Light Novel - Sword Art Online by Kawahara Reki | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Sword Art Online by Kawahara Reki

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

wizzard

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Did you mean those events in that cave with high level monsters (I don't remember the name now). It's a nice moment, but not that important for the sake of the plot. If I had to cut something to make the anime more compact, I would cut this part, too.

Almost finishing volume 7 and I have to say that only this volume could be a great movie. The best volume in SAO until now IMO.
I hope that they do this after GGO, although it is a crazy idea regarding anime market and its peculiarities.
Vol 7 was the best thing I've read in my life so far. Cried my eyes out.

finished 10th vol a while back. Waiting for the end of that Arc to come out before actually catch up ... (I hate waiting..)

Last edited:

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Vol 7 was the best thing I've read in my life so far. Cried my eyes out.

finished 11th vol a while back. Waiting for the end of that Arc to come out before actually catch up ... (I hate waiting..)
Indeed. Kawahara Reki was very inspired when he wrote this one. I was quite curious at first because it would be focused on Asuna, who hadn't been developed as well as Kirito even though they are MCs in the same degree. However, it reached a level much higher than this; of course, the parts about Asuna was good, but the entire story was good and made everything even better. I really want to see this animated to lead people to know who was Yuki and what a wonderful character she is.

I'm reading volume 8 right now, after this I am going to put it in on hold to concetrate in another novel. I'm thinking of letting to read the next arc when I buy it, but it will take years, so I will end up reading it someday.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Indeed. Kawahara Reki was very inspired when he wrote this one. I was quite curious at first because it would be focused on Asuna, who hadn't been developed as well as Kirito even though they are MCs in the same degree. However, it reached a level much higher than this; of course, the parts about Asuna was good, but the entire story was good and made everything even better. I really want to see this animated to lead people to know who was Yuki and what a wonderful character she is.

I'm reading volume 8 right now, after this I am going to put it in on hold to concentrate in another novel. I'm thinking of letting to read the next arc when I buy it, but it will take years, so I will end up reading it someday.
the last arc ain't finished yet (Alicization) vol 9 was side stories iirc (might've been 8 though) .
I still don't care much about Asuna..., but Absolute sword, and the rest of the guild T.T so sad. And Kirito with '...permanent residents of this world' (<- The moment I decided that volume is gonna be great!)

dunno how 'seriously inspired' the author must've been, but probably nothing I read from now one would be this good.
I wonder how I'll feel about GGO when it comes out in July...I think this is going to be the 1st completely spoiled anime I'm going to watch.

We need more people like Reki Kawahara

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
the last arc ain't finished yet (Alicization) vol 9 was side stories iirc (might've been 8 though) .
I still don't care much about Asuna..., but Absolute sword, and the rest of the guild T.T so sad. And Kirito with '...permanent residents of this world' (<- The moment I decided that volume is gonna be great!)

dunno how 'seriously inspired' the author must've been, but probably nothing I read from now one would be this good.
I wonder how I'll feel about GGO when it comes out in July...I think this is going to be the 1st completely spoiled anime I'm going to watch.

We need more people like Reki Kawahara
I know it is not finished, volume 8 that was side stories.

You didn't read GGO?

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I know it is not finished, volume 8 that was side stories.

You didn't read GGO?
I have, that's why I said "completely spoiled"

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh, I get it now. I thought it was the contrary. :p

Regarding SAO, it is my first, too. After saw the anime that I was bound to read the novel. I think they will make a good job with GGO and get more fans to the series, principally who likes more action than romance.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Oh, I get it now. I thought it was the contrary. :p

Regarding SAO, it is my first, too. After saw the anime that I was bound to read the novel. I think they will make a good job with GGO and get more fans to the series, principally who likes more action than romance.
I'm afraid of them counting on existing fans and making the 'trainwreck of the century' really hope my fears remain just fears...
but if they manage to pull off something from the TTGL caliber I'm gonna become their eternal fan. also the ALO side stories were much better in the novels :/

as for spoiling, I usually watch the anime first and then read whatever there is to continue the story the only reason I haven't been spoiling myself up until now has been because I've avoided reading stuff the anime of which might get another season, but with SAO just couldn't contain myself... same with Log Horizon (the idea of being stuck in a game/VR is just too cool :D)

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gun Gale Online was confirmed for July! :D

I wonder if they will animate Mother's Rosario, too. I think that GGO is too long to have space for another part, but who knows. However, my wish is a movie from this. What do you think?

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
For july, I knew that.
I doubt it'll be a movie, if it gets animated it be either 4-6 ep OVA or a full 11-13 eps season, but it depends on the success of SAO II.
From the GGO PVs It'll be only it or maybe some of the side stories bundles with it.
We'll get to enjoy some 'pretty Kirito' art :D or is 'girly Kirito' closer?
also it's not clear how long the season would be, ~12-13 or 22-26 eps. So far they've managed to get a volume into 12-13 eps so judging by that if it's 25 ep anime there'll be space for more, unless they decide to stretch GGO into a long anime, it has the potential I think, but depends on the budget. can't wait to see
Kirito's jedi moves :D
If mother rosario gets to be the 2nd half of SAO II I'll be left in despair.. It's too good to be just a 2nd half... (but if we're lucky the whole anime might get to 27-28 episodes.)

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
GGO has material to make a 22~25 episodes long anime. They will make one this long for sure, even more after SAO's first season success. After this, supposing that GGO will make success (likely), a film sounds reasonable. However, I don't mind if Monther's Rosario being adapted in another way, since it is well adapted.

Aincrad has plenty of side-stories, they went until volume 8 to search for them, but GGO doesn't have anyone, at least not up to where I read.

Kirito's appearance doesn't bother me, I don't know why people comment this all the time. Like they don't see bishes everytime. XD

Last edited:

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
GGO has material to make a 22~25 episodes long anime. They will make one this long for sure, even more after SAO's first season success. After this, supposing that GGO will make success (likely), a film sounds reasonable. However, I don't mind if Monther's Rosario being adapted in another way, since it is well adapted.

Aincrad has plenty of side-stories, they went until volume 8 to search for them, but GGO doesn't have anyone, at least not up to where I read.

Kirito's appearance doesn't bother me, I don't know why people comment this all the time. Like they don't see bishes everytime. XD
lol, doesn't bother me either, I like him this way :D

even though I'd like to see him like this
too, kinda iconic.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Pretty cool! There are so many categories to vote for..

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Best Episode: Episode 11 - The Girl of Morning Dew
Best Male Character: Kirito, Heartcliff and Agil
Best Female Character: Asuna (forever and ever), Yui and Silica
Best Monster: The Fatal Scythe
Best Evironment: 22th Floor - Coral
Best Scene: The End of the World - Kirito and Asuna meet after the end of the game and contemplate the end of Aincrad.
Best Line: Skipped, my memory is very bad. XD
Best Music: Skipped, they changed the name of the musics. ¬¬
Best Battle: Floor 74: Dungeon "The Gleam Eyes" Battle
Best Costume Design: Asuna

I skipped the last two as well because they have to write and I'm lazy to research the exact name of everything. XD

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like another round has started for the SAO awards http://www.swordart-online.net/SAOA/en/

Surprised there were a sizeable crowd to choose Sakuya's SLyph costume, or even put up the Teleport Crystal as a best designed equipment.

I hope Luminous Sword goes for best song, and Elucidator for best weapon, The Corridor scene for best battle, , gleam eyes for best monster, and the imouto confession scene for best line.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My votes continue the same as the above ones, in addition to some categories that now have options.
Looking forward to see the results.