Help - Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for | Page 42 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Sir Isley

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone translate a couple of things? Thanks

I'm curious about the first image.

I've seen the "supposed" Eng version already however I'd like to know what this version says.

And this second image is what I'm truly interested in.

OKfarm

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
A:The Great General died!
B:●Budo The Great General
As The Great General,top of an army,I made him Illustrated to show strength by his outside too.
I think there are enough descriptions to express his powerful style.
He has met with Akame in the past,so I intended the fact to be noticed of by readers somehow,
from conversations after last volume.
if we make his abilities into parameters,like those of games,
combat and command are extremely high,but politics very low.

Gala Lion

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Could someone be so kind to translate these 2 little Douji for me please?

IAmTheOneWhoBlocks

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Would someone be so kind as to explain to me what this is?

Is this a new series? It's just that the two characters look interesting to me. Thanks in advance! :)

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, a new series called Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san. Yuuna is a yukata wearing ghost haunting an onsen (I suppose this Yuragi-sou).

anjiera

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
no one that could translate this for me?
Is there a manga helpers page to post the translation, or did you just want the translation posted here? (Sorry, I'm new here so I'm not sure what the protocol is)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This will be my final request for now.
Did anyone translate these for you yet? If not, where do you want the translation to be posted?

Gala Lion

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is there a manga helpers page to post the translation, or did you just want the translation posted here? (Sorry, I'm new here so I'm not sure what the protocol is)

Did anyone translate these for you yet? If not, where do you want the translation to be posted?
hmm you can post it here or send me a message with the translations xD

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States

Naw, Just send me a PM

HerculesFactory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help with this phrase. It's from Kinnikuman Nisei: All Out Choujin Assault and it's something Mantaro says when he's getting in the ring one time.
股間にイチモツ、手にニモツ!
I'm thinking it's 'I got it in my pants and also in my hand!', with 'it' being the determination to get in the ring.

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I need help with this phrase. It's from Kinnikuman Nisei: All Out Choujin Assault and it's something Mantaro says when he's getting in the ring one time.
股間にイチモツ、手にニモツ!
I'm thinking it's 'I got it in my pants and also in my hand!', with 'it' being the determination to get in the ring.
You're not the first one to ask this question. You can find a detailed explanation here: http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1274581092

If you can't read that, I can summarize it for you.

HerculesFactory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're not the first one to ask this question. You can find a detailed explanation here: http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1274581092

If you can't read that, I can summarize it for you.
Sorry I couldn't get back to ya, I was both busy with work and going on with finishing Choujin All Out Assault for review.
From what I can gather from the explanation, Mantaro essentially just screw up saying [胸に一物背に荷物], which I think translates to 'It's my plan to take this up', but he screws it up by saying 'I'll take it up in my pants'. Feel free to correct me on that.

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Need both text and translation for this to see what the Arabic gibberish supposed to say

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimeFangirl

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
The Japanese beneath the Arabic says "What's your bra size, Teacher?"

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I would like a confirmation which translation is closer to literal meaning on those two frames:
Upper frame, right bubble (whole page for context: http://online.mangaraw.net/Hunter-x-Hunter-Chapter-357-4-13729.html):
MS translation: "I don't see why Machi has to go to all that trouble for him... I mean, he was fighting the boss..."
Viz translation: "She wouldn't accept money when he was fighting Chrollo, right?"

Lower frame (whole page for context: http://online.mangaraw.net/Hunter-x-Hunter-Chapter-357-15-13729.html):
MS translation: "Excuse me? Who do you think I am? If you wanna stop me, how about you free yourself and try."
Viz translation: "Taking my love for granted? Get it off yourself and stop me."

These are totally different translations and I don't know who to believe (I would think that Viz would have better translator than a Edited Manga group but anything is possible).

Thank you in advance for clarification/translation.

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Japanese doesn't work without context, so I can't really tell which version is right.

Here's the absolutely literal translation from someone who doesn't know the context:
1. Even though fight the squad (group?) commander, there's no way Machi would accept something like that, right? (who is fighting the commander, and what Machi would or wouldn't accept isn't specified)
2. This is just a single verb that means usually something like "to take advantage of someone's generosity". So literally he's asking "Taking advantage of generosity?" (who is taking advantage of whose generosity isn't specified)

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Thank you.
2. This is just a single verb that means usually something like "to take advantage of someone's generosity". So literally he's asking "Taking advantage of generosity?" (who is taking advantage of whose generosity isn't specified)
I assume that this verb could be translated to love (instead of generosity) in certain context?

Anyway, it seems that Viz translation is closer judging by your generous explanation.

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you.

I assume that this verb could be translated to love (instead of generosity) in certain context?
Yes, this interpretation is possible.

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you.

Anyway, it seems that Viz translation is closer judging by your generous explanation.
(1) + (2): I would go with Viz.
(2): Alt translation "(Are you exp...)/ Expecting something from me?"