Since when were you under the impression this was an introduction thread? | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Since when were you under the impression this was an introduction thread?

Since when were you under the impression this poll was made by The Ghost ?

• Total voters

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I get a kick out of the poses, the macho, androgynous designs (mostly from those I've seen of future parts), music references... there's a lot to love there.

This is very much style over substance so yea you have to like that to hang with it. In general, I don't pick a side with style or substance, even if the latter is longer lasting, on first view style holds up well. So I don't have a problem here.

I'm not particularly with Stands, yet. I preferred Hamon power lol. There are some enjoyable Jojo fights, what kills it is the amount of them in part 3. Every episode or two we'll come across a stand user.. even though they're literally traveling to a goal it feels like we're not going anywhere. Idk, I was getting a headache from that. I have contemplated skipping straight to Jotaro vs Dio, so then I can start Kira's part. If part 5 is a hit anime, then I'll probably feel more pressure to finish part 3.
Yeah, the stories don't have much substance, but then again most action anime/manga don't either on that front. It usually comes from the characters. Which Jojo's does do well as it goes on for the most part. Regardless, the series is more of a 'fun' ride, than a serious contemplative one anyway. I am sure you realize this already. :XD

I think you need to get further with the stands. I agree that at first, they seem pretty standard for an ability system. However, as the series goes on, the creativity that the author employs with them is far higher than most battle series. Only HxH really rivals it there, maybe OP too. The latter only in the abilities themselves too; the situations he creates are what make them fun.
As for the number of fights, that kinda is the charm of it, but I definitely see why it would burn someone out. Especially, in the first half of part 3, which is easily the least creative section of the longer Jojo parts. If you do go back to it, I would stick with it until the end. There is some decent payoff to hanging in there with the crew.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well ultimately it is subjective,you will love what your heart loves.It doesn't matter if one say X series is good or bad, it's up to you whether you like it or not.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well yea it's subjective, lol, we're all aware of that.

Yeah, the stories don't have much substance, but then again most action anime/manga don't either on that front. It usually comes from the characters. Which Jojo's does do well as it goes on for the most part. Regardless, the series is more of a 'fun' ride, than a serious contemplative one anyway. I am sure you realize this already. :XD

I think you need to get further with the stands. I agree that at first, they seem pretty standard for an ability system. However, as the series goes on, the creativity that the author employs with them is far higher than most battle series. Only HxH really rivals it there, maybe OP too. The latter only in the abilities themselves too; the situations he creates are what make them fun.
As for the number of fights, that kinda is the charm of it, but I definitely see why it would burn someone out. Especially, in the first half of part 3, which is easily the least creative section of the longer Jojo parts. If you do go back to it, I would stick with it until the end. There is some decent payoff to hanging in there with the crew.
I'm just being clear that me dropping Jojo had not much to do with poses and even the fights - which is why I commented on style. Cowboy Bebop is episodic and highly stylised, so it's not as if I cannot work under these conditions. Jojo is just lacking in comparison, 'imo'.

I do look forward to the ability system, it'll probably take me 4.5% of the way to loving Jojo. (exact figure btw).

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well yea it's subjective, lol, we're all aware of that.

I'm just being clear that me dropping Jojo had not much to do with poses and even the fights - which is why I commented on style. Cowboy Bebop is episodic and highly stylised, so it's not as if I cannot work under these conditions. Jojo is just lacking in comparison, 'imo'.

I do look forward to the ability system, it'll probably take me 4.5% of the way to loving Jojo. (exact figure btw).
Yeah, I got you on that. Bebop is much more condensed, so it has that advantage. Jojo's really does thrive on the wackiness of the battles/characters, but that might not be enough for many in the long haul. Considering the length, I can totally understand that.

I think you will enjoy the latter half of part 3 a fair bit more if you ever get back to it. First half of part 4 is a little slow too, but not as bad. You like SOL, so you probs won't mind it. The parts after that don't have big dips throughout from what I remember. Good that you have an exact number on the increase this might give you. :derp

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That's a very cute avi you have there, Aizen :zomg

Hope you keep it for a long while. It suits you well :teach

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a very cute avi you have there, Aizen :zomg

Hope you keep it for a long while. It suits you well :teach
Thanks! I figured it was time for a change, and you can never go wrong with Miyazaki. Where is yours from btw?:hmm
Btw @Aizen RWBY starting soon.Hope to see you in the thread.
I am not caught up on RWBY actually, so sadly I won't be xD. I hope it is a good season for you guys though!

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks! I figured it was time for a change, and you can never go wrong with Miyazaki. Where is yours from btw?:hmm
Brittnay Matthews from The Most Popular Girls in School. I believe that I recommend you to watch that show :awe

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brittnay Matthews from The Most Popular Girls in School. I believe that I recommend you to watch that show :awe
Oh yeah, you did indeed. :XD I am gonna have to get to that at some point. Your avi looks nice as well.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oh yeah, you did indeed. :XD I am gonna have to get to that at some point. Your avi looks nice as well.
Looking forward to that. And thanks o/

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Vici Finished Kill la Kill. What a crazy series that is xD. Constant action and comedy. Watched it with a few friends, and we were laughing a lot. It is shameless, but it wears that on its sleeve lol. Surprised me a couple times too.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Vici Finished Kill la Kill. What a crazy series that is xD. Constant action and comedy. Watched it with a few friends, and we were laughing a lot. It is shameless, but it wears that on its sleeve lol. Surprised me a couple times too.
Glad you have enjoyed it.

As I say that series is completely random with both ridiculous/Epic moments + Incest :blushbirb

What do u have now on your list?

I may suggest Angel Beats or Nichijou ( if you looking for complete random funny moments ) < But you probably saw this two...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Still not done with Inuyasha :emocat

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Aizen saw Kill La Kill...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh btw @Aizen this list gave me lot of suggestions a year back

You might wanna check it, probably the best suggestion video in YouTube

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
This video clearly showed why jojo is great just find out today

Spoiler alert though

I know it's great,i'm a Fanboy of so many things though :gwah still gotta keep my Promise to Vici and get onto RWBY soon.:nerd