Voting Round 3 - Spike Spiegel vs. Shirou Emiya (Parallel Earth) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Spike Spiegel vs. Shirou Emiya (Parallel Earth)

Who wins?

• Spike Spiegel

• Shirou Emiya (Parallel Earth)

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Spike Spiegel
Cowboy Bebop
-

Shirou Emiya (Parallel Earth)
Fate/kaleid Liner PRISMA ILLYA

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Damn another hard fight.

Both are good.

I will give Spike 19 while Shirou 20.

So by a narrow vote Shirou wins.

Reactions: Nii

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm on the Shiro train (until he goes against Mamorou) ! Cho! Cho!

Spike isn't a bad choice and he is a good nomination so good luck @Organizized

Reactions: Nii

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I know none of them, and im sure from what i get so far, both seems great husband material. But my apologies @Brandish as I like a lot your nomination (as usual :zomg ) and i m sure Spike is likely great but I just cant not to vote for Shirou bc Nii 's being an extremely nice person (so you are btw :zomg), i don't want to disappoint him after giving my word (#houseki) also shirou happens to be redhaired so :teehee. Unfortunatelky i know nothing about Fate series and when i try to google sounds too complex as i think same characters are ft different stories, so cant exactly help for campaining except by posting pics :pout.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well what can I say? Shirou just has the package for an awesome husbando. He's badass and will do whatever is necessary to protect those dear to him

But ofc he won't shy away from cooking for you or doing house chores either :blush

And here's a little bonus for the girls, because he has the looks too :bishie

Next time I will give more insight into his character, but by now you should have an idea of his greatness already :p

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh god, niichan vs. Brandish... how am I supposed to vote here?

I don't know Spiegel, but I know Brandish... on the other hand, I know for a fact that Shirou is husbando material...

But whenever I want to vote for Shirou, an image of Brandish shows up in my mind...

I can't betray him... I'm so lost, Brandish...

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh god, niichan vs. Brandish... how am I supposed to vote here?

I don't know Spiegel, but I know Brandish... on the other hand, I know for a fact that Shirou is husbando material...

But whenever I want to vote for Shirou, an image of Brandish shows up in my mind...

I can't betray him... I'm so lost, Brandish...

I know how you feel

Just vote for both ♥ or fore none just support Marian instead

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
now i feel bad for Brandish :s

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shirou emiya wins this round in very close match. He has better qualities.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For those who are undecided or don't know one/both husbando's then hopefully this post makes choosing simpler. I don't know anything about Shirou other than what's been said so far, he seems like a good guy, and different to Spike.

Comparing to the panels niichan put up, Spike and Shirou do share loyalty. I assume Shirou said those things because he truly hopes for that, and wants the girl to know it/feel better, which is admirable in it's own right. Spike, however, won't speak so hopefully. He's not as straightforward either, his presence alone is telling, and if he does open up he'd be honest and realistic. That doesn't make him better, but for me it's more appealing. I'll settle for a draw in the badassery stakes which is pretty damn generous from my side, if I may be so bold. And as for the cleaning and cooking, if that's one of your husbando qualities... Shirou wins that bout easily :lmao

Why did I choose Spike?
For the competition, I had initially considered several options to the point I felt I was overthinking. So I simplified things, which guy do I want most? From that perspective, Spike was most alluring. He's a charismatic, strong character with a dark/sarcastic sense of humour and easy on the eyes, on that alone he can have me. He has a duality of indifference (most of the time) and seriousness (when he needs to be), a mix I find attractive. The great voice acting in the dub brings out that carefree, witty and sexy goodness. He's cool.

I'll make no illusions, Spike isn't an idealistic husbando. His profession, if it matters to you, is a bounty hunter, so there is violence associated with him. He's lazy around the house/ship and he is a smoker if that's a problem. You could say he's more style than substance relative to other nominations, and I wouldn't argue against that too much. He's the Pulp Fiction choice while others are more Forrest Gump. Both great in their own way like the husbando's in this match so it comes down to taste as usual. Is Spike your style? Vote for him please.

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You guys are using pics of Shirou from Fate/stay night for promotion too. Isn't it cheating? :kappa
According to the nomination, @niichan said 'fate series', which should mean any version of him. I think it got narrowed but the original post did say "fate series".

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
According to the nomination, @niichan said 'fate series', which should mean any version of him. I think it got narrowed but the original post did say "fate series".
Shirou is from the Fate series. But the Shirou nominated is the one from the parallel Earth of Fate Prisma Illya. They are not the same person.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow Brandy you're so honest, that's admirable XD I don't know Spike, but him and Shirou seem quite different. He's the honest type of guy, almost to a fault. He has his fair share of problems too, being torn between an idealistic wish (saving everyone) and focusing on something more real and egoistic (putting specific people before the greater good).

The Shirou I nominated decided on the latter and had to pay for it, as you might can see with his scars. So in that sense he's willing and capable to put others way before himself, which is a quality on one side, but can ofc be something negative. In terms of being a husbando I say it's a good quality, you can be sure that he won't ever betray you or put you in a bad spot for egoistical reasons. He lacks that snarky attitude if that's what people prefer and he tends to view people in a better light bc he's a trustworthy person in general, but that doesn't prevent him from doing what's necessary (meaning not so nice things) if the situation demands it.

So personally I feel he's a great combination of a kind guy and someone who's willing to get his hands dirty if necessary. Not to mention he's a real badass once he gets serious, so I couldn't really ask for much more, personally. But ofc, like always, it's a matter of what type of guy you prefer :nod

You guys are using pics of Shirou from Fate/stay night for promotion too. Isn't it cheating? :kappa
I didn't, what others do isn't my responsibility :p

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@Brandish, I hope you that one day... you can forgive me. If not, I can fully understand you. :pout

I voted for Kaleid Shirou. He is one of my favorite Fate characters, my favorite character in the Kaleid series. He has all the qualities to make an awesome husbando. I also want to note that I fully trust in Brandish's campaign, I really do, but it would be unfair to vote against a character I know very well and deem worthy enough to win this event. Dunno if I ever felt so miserable in a MH event.

Status
Not open for further replies.