Discussion - The Beer Thread! | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Beer Thread!

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah fair enough. I'd probably go with the Newcastle 9 out of 10 times though
There are venders that serve Stella, and some that sells Pilsner Urquell. None of them are close to Ben's Chili Bowl. Newcastle is better anyway. There is a vender that serves Sammy on the third base side Ben's, but I was at the Ben's on the first base side, near my seats. The Craft Beer stand was probably better than Newcastle, but I had no patience to wait in line.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Where was it? O_o

So it's another overhyped beer that doesn't deserve to be advertised the way it is? The TV ads are brilliant though... probably helps with its sales?
Hangout Thread

Overhyped? Eh, I don't know about that. It's popular enough and has been for a while.

Ugh, Becks. Had that in England, it was horrible, I couldn't finish it. One of the few horrid tasting beers that I couldn't finish, and I drank 64 oz of Hurricane my first time.
I'd have a Becks before a Heineken.

But recommendation: avoid most American-made beers or at least, companies that make beers like Nattie [Natural] Ice, Coors, Bud Light, etc. Bud LIght platinum was good, but apart from that, all beers I've had from America tasted like pee. At least, it tasted like what pee smells like.
You don't know what you're talking about. And DO NOT CALL NATURAL ICE/LIGHT NATTIE! IT ISN'T NATTIE.

Bud Light Platinum is awful and it isn't beer, it's malt liquor.

Blue Moon garnished with orange is good though.
No it isn't.

There are venders that serve Stella, and some that sells Pilsner Urquell. None of them are close to Ben's Chili Bowl. Newcastle is better anyway. There is a vender that serves Sammy on the third base side Ben's, but I was at the Ben's on the first base side, near my seats. The Craft Beer stand was probably better than Newcastle, but I had no patience to wait in line.
Choices aren't so bad. I'm not really a fan of Sam Adams though.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hangout Thread

Overhyped? Eh, I don't know about that. It's popular enough and has been for a while.
Oh. Interesting.

But if it's not as good as claimed, then it is overhyped, no?

I'd have a Becks before a Heineken.

You don't know what you're talking about. And DO NOT CALL NATURAL ICE/LIGHT NATTIE! IT ISN'T NATTIE.

Bud Light Platinum is awful and it isn't beer, it's malt liquor.
They both suck though.

Yes I do. AND IT IS NATTIE AS A NICKNAME!

Potato potahto. Still better than most beers I've had.

How is it not? Definitely tasted better with orange in it than without.

No it isn't.

Choices aren't so bad. I'm not really a fan of Sam Adams though.[/QUOTE]

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh. Interesting.

But if it's not as good as claimed, then it is overhyped, no?
It's an adjunct lager. They're not made to be good. They're made to sell for cheap and get people fucked up.

They both suck though.

Yes I do. AND IT IS NATTIE AS A NICKNAME!

Potato potahto. Still better than most beers I've had.

How is it not? Definitely tasted better with orange in it than without.
No. The only Nattie is Nattie Boh. Stop regurgitating what retard college kids call something.

If you need to garnish your beer, have floaters in it, or add something to it, you're doing it wrong. The beer isn't good enough on it's own, then...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh.

Then stop reacting every time I say it. It's fun to see you get all mad and stuff whenever someone calls it "Nattie." What's Nattie Boh though? I think we had this discussion before but I forget.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE BEER FFS!

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
FAVORITE BEER OF ALL TIME:

Left Hand.

Sweet jesus. Sweet fucking jesus. I'm in love.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh.

Then stop reacting every time I say it. It's fun to see you get all mad and stuff whenever someone calls it "Nattie." What's Nattie Boh though? I think we had this discussion before but I forget.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE BEER FFS!
National Bohemian

Then why are you posting here? :oh

FAVORITE BEER OF ALL TIME:

Left Hand.

Sweet jesus. Sweet fucking jesus. I'm in love.
Which one?

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
:allthe Left Hands!

But prolly Nitro. :arf

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
And I probably have a slight predisposition to love it since I lived in Longmont on the St. Vrain for a while. :sweat

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Left Hand is a brewery/brand, not a name of a beer :cookiearf
Left Hand Nitro. I gave you a specific name. Milk Stout. :bored

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
And I probably have a slight predisposition to love it since I lived in Longmont on the St. Vrain for a while. :sweat

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Left Hand Nitro. I gave you a specific name. Milk Stout.
Okay, I was looking up info online and I guess they changed the name of it. Milk Stouts are good. I wonder if I can find it here. I've heard of the brewery before, but don't recall seeing it.

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Okay, I was looking up info online and I guess they changed the name of it. Milk Stouts are good. I wonder if I can find it here. I've heard of the brewery before, but don't recall seeing it.
I know! It is hard to find since it's a local company. I was honestly very shocked to find it this far south. And in a place as state-obsessed as Texas at that. My favorite beers before Left hand were Blue Moon Belgian White and Fat Tire Amber though. Before I ever even knew they were CO companies. I have a fetish for Colorado beers it seems. :love

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I know! It is hard to find since it's a local company. I was honestly very shocked to find it this far south. And in a place as state-obsessed as Texas at that. My favorite beers before Left hand were Blue Moon Belgian White and Fat Tire Amber though. Before I ever even knew they were CO companies. I have a fetish for Colorado beers it seems. :love
MillerCoors bought Blue Moon, so they're hardly a CO company anymore. I think there are many better Witbiers than Blue Moon, but whatever. I can fuck with some Fat Tire though. :nod

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I like Miller too though. I can't deny that even if I tried. :sweat

If I add some fresh orange to Blue Moon, it's just RIGHT. I can't really say that about any other beer I've encountered. Fat Tire~~~! :arf:cookiearf to prove I'm dedicated to this shit yo bro whore man. :arf

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I like Miller too though. I can't deny that even if I tried. :sweat

If I add some fresh orange to Blue Moon, it's just RIGHT. I can't really say that about any other beer I've encountered. Fat Tire~~~! :arf:cookiearf to prove I'm dedicated to this shit yo bro whore man. :arf
Yuck

Just go drink a shandy then -_-;

...you bro whore man?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

KungPaoChicken

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Haha. I want to know, are there any minors here. USA age'd, which is under 21. Or any other county. Whatever, i'm pretty dam sure every minor in the world has drank. :^_^

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I drink considerably less now that I am of age. :nod

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ugh, Becks. Had that in England, it was horrible, I couldn't finish it. One of the few horrid tasting beers that I couldn't finish, and I drank 64 oz of Hurricane my first time.
See, I'm still new to the beer thing so I can't really compare Becks with other drinks. >_< I'm sure there are much better brands out there; I just haven't tried them out yet.

try Corona. If you're ever joining us in DC, we'll go to Mussel. SO MANY SELECTION OF BEER! :arf I liked the beer I got.

We both can annoy Gary or Kait or goodsy on which beer to get. :verily (if Gary doesn't say no to joining the meet :-_-)
There's Corona in Canada so I'll check it out the next time I'm at a liquor store.

Which brand is your favourite?

But recommendation: avoid most American-made beers or at least, companies that make beers like Nattie [Natural] Ice, Coors, Bud Light, etc. Bud LIght platinum was good, but apart from that, all beers I've had from America tasted like pee. At least, it tasted like what pee smells like.

Blue Moon garnished with orange is good though.
I wasn't too keen on trying those beer brands anyway. :XD Especially those beers that underage kids drink at parties and think they're awesome while getting wasted...

Blue Moon sounds good! I like fruity drinks like cocktails so it seems like my kind of beer.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
See, I'm still new to the beer thing so I can't really compare Becks with other drinks. >_< I'm sure there are much better brands out there; I just haven't tried them out yet.
Try 'em. With your mom or dad. :verily

There's Corona in Canada so I'll check it out the next time I'm at a liquor store.

Which brand is your favourite?
Enjoy. Best with lime though. Not sure if you'd like Corona. Dunno if I have any favorite, since I don't like beer. I do drink Blue Moon or Corona sometimes. Few days ago at the bar I had H-something. Forgot the name. It was good beer though.

I wasn't too keen on trying those beer brands anyway. :XD Especially those beers that underage kids drink at parties and think they're awesome while getting wasted...
Mainly cuz it's cheap though. Even when my roommates were planning a party last year, they were looking for the cheapest rum/alcohol.

Blue Moon sounds good! I like fruity drinks like cocktails so it seems like my kind of beer.
Hmm, I don't think most beers are fruity though. Apple cider ale or whatever was good. I had it in Philly!

Go with mimosas! It's a good brunch drink, apparently.