Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 100 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Pew pew boum ratatatatata.

Just for graphics :

Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Here is a compilation of the April's Fool pranks that the game industries did.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Bioshock Infinite -> Game of the Year. We are just the beginning of april but I just don't see anything with the potential to do better than this.

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
Aah sorry Benelori, Disney just closed LucasArst (omg), fired everyone and canceled every projects. So no Star Wars 1313 among others. But there is still hope, maybe, Disney decided it's safer to call an external development team, maybe they'll transfer this game project to another one, but a game is rarely good after such an operation.

Oh well LucasArts hasn't done anything good for a long time anyway.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aah sorry Benelori, Disney just closed LucasArst (omg), fired everyone and canceled every projects. So no Star Wars 1313 among others. But there is still hope, maybe, Disney decided it's safer to call an external development team, maybe they'll transfer this game project to another one, but a game is rarely good after such an operation.

How odd is it that my first thought when I heard Lucas Arts was closing was ..

"What about Monkey Island!!!"

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Supposedly Sony will have another PS4 launch event this month or May.

---------- Post added April 04, 2013 at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was April 03, 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

Another Durango rumor: in order to start a game, you need to have an online connection.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Can anyone tell me if Bioshock Infinte is worth playing on the console? I tend to play First Person games on the PC because I find it to be easier and more intuitive, but my PC is nowhere near that powerful to be able to play the game so I'm thinking about playing it on my PS3.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Can anyone tell me if Bioshock Infinte is worth playing on the console? I tend to play First Person games on the PC because I find it to be easier and more intuitive, but my PC is nowhere near that powerful to be able to play the game so I'm thinking about playing it on my PS3.
I played it on PS3. It's not like you're playing agaisnt others. So, it doesn't matter that much if you are not as precise as with a mouse.
Plus the game is easy to beat in normal mode (death doesn't mean anything in the game, you have a generating shield (borderlands-like) & you have extremely powerful powers + an helpful sidekick).

Finally, Bioshock Infinite is to be played for the story & for the ambiance. Anyway, it's the game of the year. Just look at the score on metacritics.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is another Durango rumor: the console will be announced on May 21st and supposedly will be out in early November. The base/standard system will cost $500 while the subscription model will cost $300 (you will pay a monthly subscription fee for this one). It also mentions about always-on internet connection as well.

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
How odd is it that my first thought when I heard Lucas Arts was closing was ..

"What about Monkey Island!!!"
Aah Monkey Island, awesomness.
LucasArts was truly the AAA company when it cames to adventure games, most of them didn't get old. I was aware of revamped (graphics) Monkey Island but not a new game from the licence I believe ?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aah Monkey Island, awesomness.
LucasArts was truly the AAA company when it cames to adventure games, most of them didn't get old. I was aware of revamped (graphics) Monkey Island but not a new game from the licence I believe ?
Yeah, sadly Lucas Arts wasn't doing much with the story of Guybrush Threepwood either. Which is a pity.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

:scry

Yeah...I was actually awake when the news hit the internet...first thought was indeed 1313, but it seemed like they hit some sort of barrier with that game within Lucasarts...

I actually hope for external developers....and maaan....do I hope Obsidian will take on a project:wtf

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to The Verge, Microsoft will reveal its new console on May 21st. Apparently the software will be based on Window 8, but we'll find out if that rumor is true (along with the others).

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, sadly Lucas Arts wasn't doing much with the story of Guybrush Threepwood either. Which is a pity.
It's a damn pitty that they didn't get to make 1313, but the great heads from the 90s were all in other companies already, the last great games were the Star Wars: Jedi Knight series. Neither Battlefront nor Kotor were made by them, they only acted as publishers, the Force Unleashed games were shit and shat upon canon.

If any of the rumors are true regarding always online, I'm pretty sure to turn into a Sony man next gen. I hope they get their act together, don't need a share button.

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
Batman : Arkham Origins
A little coverage about the prequel of Batman : Arkham Asylum and Batman : Arkham City :

It is supposed to happen during the 50's (how... ? The timeline doesn't make sense for now >.>), and it is not developed by Rocksteady this time but by Warner Bros Montreal.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
EA got Consumerist's America's Worst Company again:fail....but it shows you the reach of the internet I guess...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
EA got Consumerist's America's Worst Company again:fail....but it shows you the reach of the internet I guess...
Yeah, they really need to do better with PR. It's been a long run of bad news.

Bioware public image is not great thanks to Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, and Mass Effect 3; and the general insanity of their DLC price structure. Then Maxis screwed the proverbial pooch with the Sim City launch which blows back on them even though every source I've heard says EA had nothing to do with that. They also need to hurry up an apologize to Valve. Lord knows I have my reservations about Steam but it is vastly VASTLY superior to Origin but EA continues to force gamers to use that annoying thing.

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, they really need to do better with PR. It's been a long run of bad news.

Bioware public image is not great thanks to Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, and Mass Effect 3; and the general insanity of their DLC price structure. Then Maxis screwed the proverbial pooch with the Sim City launch which blows back on them even though every source I've heard says EA had nothing to do with that. They also need to hurry up an apologize to Valve. Lord knows I have my reservations about Steam but it is vastly VASTLY superior to Origin but EA continues to force gamers to use that annoying thing.
To be fair, Steam was also annoying and has been forced to us at its beginning. EA just hopes that the trend will be the same for Origin.
EA should apologize to Valve for what ? It seems I missed something.

Another news : Rocksteady is actually working in the next episode of Batman (and the project is over soon), that's why the prequel is under another dev team's responsability.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be fair, Steam was also annoying and has been forced to us at its beginning. EA just hopes that the trend will be the same for Origin.
EA should apologize to Valve for what ? It seems I missed something.

Another news : Rocksteady is actually working in the next episode of Batman (and the project is over soon), that's why the prequel is under another dev team's responsability.
Their fight began over dlc for Dragon Age 2, I think. Basically Bioware refused to sell any DLC through steam, the idea being that people download the game through steam and then have to go to some separate thing to get any dlc and patches and such. This was inconvenient for Valve so they basically said "Look you can either sell you games through us or not". And pulled the store listings for any EA game that did that. It's why you can't buy Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, or Sim City on there.

One of the reasons for the strong shift to Origin has be this dispute. They basically got the door slammed on them by the most popular PC game download interface out there.

While I have mixed feelings about steam itself (let's just say I'm no excited about the steambox) but the truth is that steam has gained it's standing by selling PC games from all over at low prices with greater convenience for the gamer. Most of what they sell isn't actually Valve's either. As long as EA only deals in EA properties through Origin they can't do the same because they are mostly selling what they own. So it just seems like EA is making gamers jump through hoops to purchase their products instead of providing a service, which is the PR image steam has.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong though. I don't think EA is actually even close to the worst company in America but it doesn't surprise me at all they got voted that way again. I don't think it's the worst company in gaming industry either. (Square-Enix would be my pick for that award, though I hope their new CEO can turn it around.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.