Chapter - Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion

MeowyMenoire

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry. I understand and have removed the message
[/QUOT
What i was trying to say is The family to me feels too close. I say they remain on those terms, but yuuto will probably give in to fan demand and ship the two

Iron21

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol, after reading the summary, Asahi is definitely getting the school responsibility dumped on his ass. Erina is going to stay in America to find Soma and end up getting swept into his pace and both gonna be there for a few years. They're both gonna return during an annual school reunion tournament or something and meet the rest of the characters and shock them by being married and stuff. You're gonna get short summaries about what the other characters been up too over the years and whatnot (narrated by Megumi of course), and that'll be the end.

I guaranteed the above is going to happen, or something similar, bank on it.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Soma and Erina more or less was thing that’s been confirmed since the one shot.

Mayumi is barely remembered.

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Soma and Erina more or less was thing that’s been confirmed since the one shot.

Mayumi is barely remembered.
Not unless you buy that first volume with her soma, and another friend on that cover lol. But yea okay go with it. After August it's done. Love some more but I think once yuuto wraps it up, it stays wrapped
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

lol, after reading the summary, Asahi is definitely getting the school responsibility dumped on his ass. Erina is going to stay in America to find Soma and end up getting swept into his pace and both gonna be there for a few years. They're both gonna return during an annual school reunion tournament or something and meet the rest of the characters and shock them by being married and stuff. You're gonna get short summaries about what the other characters been up too over the years and whatnot (narrated by Megumi of course), and that'll be the end.

I guaranteed the above is going to happen, or something similar, bank on it.
Yea that's probably why yuuto put that twist. I think though Soma has to get his win against Erina. His whole mission was to get her to say "It's Delicious" ever since that entry exam in which her ego wouldn't let him pass. For that not happen would be a letdown
--- Double Post Merged, ---

That would be a bad ending. I explain, that Soma does not appear to finish the third year and show us a scenario where a son of the attending Tootsuki appears, without any explanation, does not make much sense with the history of the manga. Soma has traveled a reverse path to that of his father. Jou found happiness in the simple. Soma improved her kitchen facing great challenges. Soma set out to be the best chef of his generation, to surpass his father and for Erina to recognize his cuisine (to be told in his own voice). That cannot be left in the air. That he did not graduate as his father would be bad, since he promised his companions to return.
This is a canceled manga, you have the opportunity to close decently. This is not like Dragon Ball, Naruto or Saint Seiya who had their sequels secured.
So yuuto made it clear he has no plan to continue whatsoever? I mean he lost at Blue, and wasn't the deal that if he were to lose he wouldn't inherit the diner?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Mayumi has been seen in like what? 5 chapters?

Meanwhile Erina and Soma have been interacting for pretty much the entire series.

And to drive the point home, Erina and Soma’s mother have similar mannerism and even hairstyles in the recent chapter.

LegumiLove

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Right so making them a couple would only give it fan demand.
It's not fan demand. If anything Sorina is one of the few things that has been consistently established throughout the series since the beginning going all the way back to the oneshot before the first volume came out. No other ship has ever made sense for either of them in canon.

Also, Mayumi being in the background on the first volume cover has nothing to do with anything. Asahi was on a cover too. Should we ship him with Souma??? What about Eizan??? Kuga??? Almost every remotely relevant character has a cover lol.

Mayumi, along with Souma's other friends from home, were all one off characters added to give Souma a regular life backstory. To show that he had a normal life before Totsuki. That's it. There is literally no other reason for her existence.

CEOAmaterasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How much more BULLSHIT can Tsukuda stuff in the final volume? Stay tuned next month.

Jou: He's my other son.
Azami: He's my son.
:shootme

Seriously, Tsukuda should've just named this Shokugeki no Nakiri instead. Even in the epilogue, we had more Nakiri than Yukihira's family.
Seriously who gives a rats ass about Azami and Asahi?

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mayumi has been seen in like what? 5 chapters?

Meanwhile Erina and Soma have been interacting for pretty much the entire series.

And to drive the point home, Erina and Soma’s mother have similar mannerism and even hairstyles in the recent chapter.
So he should get with Erina because she looks and acts like his mom?

OyraYukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It's not fan demand. If anything Sorina is one of the few things that has been consistently established throughout the series since the beginning going all the way back to the oneshot before the first volume came out. No other ship has ever made sense for either of them in canon.

Also, Mayumi being in the background on the first volume cover has nothing to do with anything. Asahi was on a cover too. Should we ship him with Souma??? What about Eizan??? Kuga??? Almost every remotely relevant character has a cover lol.

Mayumi, along with Souma's other friends from home, were all one off characters added to give Souma a regular life backstory. To show that he had a normal life before Totsuki. That's it. There is literally no other reason for her existence.
well I agree with your opinion about Mayumi, because idk why someone prefer her to be the main of the discussion, even for a shipping lol

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States

see that was the problem with this story. Those characters were one and done. Would've love to have seen a decent closure , maybe even some depth rather than add more and more. Why even bother if they weren't going to be fully detailed and irrelevant to the story?

LegumiLove

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
see that was the problem with this story. Those characters were one and done. Would've love to have seen a decent closure , maybe even some depth rather than add more and more. Why even bother if they weren't going to be fully detailed and irrelevant to the story?
This is not specific to SnS. There are one off characters like Mayumi in all kinds of manga that are only there to fulfill a simple purpose or are specific to only one arc. I don't want to start dropping spoilers for other series, but a lot of large battle manga do this often. Not everyone in a manga is going to get their own character arc, backstory, and development. They don't need to either. It would be too much. Mayumi served her role well.

However, other characters that were actually more important secondary characters like Ryo, Alice, Takumi, Rindou, Megumi, Eishi etc. it's different. In this group we have characters whose appearance in the series was far more important than typical side characters and indeed did deserve some more development than they got. That was the expectation anyway. Tsukuda just dropped the ball on his writing for the last year since the RDC ended. Took the series in a weirder direction than it needed to go in, and here we are. We can't change that either though and these epilogue chapters are definitely trying to wrap that up I guess. The first one wasn't bad, but Asahi-Oniisama here in the second chapter ain't something I'm a fan of. Well, just gonna hope the last chapter is good.

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is not specific to SnS. There are one off characters like Mayumi in all kinds of manga that are only there to fulfill a simple purpose or are specific to only one arc. I don't want to start dropping spoilers for other series, but a lot of large battle manga do this often. Not everyone in a manga is going to get their own character arc, backstory, and development. They don't need to either. It would be too much. Mayumi served her role well.

However, other characters that were actually more important secondary characters like Ryo, Alice, Takumi, Rindou, Megumi, Eishi etc. it's different. In this group we have characters whose appearance in the series was far more important than typical side characters and indeed did deserve some more development than they got. That was the expectation anyway. Tsukuda just dropped the ball on his writing for the last year since the RDC ended. Took the series in a weirder direction than it needed to go in, and here we are. We can't change that either though and these epilogue chapters are definitely trying to wrap that up I guess. The first one wasn't bad, but Asahi-Oniisama here in the second chapter ain't something I'm a fan of. Well, just gonna hope the last chapter is good.
You're right but characters like eizan idk it just feels like after Central died, he just submitted. You think he try to come up with a new scheme given Soma never beat him at his best, but yea had yuuto gotten more time, there couldn't more development or proper conclusive chapters to many characters

OyraYukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
calm down guys, the good news is Doromame is speechless rn lmao

CEOAmaterasu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seeing how Tsukuda has this need to involve Asahi in everything, I wonder how he's going to react when he finds out his non-blood-related brother who he tried to challenge just so he could become Jou's true son, finally marries Erina who's actually his blood-related sister that he tried to marry?

Just imagining the family dinner....

Asahi: Hey, remember that time I kidnapped you and forced you to practically say yes to my marriage proposal?
Mana: I mean...I left my daughter and husband without contacting them for the entire manga so they would only have to suffer alone just so I could suffer by myself instead.
Senzaemon: I had this mastermind plan to save my daughter and granddaughter, but despite the wisdom I've gained from my old age, the plan blew up in my face. I couldn't do anything for you, Mana. I couldn't do anything for Asahi and Erina either for their entire childhood.
Azami: Nothing can top what I did. I forgot to use a condom with this hooker and did nothing for your childhood, Asahi, abused and mentally traumatized my daughter for her sake and my wife's, and overthrew my father-in-law's school.
Erina: My life fucking sucks.
Jou: I feel like I'm already becoming a part of this family, with me raising Asahi as a son, seeing and calling him as a son, but never actually trying to adopt him which ignited the fire that started Asahi to try and force wed his own sister and challenging his non-related brother.
Soma: Maybe I should just file for a divorce...

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
There wasn't but the family is so close with one another it feels as though it is. Honestly I think both families can't beneficiate with

Right so why not sh

Right so making them a couple would only give it fan demand. I mean I feel it be better to have soma shipped with Mayumi. I mean they didn't just insert her just to be an afterthought, but then again alot of characters were
Sorina exists because the author has given many clues and references for it. The famous phrase of Jou, that when they say it, we are introduced to Erina in the story. As a predestination. Then you can find many moments throughout the manga. One of the most recent can be found in Chapter 276, when the girls are in a sleepover, and Erina describes her ideal man / chef, and Megumi thinks that description is the same as Soma is.

One possible end is that Soma stays with x girl, and Erina with x boy. Their children are in Tootsuki and a new Yukihira / Nakiri rivalry is born. That would be a bad ending. As I said, this is not Dragon Ball or Naruto, SnS closed with low sales and low popularity. Besides that the sequels starring the children turn out to be bad.

I want a Sorina, that would be the good ending. Or leave an open end, that they are single and focused on the kitchen.

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorina exists because the author has given many clues and references for it. The famous phrase of Jou, that when they say it, we are introduced to Erina in the story. As a predestination. Then you can find many moments throughout the manga. One of the most recent can be found in Chapter 276, when the girls are in a sleepover, and Erina describes her ideal man / chef, and Megumi thinks that description is the same as Soma is.

One possible end is that Soma stays with x girl, and Erina with x boy. Their children are in Tootsuki and a new Yukihira / Nakiri rivalry is born. That would be a bad ending. As I said, this is not Dragon Ball or Naruto, SnS closed with low sales and low popularity. Besides that the sequels starring the children turn out to be bad.

I want a Sorina, that would be the good ending. Or leave an open end, that they are single and focused on the kitchen.
YeA I would some form of continuation, but if yuuto is completely done after August fine do it, but they should have a Shokugeki in which Soma gets his win back

mike allan

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Sorina for life

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorina for life
Okay how about this for the next chapter. He comes back and immediately challenges Erina to get her to submit to his cooking in an all or nothing Shokugeki where if he loses , he'll accept expulsion. During the bout, he whips out something erina sees as impressive. Before he hands it to the judges , he first gives it to Erona for her to taste...then a 10 years later sign shows with the jewel generation in a reunion that to nobody's suprise, has the sorina couple with a child. They all celebrate and eat the dish that finally made Erina say It's Delicious. The End