Hangout - Showcase and Request HQ: Sets and Banners | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Showcase and Request HQ: Sets and Banners

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

Hello, fellow art lovers!

We are delighted to announce a new and improved Artist Request & Provide area; where all works of art displayed around the sub sections of the Art Category can be kept organized and easy to access. Posting a new thread for reacurring requests and issues can get very messy and the majority of times get overlooked. Therefore, the new threads you'll find in this section are designed to aid you all in resolving specific issues and finding other members to cater for your requests.

The more contributions you make, the easier it will be for others to continue supporting the cause which will hopefully in turn enrich the discussions for the long term. Like many forms of art, one can get inspired in a variety of ways so this is our chance to show, share and shine together! From complimentary comments to full-on individual and group projects; you'll be able to navigate much more freely around here.

If you are looking for a specific type of artwork to be completed and need the help of an artist. This is the place to find one. If you are looking for a manga writer to form a team with you, this is the place to make it happen! If you are simply looking for a cool, new set to wear then you'll be spoilt for choice in here!

To put it simply, the main aim is maintaing the process of requesting and providing artwork. This is driven by everyone's contributions and to share anything related to the category of this thread. It doesn't always have to be a major contrbution but even the smallest of helpful suggestions could really make a members goal easier to achieve. ^-^

Below you'll find the main objectives of these new threads:- Provide a place where members can display their works that they are willing to share and welcome others to make direct requests to them. This also covers members that are looking for a specific type of artist.

- To give members more space to distribute their new/current pieces that they created and willing to offer them to others to use. (For example: As an avatar & signature set, a desktop wallpaper, a background of some kind, inspiration for stories and character designs) If this is the case then be sure to please let the artist know prior to your intentions when using his/her material.

- A place to share newly learned and acquired techniques (be it mixed media, photoshop-based, etc).

- To offer support and advice on specific techniques or problem solving. (E.g. If a member is asking for a bit of help in Photoshop when achieving a certain effect or looking for a particular brush effects package)

- A base where members can leave feedback and critique, which should be done in a respectful and encouraging manner; with the goal of providing artist recognition across the site.

- Promote exchangeable knowledge using the points mentioned above, in order to gather more members and expand upon this.

Note: You don't need the Artist Group Status to be considered an artist!

The table below consists of a list of artists and their recent works. This has been created so that members can identify particular artists and to give artists themselves a better outlook around the forum. Anyone is most welcome to join the list, you don't necessarily have to be an official Artist of MH. No status is needed. The only basic requirement is that you display at least one of your artworks/text material here. Please contact an Art Moderator via PM or express your interest in this thread. This list will be reviewed periodically so that its information is up to date.

Any members interested in a specific piece or artist can contact them directly through this list as well.

- ~Coffee~ (PM)

- Adorien (PM)

- Akia999 (PM)

- Bugzee (PM)

- DeBaron8 (PM)

- Farfalla (PM)

- Gintara (PM)

- Googlez_kun (PM)

- kakashi919 (PM)

- nanaDmari (PM)

- naruto-niichan (PM)

- sakura-aneki (PM)

- Shinsatsu (PM)

- TheBoss (PM)
- WithYouInSpirit (PM)
  • [THREAD=3005488]Gallery[/THREAD]
  • [THREAD=3005491]Member Thread[/THREAD]
- ninjasushi (PM)
  • [THREAD=3007208]Gallery[/THREAD]

Let's create a good environment for members to discuss [SETS and BANNERS] related topics with an open mind that encourages improvement and upholds respect for all those involved. Remember to show, share and shine together!

Last edited by a moderator:

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
of Steins;Gate's Kurisu Makise

Hi everyone! I haven't seen Steins;gate but I really love the character design for Kurisu Makise from the series. Could anyone please make me a signature with her in it?

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to search for a stock photo to supply artists :'C I'm happy with anything and would greatly appreciate an avatar and signature set of the character.

Thanks in advance!

Tumblr Photos of Kurisu Makise

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I'd love that (:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Argh, I'm trying here but I only got crappy sigs so far xDDD That's why I'm taking so much time. I wish I was Shin @.@

---------- Post added April 21, 2013 at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was April 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

That's what I got, Kyouria:

I'm sorry if it isn't very good :( The lights went off when I was preparing the sig, so I lost what I had done and had to start over. Lemme know if you like so I can get the avy^^

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello there artists !

Since i suck at being an artist and therefore making my own sets, i would like to request an avatar and a signature because you all seem very talented.
My request is pretty simple, i would like this picture to be used for both the avi and the sig : http://i.imgur.com/3BdtknM.png. You can add some cool effects, light frame whatever you want as long as it looks cool, i really want it to look a bit different from the original picture but in a good way.

Thanks a lot.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
can someone help me figure out how to get the .gif file that is currently my sig to automatically play

it does play when opened in a web browser but not just by looking at it like on this forum

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

actually it appears that saving the file to my computer stops the .gif from playing,

here is the link to the .gif image in its full size before i saved it and reduced it

http://static.tumblr.com/mzqhupm/nhMm7yptm/tumblr_lr4gx89rhu1qg5m1xo1_500.gif
its already under 500 kb so i just need to trim it down to 200 X 600 without stopping the animation

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Hello there artists !

Since i suck at being an artist and therefore making my own sets, i would like to request an avatar and a signature because you all seem very talented.
My request is pretty simple, i would like this picture to be used for both the avi and the sig : http://i.imgur.com/3BdtknM.png. You can add some cool effects, light frame whatever you want as long as it looks cool, i really want it to look a bit different from the original picture but in a good way.

Thanks a lot.
I'll try to prepare you something now that I have some free time^^

can someone help me figure out how to get the .gif file that is currently my sig to automatically play

it does play when opened in a web browser but not just by looking at it like on this forum

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

actually it appears that saving the file to my computer stops the .gif from playing,

here is the link to the .gif image in its full size before i saved it and reduced it

http://static.tumblr.com/mzqhupm/nhMm7yptm/tumblr_lr4gx89rhu1qg5m1xo1_500.gif
its already under 500 kb so i just need to trim it down to 200 X 600 without stopping the animation
Checking your sig, I think alrdy you figured out what to do xD I was going to recommend you to upload it on photobucket or something, those place usually have an option to resize files.

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'll be waiting! ^^

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

just moved to a new city, so it may be a little while longer before I participate~
Just wanted to stop by and show that I am still alive and around~

Sorta screwed up the background though

TheBoss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Sorta screwed up the background though
Awesome saber sig as always, man xD
You should add a little bit more light to saber's head, specially in the eyes. Or at least polish it a bit more.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ya I felt like it needed some more work, but I thought I would gather ideas from other people
(Dont ask me how the post ended up in this thread instead of where I posted it~)

I also noticed the requests, and I shall also try to take time to make something~

Last edited:

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
(Dont ask me how the post ended up in this thread instead of where I posted it~)
Butterfree moved it.
But how did u do that effect with the sword?

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh nifty that you asked that - It was my newest speed sig video (pauses to fix the audio at youtube)
http://youtu.be/2of5jMZ2-m8

Nothing overly fancy, some brush over for lighting, a wireframe C4D and a bubble C4D~

You can find the first three here - YAY

*I thought that if someone had moved it, they would have least left the "Congrats to gumi" in the other thread, THAT makes no sense being here.

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
oh nifty that you asked that - It was my newest speed sig video (pauses to fix the audio at youtube)
http://youtu.be/2of5jMZ2-m8

Nothing overly fancy, some brush over for lighting, a wireframe C4D and a bubble C4D~

You can find the first three here - YAY

*I thought that if someone had moved it, they would have least left the "Congrats to gumi" in the other thread, THAT makes no sense being here.
Sweet '-' Never knew you liked CT too :zomg

I dont think that how thread moving works :lmao

Edit: I can't split a post xP ~Farfalla

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
(simply take the image out if it was bugging you that much and leave me a *naughty naughty, post that elsewhere* note)
T_T
now Gumi has no idea that I even care, poor poor Gumi

AND I LOVE CT, one of the best games of all time~

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
It's not about bugging me and it has nothing to do with that o.o I said it was just about placing things where they belong. This is a new area, and we were used to show signatures in that one, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt if we were reminded that now we have this place to display things, and even involve other people in those discussions. That was just a simple action ._. Anyway, I just got your post back to the other thread, with your message for Gumi, and kept the signature part here.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this area is, at least, becoming a tad bit more popular xD You guys do have problem to stay on topic sometimes though, huh '-'

Nast! I'm working on your piece, I'm sorry if I'm taking some big time xD

Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there no room for trailing anywhere Farf?

I mean it like I was showing the sig video and he noticed the CT song and was like "yay CT~" (if this is what you mean by off topic, then we could say your mention of being offtopic is offtopic~?)
So doesn't there have to be some wiggle-room~?

I do agree with your moving the sig post over to here (I forgot that this thread opened up and YES I was used to sharing my sigs over in the discussion) - I was just giving you a hard time and being sarcastic~ (I usually am, so sorry if I was agitating)

Last edited: