Semifinal - Son Hak vs. Marian Cross | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Son Hak vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Son Hak

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
:blink wow now this is seriously a war!!! :p

Come on guys! Here you go, somw herbal tea and sweet stuff to refill your energy.

Oh nice ♥
hope you re not a messenger sent by mom chan to poison me !? :errr
Boy, can you confirm your allegiance 1st ?

So seems im still alive
thxs for the tea and the cakes ♥

Sate, lets talk about business ♥ @Lomahongva :arf

Who s your chosen Husbando ? be wise, choose carefully :zomg ♥ ?

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hah... I could smell so much salt in the room. Then I realized the window is closed so its not the sea, its this thread! :zomg

Glorious :mono

@Lambu considering what you re saying, you havent obviously read anything i wrote, why asking for more campaign if you dont even care of what im saying, :feelsbadmanif you expect salt, you re in the wrong thread, im not salty

But you re right on the charisma point, Marian is way more charismatic and attractive than Hak ♥ but my campaign is not primarily based on his appearance.

Uhm not really, I did my own research on Marian and he's not as great as you describe it. :heh

Sure theres plenty of misconception about him, mainly due to his anime protrayal, but he's not that much of a family type of guy, and much less a person you can trust...

As for how attractive he is its a matter of taste (maybe theres people who like Hak's physic better) though I agree Cross looks more charismatic.

I've got to read those two chapters of Yona first, that series never got my attention but I'll give it a try.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hah... I could smell so much salt in the room. Then I realized the window is closed so its not the sea, its this thread! :zomg

Uhm not really, I did my own research on Marian and he's not as great as you describe it. :heh

Sure theres plenty of misconception about him, mainly due to his anime protrayal, but he's not that much of a family type of guy, and much less a person you can trust...

As for how attractive he is its a matter of taste (maybe theres people who like Hak's physic better) though I agree Cross looks more charismatic.

I've got to read those two chapters of Yona first, that series never got my attention but I'll give it a try.
Alternatively you could also watch the first anime episode. Probably takes longer than reading the 2 manga chapters, but hey it's also an option. A Hak with color + voice :blush
He's a very top tier husbando, losing out only to a few even greater ones not nominated here.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
:blink wow now this is seriously a war!!! :p

Come on guys! Here you go, somw herbal tea and sweet stuff to refill your energy.

I want some sweets too \o/
This match is already one of my favorites to watch :popcorn

I already know who I'll vote for, but I'll be fair. So I'll give you guys plenty of time to campaign some more.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Lambu well you know i know very well what s you re trying to do here, according to what you re saying, to me, it seems obvious you ve already chosen who to vote for, fine imo, but "the whole marian is not good enough", are just lame excuses, thats how are many people often acting, when they try to be nice and to do as if they tried, while everything is already settled,
so ofc better ignore my campaign to justify what you re going to tell, and ofc yeah you read farf one and you will even read the 2 chapters, not bc yopu care about akatsuki thing but as an excuse because you already decide who to vote anyway :s . who even cares about campaigns, friendsip is magic !

Just saying, if you want to get a chance to win, next round you should be more strategical :snidely and vote for the less supported candidate (aka marian)

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I want some sweets too \o/
This match is already one of my favorites to watch :popcorn

I already know who I'll vote for, but I'll be fair. So I'll give you guys plenty of time to campaign some more.
I know too who re you re going to vote :emocat

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh nice ♥
hope you re not a messenger sent by mom chan to poison me !? :errr
Boy, can you confirm your allegiance 1st ?

So seems im still alive
thxs for the tea and the cakes ♥

Sate, lets talk about business ♥ @Lomahongva :arf

Who s your chosen Husbando ? be wise, choose carefully :zomg ♥ ?

But... but @Erinyes!!! :( I have nothing to do with your mommy! I was just being nice to you all.

Next, I'm a girl :hmph and although I do not post often, I think you should've already seen my previous sig (one sig before this one). So, you should be fully aware who I'm probably voting for.

Sorry, two sigs before.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@Lambu well you know i know very well what s you re trying to do here, according to what you re saying, to me, it seems obvious you ve already chosen who to vote for, fine imo, but "the whole marian is not good enough", are just lame excuses, thats how are many people often acting, when they try to be nice and to do as if they tried, while everything is already settled,
so ofc better ignore my campaign to justify what you re going to tell, and ofc yeah you read farf one and you will even read the 2 chapters, not bc yopu care about akatsuki thing but as an excuse because you already decide who to vote anyway :s . who even cares about campaigns, friendsip is magic !

Just saying, if you want to get a chance to win, next round you should be more strategical :snidely and vote for the less supported candidate (aka marian)

I know too who re you re going to vote :emocat
Have faith, Erin-san. At least I'm giving both of you guys a chance to win me over. Just do your best, okay? :^_^

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
But... but @Erinyes!!! :( I have nothing to do with your mommy! I was just being nice to you all.

Next, I'm a girl :hmph and although I do not post often, I think you should've already seen my previous sig (one sig before this one). So, you should be fully aware who I'm probably voting for.

But Im just joking :pout sorry though, i didnt know you were a lady
i did eat your lovely cookies, dw ♥

Also i know about your sign, i remember vey well ♥ it makes me really happy he really deserves some recognition :zomg Even if i lose, i would be glad if some people eventually uderstand what kind of guy hes really, even if its a few of them .

Have faith, Erin-san. At least I'm giving both of you guys a chance to win me over. Just do your best, okay? :^_^

dw Elu-chan, you re free to vote anyone who convince you the most, ofc i would be happy if its Marian, but in any case its just a game ♥ thxs for being so sweet even in a war !

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
But Im just joking :pout sorry though, i didnt know you were a lady
i did eat your lovely cookies, dw ♥
Oh @Erin-chan! I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Me too, I was also joking!

C'm on this is for you!

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pardon me, I will take a cup of tea and some sweets also. Thank you.

Ah, what a nice way to enjoy this battle.
Which manga is this character from?

Indeed I’m lovin the salt all the lovely salt it taste so good. I only watched the Yona anime but I the greatness that is Hak.

TL;DR: Voted Son Hak. Do the same.
Already did. @Erinyes sorry for my betrayal.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Which manga is this character from?

Indeed I’m lovin the salt all the lovely salt it taste so good. I only watched the Yona anime but I the greatness that is Hak.

Already did. @Erinyes sorry for my betrayal.
Everyone keeps betraying me...

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Erh... I mean, I've been thinking about what else to say about Hak, so I'll just use this "5h part" to describe him a bit more as an individual overall so people can understand him as a character a bit better and see which one they prefer (I got the feeling many are misunderstanding him due to his 'love interest' position). I'll repeat two things I said on the other rounds: 1- this is still a Husbando Wars, and imo that's what should ultimately prevail as the reason behind your vote; 2- deciding which husbando appeals to you the most - if you'd decide you'd be up to endure some situations vastly not accepted in relationships - is still the core of the selection criteria here, since people simply have different tastes and would be attracted to different things, and there's no begging, cute vote requests or death threats over votes that will change that. So after this post (and hopefully by then people also checked the initial chapters or first episode of the series) I won't even insist for people to read me out once more or anything XD I'm open to replying to questions and debating over the characters past it though, in case that helps anyone else. In the end, yes, I'm confident that Hak is better here, based on what I presented about him on the previous posts and on the things the opponent portraits and that I wouldn't have on a partner for me, but fondness is a gray area nevertheless, so saddly I can't try to request people to guide themselves by character merit.

So... First things first: people will hear Akatsuki no Yona is a shoujo and go "meh, so of course we have the typical Husbando material here, the main audience of AnY is female and shoujos are about romance". On one hand, shoujo isn't my cup of tea. So no, I can't compare AnY to other series to pinpoint what it holds as unique. I also can't go too far saying that Hak isn't typical, since I lack basis for comparison here (although I trust the opinion of other people in this matter), but he's certainly not the good boy your parents would love to meet, if that was the case 'against' him ('cause who wouldn't like those as well?). He's more like the guy your parents would go " D: " about, thinking "what is my daughter/son doing with the likes of him", 'cause he presents himself as a serious, aloof, obnoxious and carefree person, until his stance on things that matter - and due to that his core - is revealed. I said in a post before: he's not a prince charming. I called him a transforming force, 'cause he's provocative, sassy, as if he can't behave and would embarrass you among people with his demeanor (emphasis on the "would"), and even though he'd want to protect you he won't settle down and let you have things easily, he'll drag you out there and push you, through hardships and pain, so you can flourish and conquer your goals. If Yona is a shoujo and shoujos are about love, allow me to make an uneducated guess that not many will revolve around tough love like AnY.

Hak isn't a brute though, nor insensitive and unable to take people's feelings into consideration, but I wanted to desconstruct this "shoujo good boy" image a bit. Also, the majority following this event is male, so in spite of your preferences I wanna see if I can get you to relate to him a bit. You see, although it's a shoujo, Yona is not trying to find love in the series, but rather to forget her first one, so there isn't much space at first for Hak to fulfill a lover role, and hence why it's easy for people to discover his personality right in the start. Hak is the leftover: an orphan that doesn't seem to know the first thing about his parents, a servant that in spite of being a general always saw himself as bellow the ones he grew up with, and in love with a friend that always saw him as a brat and held feelings for someone else, who is also a dear person to him. That's a big part of what shapes him, instead of the love interest part. So he's a quiet and grumpy person, that entertains himself by mocking people, gets petty over being recognized and have little patience with feelings complications. He's the every day guy in that sense, and sometimes won't get what the hell is going on in Yona's head and just get tired of it, leaving the drama for another time; sometimes will get territorial over having someone else "deemed less worthy" investing on her and sometimes will request to have some appreciation in return as well. Again, he's not portraited as a prince charming, but just like a human being that gets to experience abandonment and one sided love.

His acid humor is one of his best assets to me. He's godamn funny, not worried about if people will get his words wrong or heavily. He mocks the princess inteligence if he thinks she's acting stupid, he mocks a defeated adversary if he thinks he got it coming, he pesters the friends he has some competitions with and nicknames people, he exposes any ridiculous situation with a witty joke and a laughter. The man loves to tease. He's shameless and too straightforward, which sometimes cause him to be unintentionally funny as well. I personally love people with a casual and smart sense of humor, or the smartass type (won't even mention my fangirl-isms over certain people here and my own bf being a jerk in that sense as well - can't help but to see this Hak parallel with him @.@~ ) and I guess that's up to taste as well. But yeah, if you'd have someone like Hak by your side, you'd be up for a fun ride.

And, cutting off the "I only care about the substance" bs a bit, Hak is just awesome to watch. He's good looking, and the black haired, colored skinned with light eyes appeals to me (and I bet that to many others, the Adriana Lima recipe works quite well, she's a good personification of those traits). I admit there's nothing husbando-like about him fighting, but it's damn cool. Making a long spear with wide blade dance all over the blattle field, keeping up with and at times overcoming warriors that are said to have legendary strengh and skills. In reality he'll use whatever weapon is at hand - specially other blades and bows as well - eat some arrows, take big falls, get away with some broken ribs, but say nothing if in the end he got to win and, well, keep people safe. With the title of Thunder Beast, cause of his speed, I love it when he gets called Raijū *-*~ Well, gotta love some sexy badass-ness.

Hak is also "too much of a guy to me", though, in the sense that he supports battle as a necessary evil. He doesn't believe in a world without fights and calls it utopia, which I don't see as him justifying violent ways, but yeah, he won't hold back from harming others when he believes there's no other way out and is for a greater good. It's not his first plan, to eliminate the foes, you can see he uses the wooden stick of the spear to attack most of the time, but he won't refrain from doing so either. He defends that, at least for his universe, weapons and blood spilling are imperative - although he also says he'd gladly follow a leader that has a different view on how things could be (King Il), 'cause he sees peace as something beautiful.

His decisions demonstrate that in spite of his childish and playful behaviour at times, he's a mature guy that will discuss and present things objectively, when the moment asks for it. It's not uncommon for characters in those series to make life-death decisions, sometimes affecting nations, so I won't have this as a big highlight though, but I think it's worth mentioning. Another thing that I believe that speaks for his maturity and that should be easy for some people to relate to as well is that he won't mind to get out of his way to follow someone else's view if there's a margin for his own to be wrong, or if he believes more people would have more to gain with the other person's perspective. Hak is rough, but reasonable and flexible.

Fiiiiiinally, 'cause this is going the TL DR road again and I alrdy lost 2h of my sleep time with this post lmao, Hak has many of the things people mentioned as advantages of other characters: he can provide, will hunt and harvest; he can cook, not as well, taste-wise, as a companion of his but he can feed people nicely for sure; he can fund, being in charge of meeting merchants and applying the groups resources on the weapons and tools they need; he can manage, organizing the group, making calls and negotiations. And on a final note, the guy I mentioned in my second paragraph that was the one portraited as the perfect consort at first, and the princess first love (Su-Won), has Hak as his goal, the final milestone to achieve <3
I hope those points speak for his qualities in spite of being mostly presented as flaws o/

Once again, pardon my french. It's the middle of the night here, typing tired and in the dark is hard (<- will use that to excuse my ignorance and that I just can't be arsed to use google translator now as well). Wondering how many will read all of that shit anyway XD~

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
No worries, I voted Marian and will vote for him until the end :blush Betraying you isn't even an option :arf
Really !? :zomg you re so adorable, nii-kun !!!

@Arjuna !!!!!!!

Well Hak sounds to be a great man, especially a great warrior. What i get form the campaigns all over is that hes seemingly suffering the perfection "reinharrd" syndrom, which obviously makes him the totally unrealistic kind of husbando. Again perfection is boring what enhances features/qualities of a character or a person are the minor flaws.
So is Hak Husbando material, very likely, no doubt. Is he the best husbando material ? possibly a great one, but likely not the best, 1st he lacks a lot maturity he s just a 18 yr teenager who serves as a body guard to a lady, slighty too young 18yr men are usually not enough mature to handle a family. Protective ? yes he is indeed, he s a martial artist, but even Zoro from OP is protective with ladies, does that makes zoro a good husbando, likely not, so its not a decisive factor.
Oh yeah he is a lot tender, he hugs and kiss her, sugoi ! does it means hes the best husbando around ? well it only means hes in love, being hungry doesnt make you the best cook. Being in love doesnt makes him the best husbando, :errr its just some natural things, theres a huge gap between being in love and being a great husbando. It requires, patence, experience, and a lot of things. theres no experience and facts that shows hak yet as the best husbando material . I dont say he s not husbando material though, he sounds to me an interesting young man who just felt in love for the 1st time with the one he is supposed to protect (so cliché) and who is likely devoted a lot to his job and his princess who even may never be his waifu. Marian though is a proven family figure. Sure you wont see him hugging and kissing a girl, theres no need to show visual affection to be the best husbando material. As i said above theres no way a man who cares a lot a child cant be a great if not the best husbando around.

@Purity of Magi Again huge thxs Magi-chan for the arts ♥ !

Status
Not open for further replies.