Games - The Final Fantasy Thread! | Page 59 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Final Fantasy Thread!

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The complaining from boomers online about the difficulty just tickles my funny bone. Almost more than anything I've seen about the actual gameplay.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The complaining from boomers online about the difficulty just tickles my funny bone. Almost more than anything I've seen about the actual gameplay.
Are they complaining it's hard or easy?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Complaining that it's hard, I guess because the combat system isn't turn-based.
There is a turned based mode that isn't a part of the demo, supposedly, but is supposed to be a part of the full game. No idea how that's going to work.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
There is a turned based mode that isn't a part of the demo, supposedly, but is supposed to be a part of the full game. No idea how that's going to work.
I've read that it's not actually truly turn-based, it just makes most of the real-time elements of the combat automatic through AI or something. Not sure though, sounds like a really wonky idea.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The gameplay chunks I've seen really don't make it look very hard though, guess I'll see when I play it myself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've read that it's not actually truly turn-based, it just makes most of the real-time elements of the combat automatic through AI or something. Not sure though, sounds like a really wonky idea.
So basically Dragon Age Inquisition then?

Lonewolf187

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1)FFXV
2)Zack,Cloud,Squall and the fab 4 from XV.
3)Arydyn and Sephiroth
4Bahamut
5) FFXV
6)Pretty much dealign with random encounters and getting killed by the sandworm in FF4 on my 3ds.
7)The opening part of FFXV had some reservations at first but after a while it really made me appreciate the story as a whole.
8) FFX-3
9 Disadia
10) Tifa

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Playing FF7 remake has me nostalgic, still remembering playing FF7 on the PS1 but never finishing cause it was too long. Square really understands how to create the game outside the game, I could watch the cutscenes and character interactions as much as playing the main adventure or side quests.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm really enjoying the remake, too. Combat is fun, and boy does almost everything look just spectacular. But my personal highlight definitely are the character interactions, nothing beats Cloud trying to act like a badass but failing hard :XD

Made it a bit into Chapter 4 today, but I'll put this in spoilers who those who haven't reached that point yet

It's great how they're fleshing out the characters. Jessie's backstory with her wanting to be an actor, but stopping after her father fell into a coma because of the Mako... :(

So far I think it's an amazing reimagining, very curious to see what else they've expanded and put a new spin on.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol yeah bro I swear the voice acting and interactions are legitimately gold, dying laughing most of the time. My memory outside the iconic characters on FF is super blurry, like I played FF7 and watched Advent Children but the rest of FF characters I found through Kingdom Hearts. They really did a good job on them, like Tifa acts more like a girl than Aerith imo, even though my image of them it's the complete opposite before playing the game.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Unfortunately I haven't played the game yet but from youtube videos its fairly clear everything in this is amazing. What continues to amaze me the most though remains that they managed to make aerith look like a pig next to tifa.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Choice is beyond easy. Tifa. Why would you even want both when tifa makes aerith look like a turd?

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Don't agree, the way aerith said "mine" in that scene won me over
Plus I always enjoyed aerith style more

I'm loving her especially in this remake, they really are bringing up how sassy she can be :XD

Tho I do think tifa is more for cloud so there that.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
After I'm done I'm gonna watch the playthrough for Crisis Core and prob rewatch Advent Children, this game got me more emotional than i remember. Everytime I think of Biggs and Jessie it feels like I got hit with a brick. The Ulimatania is dropping tomorrow and that akitamochi girl who talks MHA is posting the info on her twitter

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I really enjoyed FF7 Remake.

The game had good VA I played on normal in English then hard in french and both were top notch quality.

The combat is great especially in hard mode when every materia and accessory/customization counts. You can't grind to win since the level cap is only at 50.

By the way I am 100% team Tifa but you guys are just mean with Aerith she is 100% a legit choice and her interractions with Cloud were definetly some of the best moments in the story.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't believe I really binged Crisis Core, Advent Children (again), and Last Order ova in the last 5 days. About to check Dirge of Cerberus soon. I can deadass say after being consumed with FF the last 2 weeks that I really appreciate the more mature tone of FF compared to Kingdom Hearts? The character interactions hit differently and the story is way easier to follow. And Tifa. She's like Aqua to me, her appearance alone makes everything interesting. But i'd still take KH 9 times outta 10 cause it's a perfect combination of everything.