Year Round - The Football/Soccer Thread v4 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v4

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Juventus can't afford to lose all three of those players. Pirlo was recently spotted at a NYCFC match sitting with Lampard but that could be anything to be fair. The whole Pogba saga seems to be all over the place, with the strongest rumours being a massive 90million euros move to Barca or a player + cash move to Chelsea. No word from the player himself though.

Ramos to Man Utd, now that seems like it's drawing to a conclusion; seems Utd have tabled a bid for £29m.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Really? The media here pretty much all but confirmed that Pirlo was signing with NYCFC

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I'm not following the news too carefully but AFAIK it was just speculation.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Allegri confirmed Pirlo will leave this summer and probably to the MLS

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It seems Arsenal are not interested in Vidal anymore :pout

Bayern signed Douglas Costa

Turan close to Barcelona move :?bunny

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

It seems Turan might be heading to Chelsea. Hope Athletico can keep Griezman.
Also Miranda to Inter is completed.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Higuain is a football player
Explain this

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Higuain is the true successor of one and only Lord Bendtner.

I don't get why he's always chosen over Tevez. Tata need to stop picking Higuain and Lavezzi for the team. Icardi is a better option IMO.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Higuain is the true successor of one and only Lord Bendtner.

I don't get why he's always chosen over Tevez. Tata need to stop picking Higuain and Lavezzi for the team. Icardi is a better option IMO.
Dybala and Vietto are good too
Lavezzi + Higuain should gtfo too

Also I don't understand... Messi barely got the ball yesterday, but Pastore had the luxury or getting the ball and running with it only to lose it over and over ?
It's sad but, this Argentina team doesn't play as a team, everyone tries to do too much

Di Maria always does too much dribbles, doesn't pass in the right time, same for Messi at some instances too, it's annoying

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
USA! USA! USA!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So many goals at such an early stage...looks like Japan just crumble from the get go.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Barcelona sign Arda. The club with a transfer ban is one of the most active in the transfer window.

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Casillas is probably gonna be transferred to Porto. And this morning there was also some news regarding Drogba coming as well. I am not really sold on the latter, but it seems like this situation might be due to the fact that we might be sponsored by some big company (Samsung or Huawei) and one of the demands was that 1/2 really famous players had to be brought in.

Regarding the veracity of this i am not really sure, but i think Casillas can be a nice add to the team honestly. Helton is already really old, and while i think at this moment he is probably superior to Casillas, we can't forget Casillas was one of the best goalkeepers not that long time ago. The pressure on Madrid, together with other factors probably didn't help him at all in order to get back to his shape but i think that's possible. Just look to Julio Cesar case, he was one of the best players on Benfica this season.

Helton doesnt seem to be a choice, but there's no question that Casillas personally is a big improvement over Fabiano that fucked us multiples times last season.

jasonnorin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Arsenal is still interested in signing Vidal but the latter has yet to transfer from Juventus. Wenger is eager to have Vidal on the team especially now that the gunners are trying to rebuild their midfield. As of writing, Arturo Vidal is still under Juventus.

Last edited:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Why ?

Still better than Sterling lol.
I don't trust Brendan's sanity
But yes, Liverpool really tricked City into buying Sterling with that price

Rikudobito

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't trust Brendan's sanity
But yes, Liverpool really tricked City into buying Sterling with that price
I'm a Liverpool supporter but I must admit, we ain't good at buying players, but we're really good at selling players at the "right" price lol. Sterling's true value is probably worth half of the price he was sold for IMO and I'm being generous.

People always say that Brendan is clueless, which is kind of true sometimes to be honest. I find Ibe to be a better player Sterling at times. He's got what Sterling has but Sterling doesn't have what he has. Ibe is physically stronger than Sterling. I'd even say that Ibe is also more dynamic and Sterling often tends to do completely unnecessary things which will make him lose possession of the ball and he's also a poor goal scorer.

United wouldn't have scored their first goal in the 3-0 victory if Sterling had netted the goal since the action which led to United's first goal was a result of Sterling's awful shot which was saved by De Gea.

EDIT: By chance, are you a Liverpool fan ?

Last edited:

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Genius to sell Sterling at that price...Insanity to buy Benteke at that price. Maybe he'll come good, maybe not...at least we didn't buy Higuain :noworry

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm a Liverpool supporter but I must admit, we ain't good at buying players, but we're really good at selling players at the "right" price lol. Sterling's true value is probably worth half of the price he was sold for IMO and I'm being generous.

People always say that Brendan is clueless, which is kind of true sometimes to be honest. I find Ibe to be a better player Sterling at times. He's got what Sterling has but Sterling doesn't have what he has. Ibe is physically stronger than Sterling. I'd even say that Ibe is also more dynamic and Sterling often tends to do completely unnecessary things which will make him lose possession of the ball and he's also a poor goal scorer.

United wouldn't have scored their first goal in the 3-0 victory if Sterling had netted the goal since the action which led to United's first goal was a result of Sterling's awful shot which was saved by De Gea.

EDIT: By chance, are you a Liverpool fan ?
Not a fan, but kinda amazed at seeing Liverpool in such a situation tbh
I'm more like a Barça fan instead

Brendan strikes me as the type of dude who may be good tactical wise, but has poor man management, and a successful manager is someone who's tactically good and can manage his men well

The more Brendan stays in Liverpool, the shittier the club will be, they're giving a lunatic to right to waste money for nothing. He should've been sacked this summer considering the players they bought and wasted money on, and the same again will happen this summer. And Liverpool isn't United when it comes to their economic power

Top 3 will be between Chelsea/Arsenal/City... Although Pellegrini and City owners proved themselves to be fools so far with their recruitement policy