The Crayola/ryColaa Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Crayola/ryColaa Thread

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Current Projects :
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
P2! Let's Play Ping Pong
Beach Stars
Ahiru no Sora
Ashita no Yoichi!
Stripe Blue
Yu Yu Hakusho

Dropped Projects :
One Piece (moria arc is boring me too much)
Full Metal Alchemist (Joined TMI and clean for them)
Naruto (There are more than enough people doing this series)

Interested Projects :
W’S.
Amigo x Amiga.
Wild Pitch.
Free Runners.
Diamond no Ace.
Mr. Full Swing.
Break Shot.
Hakiori Devil Princess.
Sundome.
Oyama! Kikunosuke.
Naive.
Dispatch!
Miss Wizard.
Katekin.
Fight Shop.

Groups I'm part of :
Bakemono (Editor)
TMI (Cleaner)

Okay, so I'm Crayola. I'm 18 and am a college student and I started doing this as a hobby. I'm basically a one man editing group and use raws and translations provided by members of MangaHelpers. Ask me a question if you got one.

Last edited:

neobody

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
What's that secret project? :P

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, that's the beauty of it, it's a himitsu. I think I can get the first chapter out later this week. Also, Overdrive 2 is in the ftp folder.

magictos

Reaction score
Country
Australia
about your [secret] project... is it gonna be another sport manga?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
yes it will be, im about 1/3 done with it, and expect p2! 8 soon, its 90% done, just need some clarification with the translation.

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hey Crayola,.. thanks for the scan, i always read the PoT LOL,..
kay heres some question that i am curios
1. why did you choose sports manga as your main project ?
2. what sports that you like ?
3. do you love harvest moon very much LOL ?
4. is your secret project a manga called "Dear Boys" ? LOL (i am guessing from your signature LOL)

thats all,.. thank you :p

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. i chose sports mangas because I like them the most. Like the drama and action in a match while they strive for the championship.

2. I personally like to play basketball, American football, and a little tennis. I'm not so good at tennis.

3. I love playing Harvest moon, but after I get through the game for a few years, I usually get bored.

4. The secret project was Beach Stars which has been released already. But it'll be stalled until I can get raws for chapters 2 to 6.

sakura_hime04

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
:hi5 crayola Just try to stopping here and want ask some question for you? can i? :wtf
1. is crayola = crayon?
2. Why you think that moria's arc such a brong arc? Are you hate zombie? :wtf

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. yea, crayola came from crayon because i used to use the name kornycrayon. I was thinking random words with KC because those were the intials of the girl i used to like. Also because crayon has RAY in it which is from my name. I eventually switched to crayola becayse I thought it sounded better. Then rycolaa came from rearranging the letters in crayola.

2. I think the Moria arc is pretty boring, dunno why, but zombies don't seem so interesting. Seems like something so expected and their powers aren't anything spectacular.

sakura_hime04

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
next question
Your fave food? and how long for make a Edited Manga?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok favorite food has to be in like traditional chinese retaurants, where you order the shrimp with walnuts. It's like Fried Jumbo Shrimp with Mayo, and its surrounded with walnuts and broccoli.

Edited Mangas overall take maybe somewhere from 2 to 4 hours. It all depends on quality of the raw, whether or not I do borders, and how much typesetting there is. When there's a lot of redraws, joins, and stuff, then even longer if I choose to do them

sakura_hime04

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
o It's like Fried Jumbo Shrimp with Mayo
:drool i love this one too :XD

Edited Mangas overall take maybe somewhere from 2 to 4 hours. It all depends on quality of the raw, whether or not I do borders, and how much typesetting there is. When there's a lot of redraws, joins, and stuff, then even longer if I choose to do them
2 to 4 hours? :omg wow.. That's hard though i think :XD after that, did your eyes feeling aching or what?

ack do you have a pet?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
sometimes i feel cramped up and whatnot, so I go get a bite to eat or watch some TV or something. It's only like one day a week where I crack down and do like consecutive series, otherwise I probably do chapters in little bits.

I don't have any pets, I don't think I would take very good care of a pet if I had one anyway.

sakura_hime04

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
And your fave foods?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
2 new series will probably be coming soon hopefully. The first is a Korean manhwa and i'll probably get it out sometime this week.

pezyuan

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. what got you into anime
2. which came first ;) manga or anime

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
2 more projects! Damn, I can't keep up with some of the commitments I already have let alone pick up some more. This is some good news thats for sure =]

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. what got you into anime
2. which came first ;) manga or anime
!. Well, of course, the very first anime I saw was DBZ, I remember watching it when I was 5 and I saw it in cantonese. But that was the very first anime to my knowledge that I have seen. Then when Cartoon Network and Kids WB starting showing anime, I watched them. The series I watched were like DBZ, Pokemon, YuGiOh, Digimon, and stuff. But because they were so slow, I eventually went online.

2. FOr me, anime came first. But if you're asking like the chicken and the egg kind of question, then I'd say manga. Drawing came before video, so it's obvious to me that manga would come before anime

pezyuan

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
hahahaha yea i remeber watching pokemon dubbed in chinese when i was a kid... i didn't even watch it on tv! pirated pokemon chinese vcds ftw!

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
2 more projects! Damn, I can't keep up with some of the commitments I already have let alone pick up some more. This is some good news thats for sure =]
Well, I don't have that many commitments. Bakemono is on hiatus right now and FMA is once a month. P2! and Yu Yu Hakusho aren't series that I'm doing like once a week. They're series where the translator does it as like their lower priority. Eyeshield 21 and Prince of Tennis are only once a week and I can usually finish that every weekend. I also do the occasional Naruto or some other series if I have time. So I have enough time to pick up new series.

The new Manga Project I've been working on is about 98% complete with just some little details in the translation to go over. Expect it out in the next week or so, definitely out before thanksgiving

Last edited: