Special Move - Techniques Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Techniques Discussion

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, this was probably Byoudouin's first time seeing the black hole, he wouldn't know if it's possible to brute force your way through it. I think a blur/spread secondary effect seems to be the most likely though, yeah.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would Imagine though that Byoudin would have heard of the Black Hole during his travels if Oni and Irie knew about it, but I guess it's possible he just never heard about it.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I've completely neglected posting about Duke Bunt here, haven't I. So, basically it seems like Bunt is a mix-up for Homerun - both moves seem to start with the same motion and obviously Homerun is a power shot whereas Bunt is a drop shot. Duke Bunt doesn't seem to have any other special qualities, its effectiveness probably comes from how wary the opponent is of eating a Homerun.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
So it's another Gyro laer+Tornado Snake style shot?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So it's another Gyro laer+Tornado Snake style shot?
In a way, yes? It's more so that Bunt depends on Homerun to be effective though, but Homerun is still a great move with or without Bunt.

Fuuji Genichiro

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
In a way, yes? It's more so that Bunt depends on Homerun to be effective though, but Homerun is still a great move with or without Bunt.
reminds me of hoo gaeshi and hakuryu, since there done with the same stance and quite frankly travels the same way right up the net, where one goes immediatly down and doesnt bounce, and the other (for those smartasses (looking at you shirashi(and you too tezuka)) who think that they can just go up to the net and volley a dropshot) rises and goes straight to the line
you fuuji haters probly only hate him cuz you know he can beat yur favourite charchter.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Houou Gaeshi is a forehand with a large swinging motion whereas Hakuryuu is a compact backhand slice. The two couldn't be any more different.

Fuuji Genichiro

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Houou Gaeshi is a forehand with a large swinging motion whereas Hakuryuu is a compact backhand slice. The two couldn't be any more different.
pretty sure i remember him hiiting them the same (at least tsubame gaeshi and hakugei anyway :/), maybe i should go read the manga, as im recalling from the anime.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just I thought I had about Black Aura. I find it odd that it's only use (Redirecting the ball away from the opponent) seems to be the exact opposite of Sanada's Head on Battle style. Just a thought. Also I wonder if there is an exact limit for it to bounce or if given like 20 years he could do the Dodeca clutch.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Black aura is a weird ball to start with anyways. In theory it just seem to be 2 ball at once so I'm not sure exactly why those 10-15 ball people will find problem against it.

It's just that Sanada cannot fight using head on challenge anymore. His opponent best aspect IS better than his own aspect, unlike compare other MS. Ohmargari got more endurance than Sanada, so head on challenge using Mountain is suicide.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean more about how he developed the move at all despite it going against his style before he knew he'd need it.
Oh my just imagine Sanada with 10 Ball Strike and Using Black Aura on all of them

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
X-ball obviously become just some sort of training technique at some point even though X-ball would pretty much counter almost any trick shot trivially. For that matter it'd be awfully hard for the standard 'too fast to react to' shot to work on an X-ball guy. Even if you can't possibly keep up with someone, taking say 10 swings spread out in the court has a pretty good chance of accidentally hitting the ball. Maybe it won't be a great return but so what if it sets up a smash for them? You get 10 shots to try to return that smash too!

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
X-ball was the second most idiotic thing Konomi ever put into this series, and I'm so glad it's gone. (It falls right behind the inter-dimensional nonsense)

Last edited:

Awennor

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A person creating a blackhole also ranks high in being ridiculous.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Black Hole is a pretty misleading term. It obviously has no gravity effect since you can hit a ball through a gap between a large number of Black Holes. To be consistent with the name it should be a Tezuka Zone effect that you can place anywhere on the court, though I'm not sure if that actually gets you anything over just the normal Tezuka Zone given POT players tend to be baseline players. For an appropriate name of the actual effect, I think it'd be more appropriate to call it Absolute Zero because it'd be like stopping the motion of anything no matter what it is (unless you're against a Pro, then it's like Saint Seiya where you need temperature colder than Absolute Zero to freeze somebody).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The black hole Tokugawa create isn't really a black hole. It doesn't really suck anything in it (a black hole the size Tokugawa make will sucks up Australia, and more possibly, Earth). It's just a name for a move.

That, or it can be black hole in PoT world. That world DO seems to follow different physics rule compare to our.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The black hole Tokugawa create isn't really a black hole. It doesn't really suck anything in it (a black hole the size Tokugawa make will sucks up Australia, and more possibly, Earth). It's just a name for a move.
This is why Black Hole doesn't bother me as much as the other two I mentioned.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't really see how Black Hole is much better or worse than the others. In the end Tokugawa rips open a hole in space, regardless of whether you call it interdimensional or not. Kijin is a manifestation of your inner spirit. I reckon the reason these are called interdimensional is that they aren't really present on earth. Black Hole is a space technique and Kijin one from the spirit world or something. Not really sure about the glowing shot, but maybe it's supposed to be like gathering natural energy from your surroundings (so a bit like Sage Mode in Naruto I guess?).

---------- Post added November 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2015 at 10:42 AM ----------

So here's another one: if Black Hole neutralizes the properties of every shot (except Wirbel Traufe for so far unknown reasons), could Tokugawa hit a special shot out of the Black Hole? E.g. could he use the glowing shot or would the Black Hole neutralize that energy as well - what do you think?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Generally special move are not combine in PoT, so I don't think so? (Yes, I'm aware of Hyakuren+saiki)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Generally special move are not combine in PoT, so I don't think so? (Yes, I'm aware of Hyakuren+saiki)
Yeah, you're right. Tezuka's pretty much the only one who does it really. I'm more wondering whether or not it's theoretically possible rather than if we're actually going to see it.