Question - Should ignia vs natsu be a one on one or should it be natsu and friends? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Should ignia vs natsu be a one on one or should it be natsu and friends?

Should ignia vs natsu be a one on one or a team natsu vs ignia

• Total voters

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
For me it should be a 1v1 because in the event that it is natsu and friends it'll just prove ignia is right and that natsu is fodder without his nakama. It should also be a one on one because this fight Is personal. The one who carries igneel's teachings with him against the one who carries igneel's blood in him. I just can't see any reason why this fight should be team natsu vs ignia apart from it being a team natsu quest. What are your thoughts on this issue

Garmadooon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Expectation: DF Natsu VS Ignia alone and big L for Natsu.

Reality: Nakamatsu will steal power from others with Wendy's enchantment > Ignia will lose his magic > One Shot.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Anyone other than Natsu getting involved in any way would ruin the fight. The entire premise of it is built around it being a 1v1.

The Acno fight was imo ruined by involving so many other people, when Natsu was the only one that actually held a grudge against him. In this case, Natsu's the only one with any relation to Ignia. Please don't turn this into another group fight like with Acno.

Plus we all know that the others will only be there to weaken Ignia as usual, which is lame as hell. Let a God Tier fight against him with its full power for once, ffs

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Expectation: DF Natsu VS Ignia alone and big L for Natsu.

Reality: Nakamatsu will steal power from others with Wendy's enchantment > Ignia will lose his magic > One Shot.
So there's no hope?

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
So there's no hope?
Seeing how the author shit the other DGs I can't have hope for Ignia even if I defend his power level.

It will be Natsu VS Zeref 2.0: Ignia will shoot DF Natsu. He's obviously stronger tougher faster and his fire is way cooler and OP than anything I've seen from Natsu.
Natsu will only defeat him with PIS + POF + Plot Armor. Then Natsu will be further reduced to being in the same tier as Gray/Gajeel. If you think there will be a good fight of Natsu against the villain after Alvarez and 100YQ you live in the world of Care Bears :cookiehand

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Seeing how the author shit the other DGs I can't have hope for Ignia even if I defend his power level.

It will be Natsu VS Zeref 2.0: Ignia will shoot DF Natsu. He's obviously stronger tougher faster and his fire is way cooler and OP than anything I've seen from Natsu.
Natsu will only defeat him with PIS + POF + Plot Armor. Then Natsu will be further reduced to being in the same tier as Gray/Gajeel. If you think there will be a good fight of Natsu against the villain after Alvarez and 100YQ you live in the world of Care Bears :cookiehand
Natsu vs merchphobia was good
Natsu vs aldoron was good
Natsu vs suzaku was good

Natsu vs madmolle was nonsense
Natsu vs gajeel was nonsense
Natsu vs dogramag nonsense

Natsu vs wraith mid

Pablinski

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
In my humble opinion, the fight does or does have to be 1 vs 1, only Natsu against Ignia, a fight that has reasons to be carried out personally by Natsu:

- Natsu was raised by Igneel as his own son, instead Ignia is the true son of Igneel, it is a fight to be the heir of the Fire Dragon King.

- Ignia wants to fight against Natsu, due to the fact that the God-Dragon of Fire knows that our main character defeated Acnologia (supported by the other dragonslayers and other characters), since Ignia's goal was to defeat Acnologia himself.

- There is a plan that Ignia has with Natsu, which we do not know for sure what it is and how Natsu would be involved in it. For now, Ignia wants Natsu to increase his powers and according to his own words to "burn everything" ".

I hope that no one interferes for this fight, even though Ignia is a target of the 100 Year Quest, the only one who has to face him is Natsu for personal reasons and also that both of them fight with full power, without nerfing Ignia and Natsu with his powers developed to the maximum taking advantage of his experience in combat.

Let's see what Mashima comes up with in this matter, I hope he doesn't do it in a hurry (although seeing how he does some things, well...), because Ignia is the opponent I'm most looking forward to seeing and it's also a very good opportunity for Natsu.

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Remember a couple weeks ago there was people that wants Lucy to fight Ignia instead of Natsu :facepalm :8C

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Either way would be fine if done correctly but I personally would like to see an actual team fight. One where each individuals strength is displayed as well as teamwork that boosts those strengths. I don't want to see another "everyone else is on nerf duty while Natsu does the actual fight". Motivation wise, I don't really see this as something Natsu needs to do by himself. He had all the reason in the world to be super angry at Acno for killing his father, but at the end of the day Acno wasn't just his problem. His existence affected everyone so they all were involved regardless of motivation. I feel the same will be true for Ignia. Especially if his plan really is to revive the dragons and start the dragon age over. But if it is a 1v1 I hope its a good one. None of the usual enemy stomps hero then hero prevails at the last hour. Natsu would need to be an actual threat to Ignia from the beginning. Also if that fight is a 1v1 then the Viernes fight needs to be a VERY good team fight. The whole point of the 100 years quest is that it's supposed to be team Natsu taking it on together because no single mage could do it alone. If the quest ends without a real good showing of them as a team against a DG, that'd be kinda lame imo.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would make an educated guess that Ignia will get his way and it will be a 1 on 1 battle, but we’ll see. I just think Mashima has gotten bored of every character apart from Natsu Looking at how the story has gone since, realistically the Grand Magic Games. Tartarus is a notable exception, and I think that’s because it was a core Balam arc and he’d probably already known how it would go from the very start of the series, unlike pretty much everything else post Tenrou which felt more like making it up as he went along.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
One on one. Natsu needs to win against a full power acno level opponent without some Bs power up from his friends.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
One on one. Natsu needs to win against a full power acno level opponent without some Bs power up from his friends.
Natsu is currently "too weak" to fight on equal term against a full power DG with his own ressources. And they remain only two now.
So, even if Natsu fights him in one on one, Ignia will be nerf by the team or Natsu will be empower by the team. Remember the main story is about bounds.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
On a serious note: I would like Natsu to have his 1v1 against Ignia no matter how it goes because it will be good for his development. Not to mention he has the fire immunity perk so he has to face it. What good will the rest of the team be when they couldn't do shit to weakened Mercphobia?

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Natsu is currently "too weak" to fight on equal term against a full power DG with his own ressources. And they remain only two now.
So, even if Natsu fights him in one on one, Ignia will be nerf by the team or Natsu will be empower by the team. Remember the main story is about bounds.
My mind tells me you don't want one v one cuz you don't want natsu to surpass the s-class wizards
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Remember the main story is about bounds.
So why didn't erza have help against shitsaki or why didn't laxus have help with kirin or why didn't gray have help against hakune? Why natsu has to share spotlight when other characters have theirs?

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
On a serious note: I would like Natsu to have his 1v1 against Ignia no matter how it goes because it will be good for his development. Not to mention he has the fire immunity perk so he has to face it. What good will the rest of the team be when they couldn't do shit to weakened Mercphobia?
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Aldoron God Seed if the team hasn't destroyed the other Seeds to weaken him ?
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Dogramag if the team hasn't destroy the Cores to weaken him ?
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Mercphobia if Ignia didn't intervene to power-up him highly this moment ?

My mind tells me you don't want one v one cuz you don't want natsu to surpass the s-class wizards
No it's not about that. Natsu is tenfold the S-Classes, I don't care.
I only see how the Quest is : Natsu is strong but not full DG's level. Not alone or facing a nerf DG.

But yes, we cant talk here. So I shut my mouth.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But yes, we cant talk here. So I shut my mouth.
How does this have to do with anything.I'm just asking why does natsu gotta share spotlight.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Aldoron God Seed if the team hasn't destroyed the other Seeds to weaken him ?
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Dogramag if the team hasn't destroy the Cores to weaken him ?
Wasn't Natsu doom in front of Mercphobia if Ignia didn't intervene to power-up him highly this moment ?
But I agree that Natsu too is not at DG level at full strength I have said this several times I have already said that even in his DF he is fodder for Ignia Selene Aldoron Dogra and Merc at full strength. But again it's not just a question of power but of relationship with the enemy. In your opinion, why Alvarez Base Natsu could match Zeref alone when Tartaros DF Natsu got beaten by Mard Geer ?Because Zeref is his brother and only Natsu could stop him (and no don't make me believe your favorite character could fight Zeref when they fought lesser characters). If the author wants Natsu to move to DG tier he will do so because he'd rather worry about his development with Ignia/Igneel than sharing with the others on the main team.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
But I agree that Natsu too is not at DG level at full strength I have said this several times I have already said that even in his DF he is fodder for Ignia Selene Aldoron Dogra and Merc at full strength. But again it's not just a question of power but of relationship with the enemy. In your opinion, why Alvarez Base Natsu could match Zeref alone when Tartaros DF Natsu got beaten by Mard Geer ?Because Zeref is his brother and only Natsu could stop him (and no don't make me believe your favorite character could fight Zeref when they fought lesser characters). If the author wants Natsu to move to DG tier he will do so because he'd rather worry about his development with Ignia/Igneel than sharing with the others on the main team.
Like against the other DG, Natsu can fight him in one on one. He will due to their relashionship and it will be the final clash of the Quest.

All what I said is that Natsu will have external help (by bounds with the team or the Guild), or the team will, in another place, nerf Ignia some way like they did with Dogramag and Aldoron. Natsu is currently too weak to fight a full DG by himself. And you can add the rest of the Guild, how powerless they are, they will die as well.

MyaHeart35

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So why didn't erza have help against shitsaki or why didn't laxus have help with kirin or why didn't gray have help against hakune? Why natsu has to share spotlight when other characters have theirs?
Because Natsu always fighting someone way above his pay grade. Natsu fought Suzaku alone, just like the others did. So had his moment too shine.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

It doesn't matter how you put it if Natsu fights Ignia one on one he will lose or if he win it's going to be bs or he gone have help. That would make Natsu jump several tiers and its logical.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Like against the other DG, Natsu can fight him in one on one. He will due to their relashionship and it will be the final clash of the Quest.

All what I said is that Natsu will have external help (by bounds with the team or the Guild), or the team will, in another place, nerf Ignia some way like they did with Dogramag and Aldoron. Natsu is currently too weak to fight a full DG by himself. And you can add the rest of the Guild, how powerless they are, they will die as well.
I agree but If I remember correctly in the beginning of the series the faris said the entire fairy tail guild is equal to the water dragon god. She said since she couldn't use Mercophia she would use fairy tail because of their strength. Multiple statements of the series stating fairy tail is a guild with too much power.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree but If I remember correctly in the beginning of the series the faris said the entire fairy tail guild is equal to the water dragon god. She said since she couldn't use Mercophia she would use fairy tail because of their strength. Multiple statements of the series stating fairy tail is a guild with too much power.
Correct, and this is why Natsu can't win by his own against a full DG unless he jumps an entire league.

Circumstances will power-up Natsu insanely (possibly Igneel's ghost) or will nerf Ignia. Or the full Guild (for the valids and the strongest + Diabolos and others like Sabertooth) will join like they did with Acnologia while Natsu will fight alone or with his team.