TV - The Big Bang Theory Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Big Bang Theory Thread

Pebbles

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i used to watch this all the time
its nice

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
the first time I found out about this was around season 6 and I watched the entire season 1-5 in like 3 days :XD

I really like bernadette's character. I have a little crush on her :blush

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can see its flaws but still really enjoy it. I have it constantly in the background when I do work.
Favourite character's probably Penny, she seems to overall know her boundaries.

Really dislike Raj and Howard. Raj for literally just breaking up with Emily as soon as he meets Claire and justifies it as him trying to find 'the one'. He was also more than willing to get with Penny even whilst knowing Leonard was in love with her without as much a word to Leonard that he was serious that he wanted to sleep with her. Same thing happened with Bernadette. He's also more than willing to disregard his friends to get to where he wants to go. Him claiming the full credit when he and Penny discovered that asteroid comes to mind, and even appealed to her pity by acting like a pathetic guy by saying it could advance his career or whatever. Not very many layers to his character either to be honest. Only thing that developed with his character from the beginning to Season 11 was that he doesn't rely on his father anymore to afford his luxurious lifestyle (which he should've been doing from the very beginning considering he's a physicist in a renowned university and those earn at least 80k a year from my knowledge).

Howard said he 'can't deal with this right now' when his mother was sick and didn't wanna care for her at all when she was literally incapable of caring for herself when that's exactly what she did for him for decades. He also didn't wanna get into a committed relationship with Bernadette because she was 'no Megan Fox'. He also got mad when his friends started getting annoyed of his constant interjection of his experiences as an astronaut which was just extremely condescending. He never does anything in the house and expects Bernadette to always do everything for him like his mother used to. He also constantly bullies Raj which put a strain in their relationship sometime around season 11, i think. Kinda happy they brought this up, but he's just an extremely shallow person. Honestly, don't think he developed at all from the beginning to the end other than his relationship with Sheldon. Even with Bernadette, was always of the understanding he felt like he settled.

Bernadette is also a bully in her own right, quite manipulative and always uses the fact that she has always had to defend herself because she's small and she has a squeaky voice for her actions. Her prank against Sheldon in the Imitation Game(?) comes to mind. She was willing to help Leonard make fun of Sheldon in front of the entire university, and she refused when Amy asked her to help Howard apologise to Sheldon. When Sheldon and Amy later do the same thing, she was so pissed like she hadn't done anything wrong. She's not nearly as bad as the other two guys above though.

Sheldon is morally not a very good person either, but I feel like you can chalk that up as him not having a particularly good EQ. And you could see him developing from the beginning to the end mostly because of the three closest people to him: Leonard, Penny and of course, Amy. The three people I can confidently say are the best people in the series as well.

They have all committed socially and morally questionable, and sometimes, even unacceptable actions, but I can't lie, I still soldiered through all this and finished the series lol. Most of the time, if it's not Friends, I have this show in the background when I'm doing work, may it be in the office, in the living room or my bedroom.