Chapter - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 38 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 38 Spoilers & Discussion

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Dat cake though. I thought for a sec that Shiva was going to eat that. Raiden's one hell of a thicc boi :XD

Ok, now finally I'm starting to enjoy this fight more. Granted, at the end of the day, we still saw only punches and kicks but I'm glad the author put at least some sort of effort in this one and added that strange rhythm that forms afterimages, the flaming kicks produced by the combustion (that I admit was fucking insane) and Raiden's freakish muscle control.

Also, some things never change I guess. I wonder why the author is so focused on making Ares, the God of War himself, look like more of a wimp by each chapter that goes by :XD

Then things get fully turnt up when he combusts, legitimately looking like a Destroyer, which I'm glad to be proven wrong on. That heel strike was freakin awesome and culminated with that sick pose, absolute 🔥. Raiden's two fans and @Shadowlord123 (:heh) be like
Not gonna lie, that massive wound being cauterized in an instant by the heat emanating from Shiva's foot got me like:

After that and before he smiled at the end, I was preparing myself to bury my expectations of him winning this fight...

BUT then that smile came and after seeing my boi still being confident to win at the very end of the chapter I was like:

Not gonna lie, that chapter was a rollercoaster of emotions to me :XD

Still supporting Raiden until the very end ofc :cheez

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The dance looks more impressive now that I have read the chapter translated. I think there will be three more chapters for this fight.

Still supporting Raiden until the very end ofc :cheez
I think you are the only one I have seen who is supporting Raiden :amuse .

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Raiden with his eye and chest scar is looking a little like Sagat from street fighter II in there.

I appreciate that nod to classic arcade games if it was intentional.

Moral of the story.

Never count out a sumo wrestler with a 6 pack?

:toc

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think you are the only one I have seen who is supporting Raiden :amuse .
Well, it wouldn't be any fun if everyone cheered for the same. Though I have to admit that at this point I'm only doing it for just maintaining the bet I made months ago regarding who would win this fight :XD

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok now I feel like Raiden is going to win. The way everyone spoke about Shiva makes me think that dance is the best he has and Raiden is still alive so his next significant blow will be the deciding one I think

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dat cake though. I thought for a sec that Shiva was going to eat that. Raiden's one hell of a thicc boi :XD
Guess it wasn't just me, there were like 15 panels of ass shots :lmao That's one way to know you're on the wrong end of an exchange.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
If Raiden somehow wins this fight then the scales tip in humanity's favour. I have to admit I'd love to see the Gods response to that and how the remaining ones approach theirs respective fights considering the initial arrogance. If he does win I'd be pleasantly surprised though. Shiva has had an overall presence from the start, from his interactions with Zeus to his side commentary, so for him to go down now would be a bit of a twist.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Ok now I feel like Raiden is going to win. The way everyone spoke about Shiva makes me think that dance is the best he has and Raiden is still alive so his next significant blow will be the deciding one I think
Page 27 hermes says tandava is ONE OF THE SECRETS pf the destroyer of Svarga

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Aren't there moments like this in every fight though?

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
Ah, this fight finally gets interesting ! Wonder what move Raiden has up his sleeves. Can't wait for Shiva to open his other set of eyes

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can’t be the only one that wants Raiden to lose

he’s so boring & uninteresting, there’s nothing to like about him besides his introduction

And why does everyone think Shiva revealing his extra set of eyes is a power up lol ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah Shiva doesn’t feel all that godly, in fact it looks like he’s the weakest god we’ve seen so far

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
IDK I'm still not really into this fight. Raiden hasn't really done anything to endear me to him like the other fighters. Shiva is also not really that interesting. His backstory's pretty boring, his fighting style is kinda cool (with the dance), but it's not nearly as cool as some of the other Gods.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
IDK I'm still not really into this fight. Raiden hasn't really done anything to endear me to him like the other fighters. Shiva is also not really that interesting. His backstory's pretty boring, his fighting style is kinda cool (with the dance), but it's not nearly as cool as some of the other Gods.
I agree there’s nothing to like about these 2

Shiva’s origin is pretty boring and generic

And Raiden has 0 development

Also there’s nothing unique about this fight, it’s just a much boring version of Adam Vs Zeus

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Till now there has been nothing much interesting about this fight

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I see some negative comments regarding this fight. Tbh, even if I find it to be the weakest battle so far, at least the authors are making hard to guess who's gonna win, I'll give them that.

Shiva's dance was fire (no pun intended :p). After six chapters of getting his ass kicked by Raiden he finally got something impressive to show.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do think this is the weakest fight but I like Raiden. He just wants to fight and have sex. His introduction when he hugged the bigger sister sold me on him. That and him doing typical manga/anime thing where you get hit really hard and smile.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Aren't there moments like this in every fight though?
Moments like that are common but I can’t explain it with this fight. It just feels finished. We’ve seen both their backstories, both have had the upper hand, and Shiva’s used what looks like maybe his strongest technique. @TarXan is right this does feel like a more dull version of Zeus vs Adam. Even worse it came after Jack and Hercules which might be the best fight in my opinion.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The manga is making me wanna cheer for Shiva. When that happen in this manga normally the opposing side win. The only exceptions so far is Kojirou.