Chapter - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 54-55 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 54-55 Spoilers & Discussion

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That introduction for Huang is one of the best of the series.

I hope the fight will deliver. Wasn't too fond of the previous one but the ending was great.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I couldn't remember who Huang Qin was.

The closest reference I could find was him being in the old Jet Li movie Hero.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Major props to Ares for having the courage to volunteer 🤣. Tho Qin flipping him effortlessly confirms he's likely low-diff material.
Oh is that what he did? Couldn't understand through all the stuttering and internal hype monologue :teehee

Also, the different perspectives on the upcoming match. Humanity's upbeat and can take the lead, while Zeus declaring this a must-win, a sports-like Game 7. I've noticed Apollo has never come to mind for Zeus and Hermes for a fight, so I guess he's in the lower echleon of the roster? Nor has he shown up yet around his family. Wonder if he'll be unveiled with Hades fighting. Anyways, I'm backing Hades for this one. I've been diggin him since his intro, an absolute boss. Look at that arena 💀, perfect burial for Qin and his terracotta army :hee
NGL the way Ares was smug about Hades insta-win has me a bit worried for him. I don't know the history of Qin though, so i'll read up a bit on him to see what he's about. His absolute arrogance seems to match Hades at least.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh is that what he did? Couldn't understand through all the stuttering and internal hype monologue :teehee
:feelsbadman It's the thought that counts, and he did that in 0.25 secs :lmao. This actually reminded me of Piccolo hyping himself up when he fused with Nail 🤣

NGL the way Ares was smug about Hades insta-win has me a bit worried for him.
True, but you know Goll is gonna reverse-jinx this back at some point lol. Another thing is the honor of the Greek Pantheon rests on Hades' shoulders. Even in their only W, Zeus was battered and on his knees. The debt is quite big, so I took the liberty to fix this:

I don't know the history of Qin though, so i'll read up a bit on him to see what he's about. His absolute arrogance seems to match Hades at least.
I got you, reminds me of when you told me of Okita. Qin's the founder of the Qin Dynasty and first emperor of a unified China. The Terracotta Army and Great Wall are also associated with him. He was known to pursue immortality, and I think it was said he drank Mercury believing it to be an elixir and died.

And yep his arrogance, the theme of the battle is King vs. King.

@Shadowlord123 :teehee

Last edited:

Cheesecake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The terracotta army is Qin shi Huang's mausoleum. The first emperor to unify China. The great wall was his doing. Overall he was a tyrant. When he died, his servants were killed alongside with him as sacrifice. The sculptors that made the statues of terracotta army were killed as well because Qin didnt want another copycat of mausoleums like his. There were rumours that his mausoleum contained death traps. I've been to his mausoleum, it's basically an archeological site now.

Another cool thing about the terracotta army is that the statues were coloured statues when first made, but because it was buried deep underground for a long time, the colours faded when it first founded.

I love his design, he looked like a cool villain from chinese movies. His arrogance is perfect for a tyrant.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I forgot to add something. Now I kind of understand why this fight hades vs emperor qin happened. Hades is the ruler of the underworld. Qin created the terracotta army is because when he died the 'army' plus the sacrificed servants will continue to serve him after his death. I remembered the movie 'the myth' by Jackie chan, theres a scene where he entered the mausoleum is like entering an isekai world. The author definitely did his research before hand. What a guy! :verily

Last edited:

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okay, my thoughts on the chapters:

-They actually brought back the little bird Zero saved in his backstory ;_; That part hit the hardest. The lil birb never forgot about Zero despite being scared off by him, not even in the afterlife 😭 .
-Buddha x Brun moments are always welcomed 🤣 Once again Buddha says Brunhilde wants something other than saving mankind, and while I think she does really want to save humans, I'm curious to see what Buddha's words will mean in the future.
-Odin and Beelzebub scene left more questions than answers. What's Odin endgame? Does he simply wants to have the fight of his life like Thor or is he planning something else? Norse pantheon kinda sus as of late.
-Hades joining Ragnarok is hype. The gods needed another fighter after Buddha's betrayal, so Hades is a perfect replacement. I know some people are upset to have another Greek god in the roster, but I personally don't mind it, as Hades is one of the most important gods here and not seeing him fight would have been a waste.
-This was full of Ares bullying lol. My boy deserves better, they're always making a clown out of him. I think this is the peak of his bullying, not only trolled by Hermes to consider participating in Ragnarok, but also flipped over by Qin without provocation even when he only wanted to take him to the human seats! I pray Ares gets respected at least once at some point of the manga 😔 .
-Nothing to say about Qin that hasn't been said already. Dude has a badass design and his arrogance in front of the gods is cool. I hope his battle with Hades ends being one of the best of the series, cause the match hasn't started yet and it already looks like it's gonna be amazing. While his ability wasn't explained this chapter, I do think his Volund may be the weird fingernails things he has on his hands, as when he flipped over Ares he used his hand for that. I cannot wait to see him fighting either way.
-After reading this chapter many times, I already got used to Nostradamus' design. It may be shocking at first considering the other fighters, but I think it's fine. Nostradamus wasn't a fighter in real life, so it's okay if he's not a 2.00 m tall musclehead like Lu Bu or Heracles. I'm not sold on his personality yet (not a big fan of crazy shotas), but we will see if I end liking him eventually. What I'm curious about is how he will fight, as he doesn't looks like a pure physical fighter.
-We got a lot of funny Brunhilde faces these two chapters, that is always welcomed

Overall I liked them and I cannot wait for Qin vs Hades.

Last edited: