The Concerts Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Concerts Thread

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
In this thread anyone can discuss anything and everything about Concerts and Live Performances by musical artists! Any touring band or artist can be discussed here. Post your resume of all the bands/artists you've seen live. You could even notify other members of future concerts or band tours that will be taking place that you find interesting or plan on going to and those can be discussed here as well. I know that I have personally been to many concerts and am planning to go to more so I am looking forward to seeing what other artists and bands people here have seen in concert as well. :D

After_Image

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First!!! :XD

the latest concerts I've been to was to see David Cook. i personally didnt really know who he was(other than winning American Idol) but a friend of mine insisted i go. it turns out he is a cool guy with some great songs. after that i started liking more of his music, I also enjoyed the opening act... i think their name was The Crash Kings. I looked them up on Itunes and i very much liked the songs they had.

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for posting AI ;)

For me I've started going to concerts about 7 years ago. My first concert ever was I saw Creed live. That was a really good concert and ever since I've loved going. I then followed up with seeing Guns N' Roses (the new one :XD) and this was before they had released Chinese Democracy so they were just starting to make a comeback with the new band members. After that I went to Taste of Chaos which was a tour consisting of Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, and Avenged Sevenfold which was the headliner. That was my first HEAVY METAL!!! :headbang concert, :XD. The next after that was Rockstar Mayhem Festival 08 and that was probably one of the most intense days of my life, 12 HOURS OF METAL!!! I was dead by the end of the day. So many bands were there. I ended up seeing Five Finger Death Punch, DragonForce, Disturbed, Slipknot, and some other bands which I can't recall because they weren't that important, lol. Then I went to see METALLICA for the Death Magnetic Tour this past February. They has The Sword and Machine Head open for them. Metallica was probably the single best performance I've ever seen. Then this past April I saw Static-X as a small venue in a concert hall and that was one to remember too because of the setting. The bright side in that it was a concert hall was that we ended up really close to the stage and that was the closest I've ever been to a band. And finally this past August I saw Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath) at the Wamu Theater at Madison Square garden. This was a very intense performance for some pretty old guys, lol. The lead singer Dio is like 60 now and he's still rocking hard.

So overall I've been to quite a few concerts over the past few years and I plan on going to much more. Coming up in a month there is a Dethklok and Mastodon Concert in Manhattan that I plan on going to.... I am expecting much awesomeness from that :D

redcometfm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Went to Ozfest once in South Florida, 2006. Really disappointed. Dragonforce was annoying as hell, and I was looking forward to System of a Down play but it was horrible...they played half-assed then in the middle of a song stopped playing and went on an anti-war rant, which caused a third of the audience to walk away, another third to boo and the rest to just stand in silence. And it was their last show, the one where they announced they were going away for a while.

If anything, Disturbed put on a pretty damn good show.

Oh, and the cigarette shit going on there really disgusted me. Going into a booth, giving some info and then getting a couple of packs of free cigarettes...thats cool and all but not when you see 12 yr olds and such en masse smoking them all around as a result. Totally ****ing disgusting.

Almost went to Electric Daisy Carnival concert with Paul Oakenfold and such this past summer in Los Angeles, but the fact that it was in South Central and I had to go home by bus at 3 AM stopped me. The youtube videos showed me the incredibleness that I missed out on. (And man were some of the people there freaking weird!!!! >.<)

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I haven't been to too many concerts because I live way far away from any city that ever has them.....but the first one I finally got to go to was summer of '08, and it was Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, and Staind. I didn't really know much about Theory before then. I had heard of them and when I found out they were gonna be there I stumbled upon "Bad Girlfriend" but that was about it. Though I really like them especially "Hate My Life". I left singing that ^_^ Hinder was actually pretty good. Very loud...or maybe it was the fact that I was right next to the speakers, guess I'll never know. Staind was the best though. Topless girls every...o and they sounded good too lol.

Next one I saw was AC/DC in January. They were playing with the Answer who were alright but I wasn't too impressed with them. The best part about that concert was all the drunk old people yelling and dancing. One old man I went with was even smoking pot :eyeroll....my mom who took us there still does not know this, for good reasons.

The latest one I saw was in July. I got to see Green Day. I forget the name of the band that opened for them so I guess that shows what I thought of them. Green Day on the other was amazing. Great sound, sounded even better than the recordings at some points. Best part was all the audience participation. Drunk people singing on stage then being tricked into stage diving is hilarious.

I was gonna go see Atreyu and Hollywood Undead but those bastards aren't coming to Tennessee, so I'm hoping either A Day to Remember or the Flatliners decides to come but I'm doubting it. :(

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I almost forgot about this thread I made, thanks for posting Drmke.

So I ended up going to the Dethklok Mastodon concert as I said I would in an earlier post. Truly was epic! Dethklok was one of the heaviest bands I have ever seen live. I have to admit that they really did an amazing job. During the show too they played clips on the screen behind them of parts of the show (for those who don't know Dethklok is a fictional, cartoon band seen in the show Metalocalypse on Adult Swim. After the shows success, they decided to create an actual band based on the show consisting of Brendon Small who does the voices and music for the show and a bunch of other guys he got together to play the parts of their corresponding fictional characters). Mastodon was also a treat. They pretty much played their whole new album and some older stuff. Their music got pretty trippy with the weird sh*t they were playing on the screen behind them, lol. Overall the night was truly epic.

If any one is interested, I post videos on youtube from the concerts I go to. I have a recent video of the Dethklok performance as well as a bunch of other concerts I have gone to (All of my videos are metal fyi). Enjoy. My Youtube Page

PS: There was wayyyyy too much pot at the Dethklok and Mastodon concert Drmke :p

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've seen Bruce Springsteen twice, once last year and once this year. Wonderful man live. So much energy from a group of 60 year olds, and then some. I'm planning on going to see John Mellencamp if he tours behind his new CD later next year.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
PS: There was wayyyyy too much pot at the Dethklok and Mastodon concert Drmke :p
Lol there always is at most concerts. Its only weird to me when people over 50 are doing it 0_o

kaliayev

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've seen too many bands to list them all, but I will list the most memorable ones: B&S, Polyphonic Spree, Trans Am, Mogwai (bring some goddamn earplugs if you try to see Mogwai, as Mogwai will ravage your ears), Wax Tailor, M83, Yo La Tengo, Of Montreal, Flaming Lips (only outdoors), Yeasayer, the Little Ones, and De Novo Dahl. Additionally, I will say that DD/MM/YYYY is the worst band I've had the displeasure of seeing live. Had they not been opening for High Places, a far superior band, I would have gone home.

Its only weird to me when people over 50 are doing it 0_o
Why? They've been doing it a lot longer than most and probably have higher quality product. Some of them even have top of the line vaporizers.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Why? They've been doing it a lot longer than most and probably have higher quality product. Some of them even have top of the line vaporizers.
Because they are so annoying...lol I actually don't care if they do but holding on to me looking all glassy eyed asking me if I want a hit when my mom is so close and would easily figure out and kill me is what I don't like...probably just my own weird experiences. ;)

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
The only concert I've ever been to was a concert of Ricchi e Poveri. And although I'm really into rock, the first concert I went to wasn't a rock concert. xD But oh well, I had a great time, it was fun.

I really want to go to the AC/DC one. And I want bands like Green Day and The Offspring to come to my country.

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
I should be going to Lollapalooza this year. Still waiting for the lineup to be released, but even if it's filled with people I don't want to see, I'm still seeing X Japan.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
If I get lucky this year, me and a few of my friends are going on a road trip to catch the Warped Tour. Probably in Atlanta, but maybe one of the earlier shows in California if we get enough money.

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
Warped Tour doesn't have a lot of bands I want to see. The main one is Reel Big Fish. It seems Alkaline Trio is playing dates, but not been announced yet. I'd have to go up to Chicago, though, which is a pain, but the bands I want aren't playing in Indy.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So now that the summer has started I have lined up a few concerts I plan on going to for the summer. Firstly I got my tickets for a Creed concert now that they have come back out after being broken up for several years. I also have tickets to see Iron Maiden with Dream Theater opening for them. And finally I really want to go to this years Rockstar Mayhem Festival. Its gonna have a crap load of bands I really like such as Hatebreed, Chimaira, Five Finger Death Punch, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, and to top it all off it is being headlines by Korn! Its gonna be a trip to get there since its not too close to where I live but I'm hoping that I can pull it off. :headbang

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh creed is back? I didn't know thanks mate. I'm not too familiar with Iron Maiden except one song from back in the day that was on the radio a lot when I used to go to school. lol

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh creed is back? I didn't know thanks mate. I'm not too familiar with Iron Maiden except one song from back in the day that was on the radio a lot when I used to go to school. lol

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs
Yea Creed actually came back last summer with a new album called Full Circle. I saw them once in 2003 when I was A LOT younger and they were great then, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them now. Apparently the lead singer Scott Stapp shaved his head. He used to have long flowing Fabio like hair but I think he reinvented himself after his earlier mishaps and drinking problems and has come back clean and thats just one of his ways of showing it.

Halikus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else here see Rage Against the Machine in Finsbury Park on Sunday just gone? Was awesomeness and best of all totally FREE!

Oh and Full Circle is an awesome album only due to the fact the Stapp had no say in the music side of things this time and only wrote the lyrics and sang otherwise it would have been a standard ballady Creed album not the heavy as hell record we got due to the fact Tremonti had free reign.

I suppose it still doesn't change the fact the Stapp cant sing live to save his life.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For free? :eek
and in London Town! ZOMG.

*faints*

I should've been there. Dammit. I was working that day. :(

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ahh the only concert I've been to is the TVXQ Mirotic Tour in Shanghai, in September 2009. They're a Korean group, so I don't think many people here would've heard of them ^^; But they are HUGE in Asia, i swear, about half of the female population are fangirls o_O The tragic thing is, that was their last concert together before the law suit, and the future is looking bleak :scry :scry :scry Ah, but the awesome thing is, I saw one of the members up close in December last year when he was visiting Sydney :D (I'm from Melbourne)

Ahh, sorry for going off topic there ^^

Oh, I think I'm going to a Super Junior (another K-pop group) in Shanghai later this year :thumbs