Shounen - Sousou no Frieren | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sousou no Frieren

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Finally caught up again with this manga after it feels like an eternity - super curious about the anime. Really hope it's going to turn out good and give this series a well deserved boost. People don't know what they are missing

Quite enjoyed the Macht-arc, probably more than the previous ones. It's interesting to see things more from the demons perspective imo, I definitely like things like that a lot. The series never disappoints in making characters cross paths, in the past and in the present. I like that things are often somewhat connected to each other.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Seiyuus for the rest of the Hero's party.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Macht of El Dorado and his master were amazing characters. Both of them enjoyed interacting with humans. Poor Macht even wanted to coexist with them. But it suddenly made him the enemy of humanity. The explanation was the demon king was like you. It just didn't work for me. The specific relationships between Macht, Gluck, and Denken made it hard to tell the hunter apart from the prey, but Macht was a monster from the beginning to the bitter end. What was the point of his existence if he was not gonna feel those emotions even for a second before his death? He was treated like a mindless beast and was killed like one. But he wasn't like that, was he?

Wasn't he supposed to be just like Frieren in wanting to know about humans? At least he deserved to understand what guilt means right before his death, didn't he?
I don't think Macht's attempt was pointless. In the end he was a Demon, he wasn't really similar to Frieren.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I think he attempted to achieve something everyone else deemed impossible, but as a highly capable being he still had the ambition. Such is life, in comparison - we often have things that are stabilished as facts but we revisit and sometimes review it; nature is far from being fully comprehended and can be surprising.

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Seiyuus for the rest of the Hero's party.

I don't think Macht's attempt was pointless. In the end he was a Demon, he wasn't really similar to Frieren.
OMG HIMMEL IS BAKUGO
WHY JUST WHY
--- Double Post Merged, ---

OMG how am I supposed to watch blue knight Himmel, just how
Please, Okamtoso-san, blow me away

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
OMG Fern looks so blotched :bored
But Madhouse certainly won't let us down... right?
I'm delighted we have the person behind Violet Evergarden's music cast for this anime as well...

I'm mostly unfamiliar with those seyuus, tho since we have Marian Cross' in it, now I can get @Erinyes hooked!
AND GAH IF I ALWAYS HEAR BAKUGO WHENEVER HIMMEL TALKS I'LL SEPPUKU @.@

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This time travel arc is getting more interesting with these new Demons and Solitaar but other than a way to flesh out Himmel's party(which can be done via flashbacks anyway) it's hard for me to see the point of this arc.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Himmel's dream... :scry

Another of these Demons is going to be relevant 100 years later. So in about 20 years I think. Stark and Fern will be in their late thirties.

Himmel is so incredibly cool... :scry

He was sharing the dream with Frieren, which makes this even more painful.

Stark is definitely going to fight Rivale in the future, but I wonder if Eisen will be targeted for a rematch before that.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Flamme is the reason why there are so many "useless" spells. Armee was fun. I think it's the first Warrior we see fighting barehanded.

An assassin out of nowhere... Stark knocked out but I am sure he'll get back up.

I guess Demons have some influence in the capital

glio

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
just binged this... awesome stuff :) one more manga release to wait every weeks.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Ubel and Land are back! Great start for this new arc. A Serie assassination attempt seems indeed crazy.

I have been thinking more about Classes since the time travel arc. What makes Himmel the Hero different from Warriors? I hope we'll get more details about Warriors in this arc and see more of them. Maybe Rivale will appear.

Fern patting Stark's head after Frieren's remark was cute.