The Crayola/ryColaa Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Crayola/ryColaa Thread

maloose

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
hi Crayola, and thnx for ur scans. :amuse
may I ask u a question? what is the fastest site that present ur Edited Mangas online, raw & translated? I assume u know it :eyeroll
thnx:amuse

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm, I guess onemanga.com They do my Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21, and P2!
The other series are unknown or not read b most, so I don't believe any site hosts the rest of the series I do. Don't know about raw though.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey crayola, couple of questions for ya:

1. Favourite POT character??
2. Where did you first learn to scanlate?
3. What sports manga do you recommend besides POT and Suzuka?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Fuji
2. From MH Academy and the unbkeesed idiot's guide.
3. Eyeshield 21

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
hey happy birthday crayola!!!!

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since it didn't even cross my mind to do a Christmas release, I'm going to spend the next couple of days trying to put together a New Year's release together.

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
hey are you still doing p2!

just wondering bcz its been awhile since one has been scanlated

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, P2! will be continued. My translator for the series, ThE_WoRm wanted to do this using tankoban raws since they were better quality. So I had to go buy the raws as well as the scanner. I have those two things now, they're in my college dorm and I'm currently on Winter Break. So when I get back to school and have some time, probably February, I'll have the tanks scanned and sent to ThE_WoRm where it'll be his job to translate. And then I'll edit once I get the translations and whatnot.

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
ok thx

jw cuz its been like 3 months since the last one

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hey dude... whats up? :) i just want to ask something... i always look forward to your scans but i cant open it... i tried DLing chapters of PoT from ur site but my computer dont recognize the file type... i think its .rar? so i have to wait when they put it on onemanga.com... anyway, may i know what should i use to open such file type?.... thanks man... :) keep up the goodwork.. :)

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
winzip and winrar work for rar files, crayola will confirm it when he sees your post

and crayola yd u choose that 4 ur name?

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Err, .rar can be opened with WinRar, I don't tink winzip works for it. You can also use 7Zip I believe.

I chose Crayola as a name from a process.
I liked a girl and her initals were KC, so I made a nick called KornyCrayon.
Eventually I evolved that name to Crayola from it because it sounded better and because my name "Raymond" or "Ray" is more pronounced in Crayola.

And of course ryColaa came from jumbling the letters of the word Crayola

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
another question?

any chance you could start Editing legendz?

im pretty sure its only 4 volumes so it shouldnt take too much effort, unless the raws are hard to find or it is liscensed, i was just going through my old shonen jump stuff and i saw the preview of it from like 2 years ago, and it seems good.

a few people have requested legendz on Onemanga also

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, If I can find the raws and a willing translator, then I'll do it.

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia
another question?

any chance you could start Editing legendz?

im pretty sure its only 4 volumes so it shouldnt take too much effort, unless the raws are hard to find or it is liscensed, i was just going through my old shonen jump stuff and i saw the preview of it from like 2 years ago, and it seems good.

a few people have requested legendz on Onemanga also
Legendz has already been scanned in. Check gotlurk.net if you know how to use irc, otherwise not sure where you can find it.

Also, just to keep it on topic. Love the work ya do Crayola. I love sports mangas even though I'm not really interested in sports themselves, and I read most of the series you scan now. Keep up the good work.

raderack

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Im fan of your work,i actually download all your current projects..so keep the good work.

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Sunday is My One Year Anniversary maybe, not completely sure, but I'll considerit as my one year anniversary, and there are currently 2 releases ready for this Sunday. In the next 3 days,I'll see what I can do to bump it up to 10 releases for Sunday.

EightySix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi there just wanna thank you for all the awesome work you've done!! I enjoy ES 21 so much and ahiru no sora as well!

Pezz Talent

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Response to the July 26th Interview

While I liked most of this Interview there was one thing that rubbed me the wrong way, and that was question #8. I am a former moderator of the MangaFox forums, and still an active member, and such I am only speaking on behalf of MangaFox and not One Manga, but there are some things about the answer that I would like to address.

1. The choice to keep Low Quality scans has nothing to do with not desiring or wanting High Quality scans, but more in respect to the Edited Manga groups who took the time to do a release no matter how rushed and Low Quality it is. We are a community driven site and people upload freely to us, so if we took down the Low Quality scan in favor of the High Quality scan (especially if the two groups are different) it's a slap in the face to the other Edited Manga groups. And although High Quality scans are better we don't want to offend any group for the work they put into releasing a chapter. If a group releases a Low Quality scan to get the chapter out quickly and then makes a High Quality scan later we are more than happy to re-upload the scan.

2. We make no money off of our site besides ads which pay to keep the site itself up. We allow anyone and everyone to read the manga on our site without charging any fee. And there is only one staff member who gets paid, but that is due her being hired in real life and not being hired online, to work on the coding for the site and to keep the site running smoothly and she is paid from the owner's pocket and not off any of the money earned by the ads on MangaFox.

3. We at MangaFox do give back to the community, we have created our own Edited Manga group and various other groups have been started after their members have met in our forums.

Now I'm not trying to attack Rycolaa Edited Mangas (as I enjoy many of the series you scanlate) or MangaHelpers for the interview. My intention is to do nothing more than just inform you of some of the inaccuracies of your assumptions about us, and I would just ask that in the future you try and learn a little more about us before you make a judgment. And I would like to apologize beforehand if I offend anyone with what I have said.

If you have any questions or comments for me you can email me at pezztalent@yahoo.com (i would request that if someone decides to send me hate mail that they don't.....even though this probably wont deter you at all but in turn make it more likely for me to get some XD)