Chapter - Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Chapter 42-43 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Chapter 42-43 Spoilers & Discussion

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Rasputin definitely fighting for the gods, right? Perhaps not this round, but when it's his turn. Also, Buddha is pos. A lovable pos, but a pos nonetheless.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Rasputin definitely fighting for the gods, right?
You think Buddha has set a precedent for the tournament now? Turned it into a free for all that anyone can suddenly switch allegiance? I gotta say I wouldn't mind it. That would make things unpredictable.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m kinda worried about Buddha. I feel like he’s too much of a beast for the series to handle, and the author might kill him off to break my heart.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Rasputin definitely fighting for the gods, right? Perhaps not this round, but when it's his turn. Also, Buddha is pos. A lovable pos, but a pos nonetheless.
The problem is for a human fighter to be fighting for a god and don't get stomp... A Valkyrie HAVE to be defecting as well unless they do a jack and forced a valkyrie into being a weapon.

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
You think Buddha has set a precedent for the tournament now? Turned it into a free for all that anyone can suddenly switch allegiance? I gotta say I wouldn't mind it. That would make things unpredictable.
Perhaps. But it also have to do with the myths themselves. Herc and Buddha were not born full gods and thus have a close relationship to humanity. There should be a human with no sense of allegiance to humanity, someone who think themself as a god. Rasputin is the closest one I think. Grandios and immortal. Sounds like a god to me.

The problem is for a human fighter to be fighting for a god and don't get stomp... A Valkyrie HAVE to be defecting as well unless they do a jack and forced a valkyrie into being a weapon.
You're making a great point, but can the Valkyrie refuse the human once they've bonded? I mean, Rasputin could quite literally do a buddha and declare his real allegiance just before the fight.

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, Buddha turning out to be a traitor wasn't really surprising given the whole thing with Loki and the 7 Lucky Gods during the fifth fight, but the scene was still hype as heck. However, if this development ends being genuine (you never know if the authors are baiting and Buddha ends fighting against the humans anyway), I don't know what path the manga will follow from now on, as that would force the gods to pick a replacement for Buddha and one of the human fighters will end not participating in the tournament (I don't like the human traitor theory, btw). The only way to solve this would be for Buddha to be revealed as one of the humans of the roster, with the gods picking a replacement for him (Hades, anyone?).

My bet for Buddha's opponent is either Bishamonten or Loki, but I think Bishamonten has more chances giving the screentime he has received lately, more with the reveal that he + the other Lucky Gods are apparently the same entity.

Other than that, seeing Jack again made me very happy, even more seeing he's a new man and he developed from his battle with Heracles. He didn't do much other than to save Goll's ass, but I welcome every second of screentime he receives from this point.

Also, chapter 42 indeed confirms that Brunhilde goal to save humankind is indeed genuine. I hope with that people stop to theorize stupid ideas regarding her intentions, she's a good girl.

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
with the gods picking a replacement for him (Hades, anyone?).

Hermes as well, and ofc Aphrodite for obvious reasons :hee.

Also, chapter 42 indeed confirms that Brunhilde goal to save humankind is indeed genuine. I hope with that people stop to theorize stupid ideas regarding her intentions, she's a good girl.
The best girl. Wait, there's theories of Brun not being genuine for humanity :XD ? With Brunhilde, it's to see how far and desperate she becomes to save humanity, how much she will give up, ie her sisters. Now, we see her admitting weakness here, right after she cried over Heracles in the previous match.

Also, with Jack showing up, I'd like to see her rely a bit on the humans, like Jack or Kojiro commentating alongside her during the match. Or going to Nostradamus for strategizing. It'd be a good way to involve the humans more.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really do like Jack. That wrote in a way that almost made me forget he’s a monster. And Buddha could surpass Adam as my favorite character. I think the humans are about to take this one. I can’t see Buddha losing this one. He’s most likely facing Bishamonten.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Been a while since I commented here. I was one of the few ones that actually expected Raiden to win but yeah it didn't end up well for my boy. I really suck with bets :XD

Buddha is easily my favourite God currently. His level of savageness is unrivalled. I wonder who'll fight him. Since he's fighting for the humans, you would expect another God to step up, unless there's a human that wants to compete for the Gods lol. If a God ends up fighting with Buddha, then the Gods' side will have to recruit new fighters as it would be 14 humans (counting Buddha who now is on their side) vs 12 Gods (since Buddha, one of them, is not participating in this team). This is an interesting twist. I wonder how the author will handle it.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
You're making a great point, but can the Valkyrie refuse the human once they've bonded? I mean, Rasputin could quite literally do a buddha and declare his real allegiance just before the fight.
Well, Buddha power is also stated to be what "Volund" are right? Doesn't that mean he can cancel em outright too?

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really do like Jack. That wrote in a way that almost made me forget he’s a monster. And Buddha could surpass Adam as my favorite character. I think the humans are about to take this one. I can’t see Buddha losing this one. He’s most likely facing Bishamonten.
But if we get a God v God round that means there’s a human that isn’t going to get a turn

Meaning they’ll have to throw in another round or something
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, Buddha power is also stated to be what "Volund" are right? Doesn't that mean he can cancel em outright too?
Buddha’s common destiny and Volund are the same concept I think

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Perhaps, but we also have to take in the fact that Rasputins immortality could be so OP that he might not need a Volund. If a human were to fight for the gods that human would also have to fight another human and thus might not have to rely on a Volund to begin with. This expected twist has brought up a lot of possibilites.

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Either Rasputin or Qin shi huang or Nikola tesla will fight for the gods this round
Tesla won't fight against Humanity; he was a great believer in the power of human inventiveness and scientific progress...

Qin shi huang or Rasputin... yeah, I can see either of them fighting for the gods. Could be another god too...

You know, I think Takumi Fukui & Shinya Umemura have an obvious lack or knowledge of non-japanese badass warriors... Leonidas, Lü Bu and Simo Häyhä are very famous warriors, but Jack the Ripper, Qin shi huang, Nikola Tesla, Nostradamus... these weren't known for their fighting prowess...

There are tons of warriors he could have included...

For example, Diego García de Paredes is famous Spanish knight who fought 300 duels and never lost, climbed alone a turkish fortress's wall alone and killed dozens of men before being captured (no other soldier managed to climb the wall, so he was alone), was sent to a dungeon, broke his chains, escaped the dungeon and joined the fight again, bare-handed... in a later battle held alone an army of 2,000 frenchmen in a bridge, killing 200-500 of them (the number is unclear) forcing them to resort to cannons to drive him away from the bridge. He survived to old age and died from a bad fall while playing with some children...

The Portuguese soldier Aníbal Milhais basically defeated on his own two assaults of the German army with his Lewis machine gun, killing hundreds of them and covering the retreat of the British and Portuguese contingent; afterwards he escaped, rescued a British major and crossed the enemy lines, joining his unit. He never told what he was done, such was his humility, but other soldiers revealed the truth. A few months later he repeated the same feat, holding the whole German army alone to cover the retreat of his pals...

The Native Canadian soldier Francis Pegahmagabow killed 378 enemy soldiers and captured 300 more during WWI, and was famous for his ability to cross the deadly trenches to pass messages or retrieve ammo during battles.

The Mapuche Galvarino, after losing both hands, had two knives tied to his forearms so he could keep killing enemies in battle.

Centurion Marcus Cassius Scaeva was basically Roman Wolverine: It was reported that, at the end the battle of Dyrrachium he had over 200 arrows in his shield and a few more in his armor and body (including one sticking out of his eye socket), and he had killed so many enemies his sword went blunt and he kept killing people bashing their heads with rocks (he survived that battle, was promoted and keep fighting during that war...).

...etc.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Perhaps, but we also have to take in the fact that Rasputins immortality could be so OP that he might not need a Volund. If a human were to fight for the gods that human would also have to fight another human and thus might not have to rely on a Volund to begin with. This expected twist has brought up a lot of possibilites.
Yeah. It doesn't even to be traitor vs traitor fight. Human vs human can happen.

There might also be a draw in one of the matches that'll lead to no human traitor and another god entering the battle as well. Who knows.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
What if the 7 lucky gods jump in to fight buddha? Also there's the theory that the 7 Gods are actually one