Final - Son Hak vs. Kogami Shinya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Son Hak vs. Kogami Shinya

Who wins?

• Son Hak

• Kogami Shinya

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Son Hak
Akatsuki no Yona
-

Kogami Shinya
Psycho-Pass

Last edited by a moderator:

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hmm.... who to vote for...?
Should I pick this guy?
Or this guy?
The struggle is ever so real.... :?bunny

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Hak! Hak! Hak!

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have to check what I score for these men :D

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I'm sorry. I couldn't keep my promise. I wanted to go into a line of work where I could protect people. That's why I became a detective. But Makishima changed everything. That man will continue to kill people. And yet, the law can't judge him. As long as I'm a detective, I can't touch him. This case made me aware... that the law can't protect people."

➡Personality ⬅

Kogami is cool-headed and detached while working a case with sharp instincts and insight into the criminal mind. The way he deals with investigations leaves even the best Enforcers impressed and appalled, as he usually uses risky methods to solve them. However, despite his mostly serious personality, he has a sense of humor and finds it amusing to tease rookie Inspector.

[Cb] ➡ Background ⬅

Kogami is born in Kanagawa to Tomoyo Kogami and her unnamed husband.

While in high school, Kogami majors in social science and takes up kickboxing and wrestling as hobbies. He graduates at the top of his class and scores 721 points. He later follows his best friend, Ginoza, in becoming an Inspector and entering Division 3.

Kogami as an MWPSB Inspector was transferred to Division 1, given the task of watching over his own Enforcers, one of which is a young man named Mitsuru Sasayama. Though warned to stay detached, Kogami and Sasayama become friends. They are given a case, which they nickname "The Specimen Case".When Sasayama was on the verge of finding the murderer he, himself, was brutally dismembered and displayed in the same manner as the other victims.

Kogami was the first one to find Sasayama's dismembered and deformed body. The horror caused a sharp rise in Kogami's Crime Coefficient. Refusing to take treatment, he continued to work on the case and was eventually demoted to Enforcer.

➡ Relationships⬅

Ginoza Nibuchuka

Ginoza and Kogami have known one another since high school, where they develop a deep friendship after Kogami defends Ginoza from bullies taunting him about Masaoka's latent criminal status. Despite possessing different demeanors, they are very close. Even after Kogami is demoted to the rank of Enforcer, Ginoza holds Kogami's life in high regard as may be seen when he hesitates to fire his Dominator despite a direct order from Sibyl to kill the fleeing Enforcer. It is only after Kogami flees Japan and becomes a mercenary rebel on Shambala Float that Ginoza sees how different his old friend has become. Even so, he administers personal justice with a one-two punch, but allows Kogami to escape with a stern warning to stay away from Tsunemori.

Akane Tsunemori

Kogami and Tsunemori are colleagues; she, as a rookie Inspector and he, as an Enforcer under her supervision. Their first time working together reminds Kogami that justice comes before duty and helps him rediscover what being a detective is truly about. He also considers that her way of living is the correct one and holds great respect towards her. They establish a friendly rapport with Tsunemori giving him the latitude to work in his own way as she learns from his experience. Before leaving the MWPSB, he leaves Tsunemori a letter letting her know he's sorry about breaking his promise and that he won't ask her forgiveness but, should they meet again, she should judge him as necessary. He also expresses his appreciation for the chance to work with her.

Mitsuru Sasayama

He is Kogami's colleague and friend until his murder in the Specimen Case, the very case which causes Kogami's Crime Coefficient to rise. After being demoted, Kogami becomes obsessed with finding Sasayama's killer, who is revealed to be Shogo Makishima.

Tomomi Masaoka

Masaoka and Kogami have a positive relationship due to Kogami's friendship with Ginoza. They are also professional colleagues whose style of detective work is different, but equally effective. Masaoka has a safe house and it is there where Kogami hides out following his escape from the MWPSB, just prior to leaving

Japan .

Kagari

After Kagari becomes an Enforcer, he plans to take on the strongest person there who ends up being Kogami. Their fight ends in Kagari having a broken arm and Kogami having some broken ribs. However, after their fight and a short conversation, they become friends.

Joji Saiga

Kogami is a former student of Saiga who impressed him once after asking an unique question. Also, Kogami holds great respect for Saiga and even calls him "Professor" long after his "retirement".

➡ Other facts:⬅

Education

March 2100 ‒ Graduates from Kanagawa Prefecture Kanagawa Higashi Middle School, General Education

April 2100 ‒ Enters Nitto School of Social Sciences, Social Psychology Department

March 2104 ‒ Graduates from Nitto School of Social Sciences, Social Psychology Department

♦Kogami is a heavy smoker.His favorite brand of cigarettes is Spinel.

♦He sleeps only four hours per day, taking catnaps during the day to refresh himself.He is designated as Hound 3, as an Enforcer and Shepherd 2, as an Inspector.

♦His fighting style is Silat, introduced to him by Sasayama.

♦His favorite food is hamburgers and his least favorite food is synthetic fish.

♦His favorite brand of bottled water is "Anterctic Dorops".

♦His hobbies are training, reading, and sometimes playing games with Shusei Kagari, as an Enforcer,making maintenance of equipment and rope work.

♦Strengths - "Flashes of genius backed up with intelligence"

♦Weakness - "Kindness."

♦Favorite author - Stephen King, James Ellroy, Ernest Hemingway, Mangetsu Hanamura, Seishi Yokomizo and Juko Nishimura.

♦Favorite books - The Long Walk by Stephen King and The Running Man because, after becoming an Enforcer, he relates to the respective protagonists

So vote for Shinya :blai

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
:jk:bow
I'm sorry. I couldn't keep my promise. I wanted to go into a line of work where I could protect people. That's why I became a detective. But Makishima changed everything. That man will continue to kill people. And yet, the law can't judge him. As long as I'm a detective, I can't touch him. This case made me aware... that the law can't protect people."

➡Personality ⬅

Kogami is cool-headed and detached while working a case with sharp instincts and insight into the criminal mind. The way he deals with investigations leaves even the best Enforcers impressed and appalled, as he usually uses risky methods to solve them. However, despite his mostly serious personality, he has a sense of humor and finds it amusing to tease rookie Inspector.

[Cb] ➡ Background ⬅

While in high school, Kogami majors in social science and takes up kickboxing and wrestling as hobbies. He graduates at the top of his class and scores 721 points. He later follows his best friend, Ginoza, in becoming an Inspector and entering Division 3.

Kogami as an MWPSB Inspector was transferred to Division 1, given the task of watching over his own Enforcers, one of which is a young man named Mitsuru Sasayama. Though warned to stay detached, Kogami and Sasayama become friends. They are given a case, which they nickname "The Specimen Case".When Sasayama was on the verge of finding the murderer he, himself, was brutally dismembered and displayed in the same manner as the other victims.

Kogami was the first one to find Sasayama's dismembered and deformed body. The horror caused a sharp rise in Kogami's Crime Coefficient. Refusing to take treatment, he continued to work on the case and was eventually demoted to Enforcer.

➡ Relationships⬅

Ginoza Nibuchuka

Ginoza and Kogami have known one another since high school, where they develop a deep friendship after Kogami defends Ginoza from bullies taunting him about Masaoka's latent criminal status. Despite possessing different demeanors, they are very close. Even after Kogami is demoted to the rank of Enforcer, Ginoza holds Kogami's life in high regard as may be seen when he hesitates to fire his Dominator despite a direct order from Sibyl to kill the fleeing Enforcer. It is only after Kogami flees Japan and becomes a mercenary rebel on Shambala Float that Ginoza sees how different his old friend has become. Even so, he administers personal justice with a one-two punch, but allows Kogami to escape with a stern warning to stay away from Tsunemori.

Akane Tsunemori

Kogami and Tsunemori are colleagues; she, as a rookie Inspector and he, as an Enforcer under her supervision. Their first time working together reminds Kogami that justice comes before duty and helps him rediscover what being a detective is truly about. He also considers that her way of living is the correct one and holds great respect towards her. They establish a friendly rapport with Tsunemori giving him the latitude to work in his own way as she learns from his experience. Before leaving the MWPSB, he leaves Tsunemori a letter letting her know he's sorry about breaking his promise and that he won't ask her forgiveness but, should they meet again, she should judge him as necessary. He also expresses his appreciation for the chance to work with her.

Mitsuru Sasayama

He is Kogami's colleague and friend until his murder in the Specimen Case, the very case which causes Kogami's Crime Coefficient to rise. After being demoted, Kogami becomes obsessed with finding Sasayama's killer, who is revealed to be Shogo Makishima.

Tomomi Masaoka

Masaoka and Kogami have a positive relationship due to Kogami's friendship with Ginoza. They are also professional colleagues whose style of detective work is different, but equally effective. Masaoka has a safe house and it is there where Kogami hides out following his escape from the MWPSB, just prior to leaving

Japan .

Kagari

After Kagari becomes an Enforcer, he plans to take on the strongest person there who ends up being Kogami. Their fight ends in Kagari having a broken arm and Kogami having some broken ribs. However, after their fight and a short conversation, they become friends.

Joji Saiga

Kogami is a former student of Saiga who impressed him once after asking an unique question. Also, Kogami holds great respect for Saiga and even calls him "Professor" long after his "retirement".

Education

March 2100 ‒ Graduates from Kanagawa Prefecture Kanagawa Higashi Middle School, General Education

April 2100 ‒ Enters Nitto School of Social Sciences, Social Psychology Department

March 2104 ‒ Graduates from Nitto School of Social Sciences, Social Psychology Department

♦He sleeps only four hours per day, taking catnaps during the day to refresh himself.He is designated as Hound 3, as an Enforcer and Shepherd 2, as an Inspector.

♦His hobbies are training, reading, and sometimes playing games with Shusei Kagari, as an Enforcer,making maintenance of equipment and rope work.

♦Weakness - "Kindness."

♦Favorite author - Stephen King, James Ellroy, Ernest Hemingway, Mangetsu Hanamura, Seishi Yokomizo and Juko Nishimura.

♦Favorite books - The Long Walk by Stephen King and The Running Man because, after becoming an Enforcer, he relates to the respective protagonists

I should nominate Ginoza next year :drool

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
First of all, I'm rly glad to see that Hak got to this point^^ Thx for the ride, peeps! I adore the character and it makes me happy to see that so many people share the same opinion so far ('cause for each battle, things can always change, I'm aware) on his quality as a Husbando.
I'm sorry I didn't post things yet, the site was down and I've been in bed with a very nasty migraine, and my day will be quite complicated (many personal/family and work tasks to handle). So I'll have to recap once more and come back again later.

Just like in the battle before, I ask you guys to check out Akatsuki no Yona first two chapters. Some alrdy said they are willing to check the series, and this wouldn't take much time and will help you come out with your final decision, I'm sure. Two birds with a single rock.

01- AN INTRO ABOUT SON HAK:
I'll try ^_^

Lemme give you an intro then.

Picture this: you're not living your best phase, you're often displaying selfishness and immaturity and you lack the knowledge, purpose and character to live up to your responsabilities, not being able to move past your own whims and narrow sight.
And then, against the odds, an old friend that knows you since forever - and grew up into a skilled, funny and kind 1.9m tall blue eyed, dark haired and fit man - demonstrates he knows you beyond your shameful current self and sees the best in you, way more than you're able to, and deeply loves who you for who you are.
It's hard not to see Yona as someone freaking lucky in the love field afer that, right?
Now in a bit I'll start a bible on Haksbundo '-'
02- MY PERSPECTIVE ON SON HAK AND WHY I NOMINATED HIM:
Yosh, here we go! Some OP music for the mood~ Be aware that if there is anything in spoiler tags, it's cause it is a spoiler.

CHARACTER PROFILE
  • Name: Son Hak
  • Titles: Raiju (Thunder Beast)
  • Series: Akatsuki no Yona
  • Quick Summary: Hak is one of the leaders and generals from the Wind Tribe, and a childhood friend of Princess Yona. He was adopted by the tribe leader and became the Wind Chief at the age of 15, after he grew to be well respected due to his talents and good relationship with people. He serves as the Princess's bodyguard, since the king entrusted him the position.
Akatsuki no Yona is a shuojo and, because of that, there are a lot of things to point out about Hak as a Husbando material.

If I sound generic, it's for the sake of not spoiling people about the series.
I'll try to be as specific as I can without commenting much on the story, which prevents me from using examples.

MAIN ASPECTS AS A HUSBANDO
  • Hak is devoted and caring
It's clear from the very beginning that Hak values Yona more than anything else, and would place her well being before his own life. He states he serves her as a weapon, but what differenciate him from other devoted characters is that he knows he's responsable for the Princess image and memory, he's also there as an important figure to lead her way till where she belongs to be, and can't just die while protecting her; he has to live, for her. Hak endures hardships, taking his mental and physical strengh to keep them all safe, including her other companions and friends, and his tenacity is a shown of how dedicated he is to the Princess.
"I'm immortal. Actually, I can't afford to die. I've got a troublesome princess to look after."

• Hak is respectful and supportive
In spite of the nature of his feelings for the Princess, he has the status of a good friend and a guardian. Due to that, Hak keeps his impulses restrained, and respects her feelings and desires, fighting his thoughts whenever they resurface, even though it hurts to do so. The lack of response doesn't prevent him from nurturing pride for the Princess abilities and persona, he admire her decisions and stances and follows her for what she can provide for the realm as well. He's a bodyguard and a servant, but that's not due to a submissive nature. Hak is a warrior and a Chief and chose to be in his position out of respect for the people that both the King and the Princess are. He might have different opinions on some matters but will follow and defend the ones he believes in, without measuring efforts. He chose to embrace Yona's cause and ways.
“When you protect someone you want to keep safe, do you always weigh your own life against theirs?”

• Hak is funny and sassy
The dude is a troll... He's mischievous, mocks and provokes everyone and anyone, and Yona is his best target. The series has a lot of gag and quite often Hak is involved in it. Who doesn't value someone that can make you laugh and keep your spirit lifted, specially during the darkest days? Who doesn't ackonowledge someone who can shield you even from their own pain, and keeps moving forward with you, with a smile on his face?

• Hak is a goddamn epic and skilled fighting machine
... which is sexy as hell. He's called the Thunder Beast and is said to possess supernatural strength and skills. He's so freaking badass... and seems to enjoy taking on the challenge and gracefully embraces responsabilities. And he fights with a damn Halberd.............. that's too much for my silly RPGer self, it's too hard not to fangirl him... He can and WILL carry his friends out of a raging battlefield while heavily injured.

TL;DR SUMMARY

Going straight to the point: this character was actually built to be a Husbando.
In resume, Hak could be a cliche hero-bodyguard like in other series, but he's also a hilarious asshole, with a big heart, and a beast as a fighter. I'll save his complexity for the ones that decide to watch the anime or read the manga^^ He's not the white knight in shiny armor type, 'cause he's a transforming force over his SO: was essencial for the weak and spoiled princess to grow into a strong willed and righteous girl. Your SO has to be someone that challenges you and leads you to growth. In spite of how much Hak wants to protect Yona, he's aware of her role in the world and not only accepts her path, but pushes her towards it and heavily participates in her development.

FINAL TEASING

So hope that will spur you to support

03- A BETTER CHANCE FOR YOU GUYS TO BUILD YOUR OWN OPINION:
Ok, so, in the previous round, I tried to provide my own perspective on Hak, which also explains why I nominated him for Best Husbando.
For this one, I decided to share some series moments with you so it stops being an abstract image for you guys and you can build your own. That should help you with your vote not only now but ahead, if we have the chance^^

That also leads to more honest votes and, for better or worse, I prefer it that way. Af caus my perspective will still be there, though, since I'll keep commenting. May the real best one, according to an instructed majority, win!

Again: if there's something in spoiler tags that explicitly warns you about content, then consider if you wanna check it in case you're planning on following the series.

This is one of my fav parts so far^^ What I get from it is that the root of his feelings is some profound admiration of the one he loves. The things he sees in his SO and the person's essence are crystal clear, and due to that his feelings are solid. It remains like that throughout all the series, Hak never seems to have any doubts about what the princess means to him.
Those are great feats in a husbando, someone whose feelings are immutable, who knows you deeply in spite of what you display, who gets dazed by things you didn't even know you had in you, and would love for others to aknowledge your value as well. You think you're just a shadow in his greatness, but in his eyes you're above everything, and that makes you wanna go further.

So, as I said before, Hak is the princess bodyguard. During the series, it's not uncommon for him to get harmed while protecting her. He's often seen as serious, harsh and mocking others, which makes him more interesting and not dull, but you also get a lot of examples of his selfless and concerned nature. I personally believe that before being a great partner one should be a great human being overall, and Hak not only act like that with the princess, but is often sheltering people in battles and providing for the group, he's a role model in his tribe (and also its Chief), no wonder he's so estimated there. If only more people had kind natures... maybe we'd be living different times.

As I said, he can be harsh xD I see that as La Pasión, though :hurr
He's a very manly character for the ones that appreciate it (altho I'm somewhat indifferent to that), but in spite of that, you can see the fire and will in his actions. Being loyal and committed and often reassuring, he's also objective and straightforward if by chance things weren't clear. He'll give his SO space if his feelings aren't reciprocated, but that doesn't mean he'll hide. Another important feat he has: he's determinated, secure, he gets himself out there, and also mature and sensible enough not to press on, if it's not the place. He stated it many times: he wants his SO to be happy, and that sufices.

So yeah, Hak abnegated a lot of things for Yona - titles, his homeland, safety and stability - but he claims he's home and free due to being by her side - not even with her, since they're not together. The way be gets torn between fearing about something bad happening to her and yearning for her to fight and strive and grow is also beautiful...

In a world where everything is so fickle... and relationships are so ephemeral, to the point that love doesn't even look like a bless or something lucky anymore, but utopia... I wanna believe people can still have partners like that^^ At least I see a lot of it in mine, and value it, which also makes me feel more certain of what I cherish deeply about my own SO, and what I like to see mirrored in characters I consider to be epic husbandos, like Hak <3

Just some cute fun to end^^

04- WHY I BELIEVE HE'S THE BEST HUSBANDO MATERIAL OUT THERE:
Heeeeere we go, to the reasonable ones ò.ó '-'

Pardon my french @.@

Also, this is an AMA \o/ Bring me your questions or disagreements and I shall reply o/
(about Hak tho, rs)​
05- WHAT GIVES HIM LAYERS AND MAKES HIM AUTHENTIC AND RELATABLE
Erh... I mean, I've been thinking about what else to say about Hak, so I'll just use this "5h part" to describe him a bit more as an individual overall so people can understand him as a character a bit better and see which one they prefer (I got the feeling many are misunderstanding him due to his 'love interest' position). I'll repeat two things I said on the other rounds: 1- this is still a Husbando Wars, and imo that's what should ultimately prevail as the reason behind your vote; 2- deciding which husbando appeals to you the most - if you'd decide you'd be up to endure some situations vastly not accepted in relationships - is still the core of the selection criteria here, since people simply have different tastes and would be attracted to different things, and there's no begging, cute vote requests or death threats over votes that will change that. So after this post (and hopefully by then people also checked the initial chapters or first episode of the series) I won't even insist for people to read me out once more or anything XD I'm open to replying to questions and debating over the characters past it though, in case that helps anyone else. In the end, yes, I'm confident that Hak is better here, based on what I presented about him on the previous posts and on the things the opponent portraits and that I wouldn't have on a partner for me, but fondness is a gray area nevertheless, so saddly I can't try to request people to guide themselves by character merit.

So... First things first: people will hear Akatsuki no Yona is a shoujo and go "meh, so of course we have the typical Husbando material here, the main audience of AnY is female and shoujos are about romance". On one hand, shoujo isn't my cup of tea. So no, I can't compare AnY to other series to pinpoint what it holds as unique. I also can't go too far saying that Hak isn't typical, since I lack basis for comparison here (although I trust the opinion of other people in this matter), but he's certainly not the good boy your parents would love to meet, if that was the case 'against' him ('cause who wouldn't like those as well?). He's more like the guy your parents would go " D: " about, thinking "what is my daughter/son doing with the likes of him", 'cause he presents himself as a serious, aloof, obnoxious and carefree person, until his stance on things that matter - and due to that his core - is revealed. I said in a post before: he's not a prince charming. I called him a transforming force, 'cause he's provocative, sassy, as if he can't behave and would embarrass you among people with his demeanor (emphasis on the "would"), and even though he'd want to protect you he won't settle down and let you have things easily, he'll drag you out there and push you, through hardships and pain, so you can flourish and conquer your goals. If Yona is a shoujo and shoujos are about love, allow me to make an uneducated guess that not many will revolve around tough love like AnY.

Hak isn't a brute though, nor insensitive and unable to take people's feelings into consideration, but I wanted to desconstruct this "shoujo good boy" image a bit. Also, the majority following this event is male, so in spite of your preferences I wanna see if I can get you to relate to him a bit. You see, although it's a shoujo, Yona is not trying to find love in the series, but rather to forget her first one, so there isn't much space at first for Hak to fulfill a lover role, and hence why it's easy for people to discover his personality right in the start. Hak is the leftover: an orphan that doesn't seem to know the first thing about his parents, a servant that in spite of being a general always saw himself as bellow the ones he grew up with, and in love with a friend that always saw him as a brat and held feelings for someone else, who is also a dear person to him. That's a big part of what shapes him, instead of the love interest part. So he's a quiet and grumpy person, that entertains himself by mocking people, gets petty over being recognized and have little patience with feelings complications. He's the every day guy in that sense, and sometimes won't get what the hell is going on in Yona's head and just get tired of it, leaving the drama for another time; sometimes will get territorial over having someone else "deemed less worthy" investing on her and sometimes will request to have some appreciation in return as well. Again, he's not portraited as a prince charming, but just like a human being that gets to experience abandonment and one sided love.

His acid humor is one of his best assets to me. He's godamn funny, not worried about if people will get his words wrong or heavily. He mocks the princess inteligence if he thinks she's acting stupid, he mocks a defeated adversary if he thinks he got it coming, he pesters the friends he has some competitions with and nicknames people, he exposes any ridiculous situation with a witty joke and a laughter. The man loves to tease. He's shameless and too straightforward, which sometimes cause him to be unintentionally funny as well. I personally love people with a casual and smart sense of humor, or the smartass type (won't even mention my fangirl-isms over certain people here and my own bf being a jerk in that sense as well - can't help but to see this Hak parallel with him @.@~ ) and I guess that's up to taste as well. But yeah, if you'd have someone like Hak by your side, you'd be up for a fun ride.

And, cutting off the "I only care about the substance" bs a bit, Hak is just awesome to watch. He's good looking, and the black haired, colored skinned with light eyes appeals to me (and I bet that to many others, the Adriana Lima recipe works quite well, she's a good personification of those traits). I admit there's nothing husbando-like about him fighting, but it's damn cool. Making a long spear with wide blade dance all over the blattle field, keeping up with and at times overcoming warriors that are said to have legendary strengh and skills. In reality he'll use whatever weapon is at hand - specially other blades and bows as well - eat some arrows, take big falls, get away with some broken ribs, but say nothing if in the end he got to win and, well, keep people safe. With the title of Thunder Beast, cause of his speed, I love it when he gets called Raijū *-*~ Well, gotta love some sexy badass-ness.

Hak is also "too much of a guy to me", though, in the sense that he supports battle as a necessary evil. He doesn't believe in a world without fights and calls it utopia, which I don't see as him justifying violent ways, but yeah, he won't hold back from harming others when he believes there's no other way out and is for a greater good. It's not his first plan, to eliminate the foes, you can see he uses the wooden stick of the spear to attack most of the time, but he won't refrain from doing so either. He defends that, at least for his universe, weapons and blood spilling are imperative - although he also says he'd gladly follow a leader that has a different view on how things could be (King Il), 'cause he sees peace as something beautiful.

His decisions demonstrate that in spite of his childish and playful behaviour at times, he's a mature guy that will discuss and present things objectively, when the moment asks for it. It's not uncommon for characters in those series to make life-death decisions, sometimes affecting nations, so I won't have this as a big highlight though, but I think it's worth mentioning. Another thing that I believe that speaks for his maturity and that should be easy for some people to relate to as well is that he won't mind to get out of his way to follow someone else's view if there's a margin for his own to be wrong, or if he believes more people would have more to gain with the other person's perspective. Hak is rough, but reasonable and flexible.

Fiiiiiinally, 'cause this is going the TL DR road again and I alrdy lost 2h of my sleep time with this post lmao, Hak has many of the things people mentioned as advantages of other characters: he can provide, will hunt and harvest; he can cook, not as well, taste-wise, as a companion of his but he can feed people nicely for sure; he can fund, being in charge of meeting merchants and applying the groups resources on the weapons and tools they need; he can manage, organizing the group, making calls and negotiations. And on a final note, the guy I mentioned in my second paragraph that was the one portraited as the perfect consort at first, and the princess first love (Su-Won), has Hak as his goal, the final milestone to achieve <3
I hope those points speak for his qualities in spite of being mostly presented as flaws o/

Once again, pardon my french. It's the middle of the night here, typing tired and in the dark is hard (<- will use that to excuse my ignorance and that I just can't be arsed to use google translator now as well). Wondering how many will read all of that shit anyway XD~
If anyone cares much about images, I can spam some cool stuff later^^
Later, freaks.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

➡Personality ⬅

[Cb] ➡ Background ⬅

➡ Relationships⬅

Ginoza Nibuchuka

Akane Tsunemori

Mitsuru Sasayama

Tomomi Masaoka

Japan .

Kagari

Joji Saiga

Education

♦Weakness - "Kindness."

You deserve more upvotes for the sheer amount of time you must have spent on this.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
You deserve more upvotes for the sheer amount of time you must have spent on this.
Thanks.But i took the first quote from wiki.

And some of the images and few points from different sites.

And added my view points also.

So ultimately it took me 24 mins approx (shorter than i thought it would take all total).

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Arjuna Brooo :zomg That post was amazing! Thanks man! :hi5

The finals are here already! Lets do our best @Farfalla !
Though Im afraid there's a "Hak train" this time around so I expect a huge number of instavotes. :nomoar

Please everyone, Im sure Hak is good husbando material (he wouldn't be here if he wasn't), just dont discard Kogami for that, both deserve to win for their own qualities and traits.
So please, take Kogami into account and choose when you are sure. :thumbs

My previous campaigning posts are here (1) and here (2) :cheerbunny Please take them a look to get some insight on Kogami's character and his relationship with Akane.

"I believe we will meet again. Not as Inspector and Enforcer, but as regular people"

Kogami for Best Husbando!!
:confetti:confetti:confetti

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
The finals are here already! Lets do our best @Farfalla !
Roger \o/ I'm positive we will.

Tbh at this point I'm struggling to find more things to tell about, 'cause we've been making so many chapters on those characters we could get HBO to ditch Martin for us...

I'll write an epilogue tonight^^ but I'd also like to bring back the AMA ('ask me anything') proposal to solve doubts or curiosity on wtv might still be bugging/intriguing the voters about Son Hak o/

Last edited:

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This leaves me conflicted. I like both characters and I supported both in most if not all their rounds. Like both the nominators too, and they made some great campaign posts.

@Linali who are you voting? You should be in the same boat as me here since you know and like both of them.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This leaves me conflicted. I like both characters and I supported both in most if not all their rounds. Like both the nominators too, and they made some great campaign posts.

@Linali who are you voting? You should be in the same boat as me here since you know and like both of them.
I am in the same boat as you indeed :D
Well, I was hoping for both to advance to the finals and I was wondering, who will I vote for, if they manage to do it. It breaks my heart, because I like them both, but in the end I chose Kogami. I'm sorry Farf, but knowing Hak's attachment to Yona, Akane seems to be much easier opponent to win husbando's heart :p
Jk, Hak seems to be a romantic for me, someone, who would bring you a star from the sky if you say a word, while Kogami gives me vibes of someone, with whom one can create more "buddies/soulmates" relationship, and personally, I prefer the latter. And he showed he like to read (maybe not Makishima's level, but still he can quote famous writers on the spot, so we can call him a bookworm), it's always + in my eyes, so even though he's a heavy smoker (awful addiction, even if he looks cool with the cigarette in the mouth), I chose him.
Anyway, good luck to both, I'll be happy with whichever's win :whoabunny

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I am in the same boat as you indeed :D
Well, I was hoping for both to advance to the finals and I was wondering, who will I vote for, if they manage to do it. It breaks my heart, because I like them both, but in the end I chose Kogami. I'm sorry Farf, but knowing Hak's attachment to Yona, Akane seems to be much easier opponent to win husbando's heart :p
Jk, Hak seems to be a romantic for me, someone, who would bring you a star from the sky if you say a word, while Kogami gives me vibes of someone, with whom one can create more "buddies/soulmates" relationship, and personally, I prefer the latter. And he showed he like to read (maybe not Makishima's level, but still he can quote famous writers on the spot, so we can call him a bookworm), it's always + in my eyes, so even though he's a heavy smoker (awful addiction, even if he looks cool with the cigarette in the mouth), I chose him.
Anyway, good luck to both, I'll be happy with whichever's win :whoabunny
Nooo problemo, it's a final, people's taste will get in my way inevitably XD It gets harder and harder to promote my guy as the best over the other.
(although I still believe in that ò.ó and Hak also fits perfectly in the buddy/soulmate concept imo^^ )

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow... 'cause I'm super milking my brain at this point.
Next campaign topic is:

HAK IS FOR EVERYONE!

If you're crazy about the epic badass type... THEN HERE'S SOME HAK!

If you're just some weirdo looking for the hot pics... THEN HERE'S SOME HAK AS WELL!

Or... if you're actually into Kogami '-' Don't worry! HERE'S SOME HAK FOR YOUR PROBLEMATIC CASE AS WELL!

If you're still in doubt, first go read the materials me and Lambu provided! XD And if you have alrdy, then consider voting for this tired and about-to-go-demented-over-those-campaigns soul ^_~v Ooooooor just 'cause I'm female and ladies first, Lambu ç.ç!​

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
These posters.... :XD
At first, I'm favoring Kogami a lot but now it's pretty even.

I guess there's one way to settle my vote. Do another question \o/
But I'll send it tonight... so stay tuned for it. :cheerbunny

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Nooo problemo, it's a final, people's taste will get in my way inevitably XD It gets harder and harder to promote my guy as the best over the other.
(although I still believe in that ò.ó and Hak also fits perfectly in the buddy/soulmate concept imo^^ )
I don't disagree with that, my opinion is solely based on what I see in the series and how I feel about it. Akatsuki no Yona is shojo, so relationship between Yona and Hak is portrayed in very romantic way, while in Psycho-Pass there's no place for romance, Kogami is more like mentor than potential lover for Akane, that leaves more space for my imagination ;) But I admit, that I love the playful side of Hak, his little quarrels with Yona never failed to make me smile, especially at the beginning of the series, so maybe he can be buddy-buddy with a girlfriend too, just not necessarily with Yona :D

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Son Hak is a gentleman who would be an ideal husband but Kogami is a bad buy who would never disappoint in the bedroom :sad Why is this so hard????

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fear not, Reebi-tan, Hak has demonstrate many times that he can be rough as well :hurr
That is true. Yona seems like the type to just lie there so he would do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.