Shounen - Soukyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Soukyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Been a while since I have seen a translated chapter. Did Cyan Steam drop it?

Leroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I saw it. Interesting chapter. We got a little bit of Leana's backstory and we got to see another one of Lacile's abilities.

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
Wow, this still exists? xd
Hurray, hope all the missing chapter will be translated as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Alright that was a funny chapter as usual.
I like how lighthearted yet not silly this is.

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Finally an update...

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah a new translation.

Damn Leana really has some nerve.

Leroid

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Ch. 14 is out. Man, these two are so funny.:smile-big
Lacile with his glowing face and Leana calling murderous dogs "puppies".

Fate_Archer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Genosha
Started this a couple days ago. Been sleeping on what Yagi-sensei has been up to ever since Arcadia of the Moonlight. I'm happy the series has been greenlit and has plenty of chapters already. What I'm noticing is that it's under a different publisher, so Yagi and Shueisha parted ways (or at least for the time being). Being the great author that he is, it's no surprise sooner or later he'd find another good venue to pick his idea anyway.

My general impression from what has been translated so far, is that it's a series moved by its proposed Journey and World Building. World building has always been one of my favorite things about Yagi's work in Claymore, but his world building for Ariadne in the Blue Sky is already better in a far more colorful, diversified and very specific way. It's something I was already noticing in Arcadia of the Moonlight, the first couple pages seemed to already have more life than I remember throughout most of Claymore. Remember that scene when Raphaela was thinking how dangerous the wandering of trainee Teresa was when she was already going through escapades from the Org's headquarters? That there were yomas and beasts in the forest she crossed? Where were they in Claymore? I remember some lizards, and there were horses in the island. But the world of Claymore felt barren for most of it, which added to the particular feeling of bleakness. If you were to walk through a mountain range or a forest there, the most positive outcome of traversing the environment would be not running into anything. If you do run into something, it will most likely have a human shape. So if you're lucky, it'll be exactly as it appears (a human), and if you're not, you might be dealing with a disguised yoma, or worst, an Awakened Being. The yomas and awakened beings for the most part were the world building, populating that barren world with humans and Claymores.

It's such a stark contrast and an improvement in that respect, how lively the world of this new series feels. Travelling was mostly done on foot in Claymore (or sprints but lets not think too much), in Ariadne we have these awesome goat-like Holhols. Nimble and suited for travels. One of several of the fauna we see crossing the different environments, and all the places feel brimming with life. Not only animal life, but there's also all different kinds of people being shown and exposed, and different cities. And these mysterious flying empires, which feel like breakaway civilizations. So yeah, these things aren't lost on me, and already set Ariadne apart as far as worldbuilding and exposition goes. It's a huge pull and a driving force moving the story, to see and experience all these new places, new people, new smells (Leana blushing face) and adventures to come.

Characters: Leana and Lacile have potential. This time it's switched a bit and the male character is the one who has superpowers and fills the guardian role, as well as having his body changed to have these powers. I think Lacile will be a good window to touch on the previous wars. Leana is already very likeable, and it'll be interesting to see the world of flying countries and city-states where she belongs, and their state of affairs.

Seems like there is a stack of chapters not translated yet. Hoping things get picked up again. Oh, and that guy who appeared out of nowhere as Lacile said he'd never get beaten? I have a feeling that guy will be super strong, like, Abyssal level foe we're dealing with.

Leroid

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I also like how he searches where he threw Leana and she's stuck to the cealing face first.

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 15 is out.

Love how Lacile is just casually world building while being shot at.
Haha.
Yagi seems to be very ambitious regarding the lore by the way(quite opposite to Claymore which had basically one supernatural element that was derived in all possible forms), I feel like it will be a very long story! Hopefull the translations end up following so we can witness it ourselves. x)

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot that this existed, so any updates?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I heard the manga is ending soon,too bad we didn't get any Edited Manga.

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
Is someone still reading this?
Could finally continue the series with the release of the volumes, just finished volume 2.

This Panel ROFL