Final - Son Hak vs. Kogami Shinya | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Son Hak vs. Kogami Shinya

Who wins?

• Son Hak

• Kogami Shinya

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
These posters.... :XD
At first, I'm favoring Kogami a lot but now it's pretty even.

I guess there's one way to settle my vote. Do another question \o/
But I'll send it tonight... so stay tuned for it. :cheerbunny
Question time! \o/

Or... if you're actually into Kogami '-' Don't worry! HERE'S SOME HAK FOR YOUR PROBLEMATIC CASE AS WELL!

Wait... Hak is a psycho?? :gwah
Jk :p Nice posters you made there!

Though...
If you're still in doubt, first go read the materials me and Lambu provided! XD And if you have alrdy, then consider voting for this tired and about-to-go-demented-over-those-campaigns soul ^_~v Ooooooor just 'cause I'm female and ladies first, Lambu ç.ç!
:notamused

T-Thats just sexist :emocat

Anyway @Reebi here's some sexier pics of Kogami for you and the female readers :fan

Waitwait... @Elusia dont you dare go beyond this point! I swore to protect your innocence and I will do it, so no spoiler opening for you, just dont, its better that way. :oh

:nosebleed :x3

Enough pics, I will make a final talk/reflexion about Kogami soon. :verily

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Question time! \o/

Wait... Hak is a psycho?? :gwah
Jk :p Nice posters you made there!

Though...

:notamused

T-Thats just sexist :emocat

Anyway @Reebi here's some sexier pics of Kogami for you and the female readers :fan

Waitwait... @Elusia dont you dare go beyond this point! I swore to protect your innocence and I will do it, so no spoiler opening for you, just dont, its better that way. :oh

:nosebleed :x3

Enough pics, I will make a final talk/reflexion about Kogami soon. :verily
You got my vote. I have a thing for a man I can’t tame. :redface

But Hak reminds me of Tamahome....
:crying
Oh well, drool worthy police ftw
:police

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Decided to go with Hak. While it pains me to be against Lambu, for the first time in all these events even(Holo/Koe no katachi #NeverForget), I believe Hak to be the better husband out of the two and that he should win this.

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I was planning on leaving MH again, but only if Son Hak wins. :3c

Help Lala out, get rid of me. :derp

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
So you DO still like me! :derp
"Like" is such a wide word, I'll take it '-'
I have but one pic to make you vote for the right one:

@Farfalla You better not forget the money '-'
Omg in the past you guys would give liberty statues for friendship, now a single vote costs money... What has France become D: !
:hug my currency is $GC (guava cookies), lucky day, Dorky ^_^
And here I fool am doing it for free :nah
And some points '-'

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
These posters.... :XD
At first, I'm favoring Kogami a lot but now it's pretty even.

I guess there's one way to settle my vote. Do another question \o/
But I'll send it tonight... so stay tuned for it. :cheerbunny
Did I say tonight....?
Erm, I mean..... morning. My bad :XD

Anyways, just to clarify for me....

What is their relationship with their waifu?

But I don't want to see the "he's kind to her unlike some people", "he's protective of her" or "he doesn't want her to leave him" kind of answers. I want to know what their relationship is like, what benefits they have being together and what hardships they have when apart to see if a husbando truly loves his waifu and therefore, has the best qualities of being the best. Major plus if this relationship isn't one-sided and the waifu doesn't take his kindness for granted.

I don't mind if either a nominee or a supporter answers. :cheerbunny

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Elu, you love some essays, lmao xD

I'll try to avoid adjectives and labels so you can evaluate things yourself (it's impossible not to use them here and there though).

So, first things first:
Hak is in love with Yona since forever, they're childhood friends. They were also close to another boy called Su-Won, Yona's cousin. The three of them grew up together, they would spend all their time as a group whenever Hak and Su-Won would visit the castle, specially after Yona's mom was murdered. They built a strong bond, loved spending time together and, as kids, made a promise to keep those good days like that. Yona had feelings for Su-Won, though, who she always saw as kind and sweet person (Hak used to pester her, he's the troll and blunt kind). Hak became the princess's bodyguard, as a request from the king (he was the Wind Tribe general and leader by then, their main warrior). Yona wanted to marry Su-Won...
... until Su-Won betrayed them and murdered the king, Yona's father, to rule Kouka Kingdom and other spicy things I'd prefer you'd check yourself^^ He also tried to have Yona assassinated, who witness the whole thing, so Hak stood up to defend her when he heard about what happened, and took her away.

So, at first, they were kids that would visit each other and then spend their whole time together whenever they could. Then, with what happened, Hak took her to escape the castle. They wandered around for some time, and since she was in shock and wouldn't do much but to be carried around, he took Yona to his Tribe (Hak is the adopted son of the Wind Tribe leader, Mun-Deok). Before that, I think it's important to mention that Hak noticed Yona was attached to a hair pin Su-Won gave her, and it was one of the few things she would react to, so he concealed it, forcing her to go around in its search, so she would make any move, to leave her inertia. He gave the pin back to her after she started to walk and talk again, but ended up bitten by a viper while following her in the forest, to accompany her.

In the Wind Tribe, he heard he was being accused of murdering the king and the princess, and that the Fire Tribe was searching for him. He gave Yona a new identity, since there was a hunt for them and he didn't want to expose his tribe to a war as well. He was planning on leaving Yona at the tribe's care, to remain there as a regular person until further notice. He informed Mun-Deok he was giving him back the titles, that the tribe should protect Yona and he would flee so they wouldn't get involved. Buuuut, Yona wouldn't have things that way, she intercepted Hak and said she'd go with him.

After that, they've been on the run. More things happen for them to remain on the lose, while contacting people, but if I'd say more I'd spoil a lot of core things regardind the story. They've been together most of the time now, since the situation requires that. Hak ended up teaching her how to use a bow and gave her a sword, even though both the king and him never wanted Yona to fight (but, again, the situation and Yona herself requested those). Hak dreams of restoring Yona's place as the kingdom princess, and having people acknowledging her, but recognizes the importance of having Yona exposed to the things the king held away from her: about how miserable a lot people in the kindgom are, and how poverty ravages the tribes, in spite of the lack of wars (her dad was a pacifist living an utopia). He endures having Yona exposed to dangers, anguish, the suffering of facing a reality check non-stop, fight her battles and literally serves as a human shield, and still follows her decisions even when he fears for her or after advising otherwise. I said in another post, that's not due to being submissive, in spite of being a servant, but he believes in the king's ideal, and above all, in Yona's material, he sees her as an extraordinay person that could heal the kingdom.

The relationship is one-sided at first, yeah. Yona declared to be in love with Su-Won initially, and that she wanted to marry him, which her dad forbade. During their adventure a lot of things happen though, she begins to feel awkward and confused around Hak, and we all know what that's a sign of. Hak also didn't tell her about his feelings at first, and was often confused himself (although we could clearly say he was in love, he would just question why he acted some ways around the princess and why she would cause him to feel so all over the place). Recently, many things happened in the series between the 2 of them though (a part of it in the chapters @syx mentioned, 151 and 152). It's not a one-sided thing, and I'm super fond of how it developed. It's not a childish love that came for granted and took place, it's something that grew strong, over experience, over knowledge about each other, and the deep sense of appreciation. Both characters are free, Yona to live up to her position and duty, Hak to protect and command his tribe, they remain together 'cause they want to, and they make it work and meet their aspirations and dreams. A lot of people gets involved and is permanently with them, so their feelings aren't the priority there, they chase their goals together and with a group, for a greater cause. Loving and caring about each other becomes a weapon that aids them in the background (or not, at times, it's a double edge-sword, but definitely a driver as well).

If you wanna know better what happened between them that made the relationship a two-way street and don't mind the spoilers, PM me^^

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My biggest fear has finally become reality.

It's not the fact that Hak - whom I don't know, but started to like due to Faffs campaign - is up against one of the coolest dudes in Psycha-Pass, Kogami-san... No...

It's also not the fact that two precious girls to me, Faffs and Lambu, are fighting it out with each other. No...

My biggest fear was that I will be tagged here one way or the other while I tried so hard to conceal my presence.

(a part of it in the chapters @syx mentioned, 151 and 152).
What Faffs really meant:

This is my reaction whenever I enter this thread:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Decided to go with Hak. While it pains me to be against Lambu, for the first time in all these events even(Holo/Koe no katachi #NeverForget), I believe Hak to be the better husband out of the two and that he should win this.
Its alright :gent Im sure Son Hak is a pretty good choice aswell, actually its hard to throw salt on both husbandos since they are really good in their own ways so its all determined by "feeling": Hak... Kogami?....... Kogami... Hak? :faint

My biggest fear has finally become reality.

It's not the fact that Hak - whom I don't know, but started to like due to Faffs campaign - is up against one of the coolest dudes in Psycha-Pass, Kogami-san... No...

It's also not the fact that two precious girls to me, Faffs and Lambu, are fighting it out with each other. No...

My biggest fear was that I will be tagged here one way or the other while I tried so hard to conceal my presence.

What Faffs really meant:

This is my reaction whenever I enter this thread:
Please choose wisely, last Waifu Wars your vote was decisive. :emocat

What is their relationship with their waifu?

But I don't want to see the "he's kind to her unlike some people", "he's protective of her" or "he doesn't want her to leave him" kind of answers. I want to know what their relationship is like, what benefits they have being together and what hardships they have when apart to see if a husbando truly loves his waifu and therefore, has the best qualities of being the best. Major plus if this relationship isn't one-sided and the waifu doesn't take his kindness for granted.
Well, as @Linali said, Psycho-Pass is not a Romance manga like Akatsuki no Yona is so when talking about romantic feats towards his loved one, Hak has the upper hand... by a wide margin.
As you can see in Farf's post above: Hak's purpose is to protect Yona and is deeply in love with her, that is a huge contrast with other characters that have a different purpose or, in this case, focus like Kogami: He wants to protect people by enforcing the law and get revenge on his friend's killer.

Akane's relationship with Kogami is that of co-workers, they keep an eye on each other backs but at first they are together solely for work, this is a huge contrast with the "They are together since they were little" that Hak and Yona have as background.
Still, even if Akane is the inspector and Kogami the "helper", he is the one who teaches her how to become a great detective. The teaching mechanic between the two creates an atmosphere of mutual respect and admiration, this also creating amazing chemistry.

"With a boss like you, I might be able to work as a detective, not just a dog"
I love this pic, I can't help it >_<

I said it in previous campaigning posts, Kogami is not your charming prince that will only live for you, the story and its setting makes him an independent guy with his own goals and life, but that doesn't make him care less for the people that surround him, its the opposite, he doesn't want to lose anyone anymore.
One can easily tell he likes to be by Akane's side and enjoys their time together, he wants to know more of her and she wants the same with him, their bond grows as the series progresses and they become the best duo that complement each other, as equals. :blush

I hope I answered your question. :)

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Hak's purpose is to protect Yona and is deeply in love with her,
That's twisted and not what I said! XD Hak sees Yona as critical for the Kingdom and has his tribe in high account as well, his goal was never something simple as keeping a treasured girl he likes safe D: there's a way bigger background with a while nation on the weight basing their moves.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And lmao syxina, sry. Honestly, vote with your own damn opinion xD please. I don't want you to feel forced to follow someone at all ^^' If in spite of my campaigns you still prefer Kogami as a Husbando cause you know him better compared to Hak, then go for it. I just ask you to be coherent with the event's purpose and avoid the "ifs" here about what the nominees could be, I think you got enough knowledge about Hak to vote for either side even if you didn't know him before o/

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
So, when are you gonna mention that Kogami just leaves and never comes back @Lambu ? :rolleyes:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So, when are you gonna mention that Kogami just leaves and never comes back @Lambu ? :rolleyes:
I already did, in this post (in spoiler tag of course...).
Its a shame that they would never be together due to the circumstances, it was either stay in the MWPSB or stop Makishima once and for all, if Sybil got its hands on Makishima it would be over.

It was great to see Kogami in the film though, he wants to meet with Akane again ;-;

That's twisted and not what I said! XD Hak sees Yona as critical for the Kingdom and has his tribe in high account as well, his goal was never something simple as keeping a treasured girl he likes safe D: there's a way bigger background with a while nation on the weight basing their moves.
Uh, I didnt twist anything. :darn
Hak is the princesse's bodyguard isn't he? Its also clearly stated he wants to protect her at all cost not solely to fulfill his duty but because he wants to do it (cause he's in love with her), in one of your campaigns you even said he told Yona "Use me as a weapon", his purpose in the story seems pretty much to be to keep Yona safe at all cost.

I never said thats a bad thing by the way, its sweet, I just wanted to point out theres a big difference in the context of Hak's relationship with Yona and Kogami's with Akane. :hi

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
This is a nice final match up. The campaigns are great. I voted for Hak but good luck to both of you :D

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Uh, I didnt twist anything. :darn
Hak is the princesse's bodyguard isn't he? Its also clearly stated he wants to protect her at all cost not solely to fulfill his duty but because he wants to do it (cause he's in love with her), in one of your campaigns you even said he told Yona "Use me as a weapon", his purpose in the story seems pretty much to be to keep Yona safe at all cost.
Yeah, 'cause she means much more^^' not only to him. It all fits, including the weapon part, since a weapon is a mean, not a goal.
It's what I said to Elu, it's easier to see it once you progress a bit more in the story xD

But I see your point, I got caught up in that part and overlooked the comparison purpose o/

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This is a nice final match up. The campaigns are great. I voted for Hak but good luck to both of you :D
Thanks my old rival :emocat

Also yeah, this thread is surprisingly pacific, quite different to the salt bath of the Waifu Wars.
That final... :lmao

Yeah, 'cause she means much more^^' not only to him. It all fits, including the weapon part, since a weapon is a mean, not a goal.
It's what I said to Elu, it's easier to see it once you progress a bit more in the story xD

But I see your point, I got caught up in that part and overlooked the comparison purpose o/
Well thats the impression I got from reading the first 5 chapters, if I read more I may change my opinion. :nod

Status
Not open for further replies.