point down and pull a perfect broken counter out of my ass fuji".

Tachibana is still too soft..i half wish he had his old do what it takes to win attitude, that said he lost to Chitose 7-5 which is really close anyway despite him holding back.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but remember you can't compare an improved Fuji to an old Tachibana. We have to assume every character will improve at the same rate. So the old Fuji who played the old Tachibana match would end up similar to a new fuji vs a new tachibana.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It depends Fayte. A non official match? Yeah, same way. Fuji's racket's strings break, but Tachibana being clearly better. An offical match? Fuji comes up with insane broken counter and what happens after that is anyone's guess.

Back to Shishido, he is going to lose to Ootori isn't he?

Dansan1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Sherlock,

I also think,

We definitely do not have to assume all the characters improve at the same rate. In fact we should not. The central and popular characters always improve more. Sometimes the the lessers don't get anything.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It depends Fayte. A non official match? Yeah, same way. Fuji's racket's strings break, but Tachibana being clearly better. An offical match? Fuji comes up with insane broken counter and what happens after that is anyone's guess.

Back to Shishido, he is going to lose to Ootori isn't he?
I'm almost sure, although it has no sense (it was stated swhere that Choutaroh is very bad in singles). In all the "doubles" matches (Oishi-Kiku,Shis-Chou, Bunta-Jackal), the volleyer or special is more popular, and in this U-17 matches, I'm sure that the most popular will win.
In any case, although I prefer Shisido, I think Ootori is a good character, and the Japan Team will need a fast server (specially if, as we think because of the cover, Inui loses VS mizuki)

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like all of you to please state one single match in the series, that a single character played twice, and didn't improve before or during the match itself.

lets look at Kirihara. (For example, the Kirihara who played Tachibana was not the same Kirihara who played Echizen, who was not the same Kirihara who played Fuji, Who was not the same Kirihara who played Krauser, who was not the same Kirihara who played with Renji)

Therefore, every character improves at the same rate, because all characters improve with every match.

Naturally there are some exceptions.

Last edited:

Dansan1

Reaction score
Country
United States
That logically MAKES NO SENSE.

All characters improve therefore they improve at the same rate?

You need a course in how to avoid fallacious arguments.

Oh, and I'll give you one example.

Sengoku. No manga improvement. NONE. He was the same v Momo and v Kamio. (I heard he got stuff in the anime, but not in manga cannon)

And we know he beat Richard but even in that victory due to how little was shown we still saw no direct improvement.

But more importantly there are MANY other examples of important and popular characters SOARING in improvements compared to the peripheral guys.

Do you honestly believe that the saint Rudolph pair improved at the same rate as the Golden Pair? Or that Shinji improved at the same rate as Echizen?

The better people improve faster. And more importantly in drama the main characters improve faster.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to agree with Dansan they can't improve at the same rate, that makes no sense in not only real life tennis but any manga period.

Akaya's leap from semi's to finals was much greater than Kaido's leap from semi's to finals.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
That logically MAKES NO SENSE.

All characters improve therefore they improve at the same rate?

You need a course in how to avoid fallacious arguments.

Oh, and I'll give you one example.

Sengoku. No manga improvement. NONE. He was the same v Momo and v Kamio. (I heard he got stuff in the anime, but not in manga cannon)

And we know he beat Richard but even in that victory due to how little was shown we still saw no direct improvement.

But more importantly there are MANY other examples of important and popular characters SOARING in improvements compared to the peripheral guys.

Do you honestly believe that the saint Rudolph pair improved at the same rate as the Golden Pair? Or that Shinji improved at the same rate as Echizen?

The better people improve faster. And more importantly in drama the main characters improve faster.

It makes perfect sense. Echizen is the only character who improved on his own level. I said "All characters improve at the same rate because all characters improve after EVERY MATCH.

Sengoku is an exception, because he was too minor a character in PoT1.

To make it as simple as possible, I'll explain.

Season 1:
Kaidoh's powerlevel is 4
Fuji's powerlevel is 8
Tezuka's powerlevel is 10
Kirihara's powerlevel is 9
Sanada's powerlevel is 11

If every character improves at the same rate with every game played, and each character plays 1 more match, doubling in skill after every match, the end result will end up no different than the first statistics. The difference is every character will be stronger.

Season 2:
Kaidoh's powerlevel is 8
Fuji's powerlevel is 16
Tezuka's powerlevel is 20
Kirihara's powerlevel is 18
Sanada's powerlevel is 22

Last edited:

Dansan1

Reaction score
Country
United States
You still have the same huge hole that I think you just can't see.

Add in that statement and it still doesn't follow logically that just because all characters improve after every match that they should improve at an equal rate.

It doesn't follow any logical progression, you could argue from the manga that they improve at the same rate, but all characters improving after each match does not logically progress to them improving at the same rate.

I personally don't see that looking at the manga. Even in your own example you started with the presupposition that they improve at the same rate! Here's a counter example

Person A -4
Person B-6

After 1 match each

Person A-8
Person B-14

Both improved but at different rates.

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was making a general example about the major characters and saying if they were to improve at the same rate. Every character is different, but the concept is still the same.

Sanada can be at level 30 in season 1
Echizen can be level 8 in season 1

*Echizen plays more main characters and improves*
*Sanada plays minor characters and wins 6-0. Doesn't improve*

Sanada remains level 30 in season 2
Echizen becomes level 20 in season 2

*Echizen plays more main characters and improves*
*Sanada plays minor characters and wins 6-0. Doesn't improve*

Sanada remains level 30 in season 3
Echizen becomes level 28 in season 3

*Echizen plays Sanada and wins*
*Echizen goes to level 35*
*Sanada goes to level 31

(Note this hacked exp is only available for Echizen, granted by GM_Konomi)

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but remember you can't compare an improved Fuji to an old Tachibana. We have to assume every character will improve at the same rate. So the old Fuji who played the old Tachibana match would end up similar to a new fuji vs a new tachibana.
I sort of agree with the statement that we have to assume that every character will improve at the same rate, but characters like Echizen and Fuji are known to evolve at a fast rate. Characters like Shiraishi and Tezuka won't evolve as much since as said by Shiraishi, they both have completed their styles already. Assuming that it's an RPG, we can say that they have EXP boost. However, your statement saying that "all characters improve at the same rate because they improve after every match" doesn't make sense. Improving at all is not a rate. Improving 2 levels/per game is a rate.

There are some things in the manga that I've learned to accept. Ryoma won't lose, Ryoma sucks at doubles, Oishi has a little girl's wrist, and Fuji is the fastest evolving character. I mean, come on. Fuji invented a new counter during the hardest game he's ever played. He then proceeded to create another new counter in 1 game to fix the 5th counter's counter. With the information we've been given, it can be assumed, whether you fully agree or not, that Tachibana has not gotten ANY better from before the manga's story to the nationals. Some characters have even said that he got worse.

Last edited: