Discussion - The Beer Thread! | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Beer Thread!

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Re: Hangout Thread v. 18

Anyone ever had Dos Equois? How is it?
Moved your post.

It's better than Corona Extra, that's for sure. But it's still pretty weak. The Amber isn't too bad though, from what I remember.

David Rose

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My current favourite beer is Staropramen. Those czech guys really know their beers!

I usually go with Holsten Pils (do NOT confuse with Holsten Edel) when I want to drink a whole night. Sometimes Becks.

When it comes to beer i can clearly recommend:
Heineken, Guinness, Kilkenny, Tennents, Flensburger and most other german beers.

If you happen to be in Germany do not try this:
5.0, Holsten Edel, Astra, Öttinger and everything cheaper. Just don't. There is this myth about german quality beer, but 2€ can make a huge difference.

edit: If I'm in the right mood I also like San Miguel with green olives. :verily:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ever since I've been in Berlin, I've grown accustomed to drinking beer. :beer

I like BECKS and Berliner Pilsner. Dark beer is still strong for me though.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Becks? You can do better than Becks :bored

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Becks? You can do better than Becks :bored
I just started drinking beer not too long ago. I have to start somewhere right? :verily

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Drinking a Saison Dupont. An amazing beer, among the best I've ever had.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Lambrucha - A lambic brewed with kombucha tea. Uh, I'm not really sure what to make of this. I didn't even finish the bottle. It definitely has a typical, lambic character to it but the combination of peppery, pickly, earthy taste to it was offensive to me. It's definitely wild and complex like most lambic, but the kombucha is just too much. It sort of has a dry white wine thing going on with it at times, but the offenseive, overpowering pickle/olive juice taste to it just throws me off. I'd say try anything once, but I'm probably not returning to this one.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Drinking Anchor Porter, an exceptionally good American Porter. Dark, malty flavor, foamy, tasting like coffee and dark chocolate.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Drinking a Pranqster. A good bear, nice flavor, almost no bitterness.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stella artois was like cat piss lol I don't recommend it at all.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm drinking a Long Strange Tripel, from the Boulevard Brewing Co, Kansas City, Mo. With less of a pronounced alocohal flavor it is one of the better Tripel's I have ever had. Hints of cherry and semi-sweet chocolate. A good beer, but not totally to my taste. I like, but do not love, Tripels. Recommended to anyone who likes strong beer.

There are worse beers
Stella is not terrible. For that price range it is a solid lager.

---------- Post added August 14, 2013 at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2013 at 09:10 PM ----------

Blue Moon Pumpkin ale was surprisingly not crappy. Not really good, but pleasantly drinkable.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Why are you drinking a Pumpkin Ale in August? You're doing it wrong!

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
My dad bought a 12 pack of Blue Moon seasonal beer, so I tried some. I wouldn't waste money buying bottles of Blue Moon myself. I'd rather spend the extra $5 for something more enjoyable.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Blue Moon is something I would normally get at a Nats game. Nationals Park beer selection is notoriously bad. They did open a new local, craft beer stand. That is something of an improvement. I didn't get any when I was there Sunday, the line was too long. I ended up with a Newcastle, which paired surprisingly well with a half smoke all the way. That does not change the fact that Newcastle is kind of bland. It can't be compared to a real brown ale, like Samuel Smiths.

KungPaoChicken

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Dos Equis and the occasional Corona. The Dos Equis guy inspired me . :zomg

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Blue Moon is something I would normally get at a Nats game. Nationals Park beer selection is notoriously bad. They did open a new local, craft beer stand. That is something of an improvement. I didn't get any when I was there Sunday, the line was too long. I ended up with a Newcastle, which paired surprisingly well with a half smoke all the way. That does not change the fact that Newcastle is kind of bland. It can't be compared to a real brown ale, like Samuel Smiths.
Yeah fair enough. I'd probably go with the Newcastle 9 out of 10 times though

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I tried a Petra the other day (brasilian beer). Not bad at all.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Moved your post.

It's better than Corona Extra, that's for sure. But it's still pretty weak. The Amber isn't too bad though, from what I remember.
Where was it? O_o

So it's another overhyped beer that doesn't deserve to be advertised the way it is? The TV ads are brilliant though... probably helps with its sales?
Ever since I've been in Berlin, I've grown accustomed to drinking beer. :beer

I like BECKS and Berliner Pilsner. Dark beer is still strong for me though.
Ugh, Becks. Had that in England, it was horrible, I couldn't finish it. One of the few horrid tasting beers that I couldn't finish, and I drank 64 oz of Hurricane my first time.

try Corona. If you're ever joining us in DC, we'll go to Mussel. SO MANY SELECTION OF BEER! :arf I liked the beer I got.

We both can annoy Gary or Kait or goodsy on which beer to get. :verily (if Gary doesn't say no to joining the meet :-_-)

But recommendation: avoid most American-made beers or at least, companies that make beers like Nattie [Natural] Ice, Coors, Bud Light, etc. Bud LIght platinum was good, but apart from that, all beers I've had from America tasted like pee. At least, it tasted like what pee smells like.

Blue Moon garnished with orange is good though.
Lambrucha - A lambic brewed with kombucha tea. Uh, I'm not really sure what to make of this. I didn't even finish the bottle. It definitely has a typical, lambic character to it but the combination of peppery, pickly, earthy taste to it was offensive to me. It's definitely wild and complex like most lambic, but the kombucha is just too much. It sort of has a dry white wine thing going on with it at times, but the offenseive, overpowering pickle/olive juice taste to it just throws me off. I'd say try anything once, but I'm probably not returning to this one.
Better or worse than Nattie Ice?
Stella artois was like cat piss lol I don't recommend it at all.
lol
There are worse beers
Yeah, like Nattie Ice and Coors.