Character - Shishido | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Shishido

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Listen, it isn't about winning or losing. Tezuka was utterly out-matched. Yukimura himself said it. I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this subject. Sanada defeated every single technique Tezuka had to throw at him. Not only that, Tezuka ended up losing anyway!

That would be like Shiraishi owning Fuji 5-0 like he did,

Fuji creates counters, gets 4 games;

Shiraishi overcomes them and wins 6-4 anyway.

Now, had this happened, WHO in their right mind would say "Fuji is still better" or "They are even." Whoever would take this situation and say that, please raise your hand.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Listen, it isn't about winning or losing. Tezuka was utterly out-matched. Yukimura himself said it. I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this subject. Sanada defeated every single technique Tezuka had to throw at him. Not only that, Tezuka ended up losing anyway!

That would be like Shiraishi owning Fuji 5-0 like he did,

Fuji creates counters, gets 4 games;

Shiraishi overcomes them and wins 6-4 anyway.

Now, had this happened, WHO in their right mind would say "Fuji is still better" or "They are even." Whoever would take this situation and say that, please raise your hand.
But Sanada VS Tezuka had much more emotion. And remember, if Tezuka would have the arm only a bit less injured, he could have done 4 Zero Shiki serves in a row and would have won the match.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nope, as Sanada still had those combination shot. He returned the Zero-Serve at match point.

And: IF Tezuka had a better arm, then maybe Sanada would still be better IF he had more than 2 elements hidden... this whole if thing leads to nothing.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my main issue with PoT...a single set doesn't tell the whole story...

Fed loses to Nadal 6-2 in the first...then proceeds to thrash him 6-2,6-0 in the next set.
Yeah, but these are middle school kids. Most of them are damn exhausted after playing just one set. Hell, unless things have changed since I graduated, even high school tennis teams only play one set matches.

It's true that you can lose bad in the first set and then win big in the next few, but for people who know they're playing a one set match, they'll have to go all out from the start.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but these are middle school kids. Most of them are damn exhausted after playing just one set. Hell, unless things have changed since I graduated, even high school tennis teams only play one set matches.

It's true that you can lose bad in the first set and then win big in the next few, but for people who know they're playing a one set match, they'll have to go all out from the start.
I disagree...Ryoma and Atobe played a 200 + point breaker...if you do the math thats like 8 sets of tennis (im just throwing around the numbers Im probably wrong).

Ryoma jogs from Tokyo to Kanagawa on foot then plays Kirihara.

None of them ever look really tired unless the match was grueling.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree...Ryoma and Atobe played a 200 + point breaker...if you do the math thats like 8 sets of tennis (im just throwing around the numbers Im probably wrong).

Ryoma jogs from Tokyo to Kanagawa on foot then plays Kirihara.

None of them ever look really tired unless the match was grueling.
200 points is freaking long, yeah. Of course, some of those were probably service aces and short points. The bigger issue isn't how many points are played but how long the rallies are.

I'm sure some of them could play full matches, but a lot of them probably aren't at that level of endurance yet. Hell, Hiyoshi and Mukahi can't make it through one set.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
200 points is freaking long, yeah. Of course, some of those were probably service aces and short points. The bigger issue isn't how many points are played but how long the rallies are.

I'm sure some of them could play full matches, but a lot of them probably aren't at that level of endurance yet. Hell, Hiyoshi and Mukahi can't make it through one set.
And Tokyo's Kikumaru middle set XD