The HipHop Thread | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The HipHop Thread

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Mmmhh... have to go through it few times more, but atm it's not as good as Man of the Moon The End of Days..

Please Don't Play This Song Ft. MJB best track for me so far.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Seriously. Almost every hiphop track feat. MJB is awesome. I have yet to find one "bad", although there are a couple "average". But they are often the highlight of the EP's...

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Man, the Chorus of this track is fucking epic. Wanna know what it sounds like when I'm not on drugs? Please, please don't play this song. R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-right tryin to get my mind my mind my mind right. :woo

Marijuanan is an other wicked song. REVOFEV is bäh.. was already annoying me when it popped up few months ago, and the fact that is got on the LP makes it even worse for me..

Oh and about MJB. I find the other track with her is one of those 'avarge' songs. These Worries. It's not bad, really, but have not find anything special about it yet either..

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Runaway on Kanye's new album is freaking awesome in my opinion, or well the actual "music" is, the lyrics themselves aren't anything special.

I've listened through the album now (yes I'm illegal heh) and overall it's a good album. Nothing awesomebbq but pretty good. At least it has a few really decent tracks that I will listen to many times unlike his previous album which I threw in the toilet, dropped a poop at it, spat on it and flushed it down without even having listened to 50% of it.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Anybody hear watch/listen to Grindtime?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
No, Im still on Cudis and Kanyes shit :D

what'd Grindtime be anyway?

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Its a American battle rap league. Its probably the best battle rap league in the world. They have some amazing talent in it, but whats funny is that it easily has some of the best rappers lyrically but threes a saying "battle rappers cant make music". lmao Which does seem to have some truth in it, which is why some of them are rather unknown to the community at large.

Anyway, Grizzlemania 2 happened a couple of months back. And the videos are starting to pop up, so i wondering if people saw any so far.

Last edited:

Sema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
anyone listens to Joe Budden. The Mood Muzik 4 Tape is fire. My top 3 songs are Inseperable, Aftermath and 1000 faces. For those who don't listen to Joe Budden give him a chance. My favourite mixtape of the Mood Muzik Series is Mood Muzik 2.

Rosebullet Teacher

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Im a purist type hip-hop head but i treat it as my religion so i keep tryna find stuff i missed cos i was a kid, top 5 MCs no order cept number 1:
(1)MF DOOM
Ghostface Killah
NaS
BlackThought
Tumi from a band in South Africa(Tumi & the Volume)they tour a lot maybe you guys have heard of em.

At the moment im banging some DJ joints like Roc Raida(RIP), old Premier instrumentals, old Shadow & Rob Swift, & 90s stuff that went unnoticed like Blahzay Blahzay, OC & just the whole DITC, Artifacts, Jeru, KMD(DOOMS old squad Subroc RIP)definitely Black Moon oh & I slept on The DOC.

Cats from my country i feel, AQ & Thir[13]teen, Archetypes, Writers Block, Tumi & The Volume Revivolution(squad im in)

New cats i feel, Blu even though when he performed here he couldnt handle his liquor, Madlib for the music much more than the lyrics, Edan, Flying Lotus though thats more instrolike

Btw Dont sleep on Bliss N Eso from Australia

FuS

I cant give Distant Relatives a critical review as i havent got that into it, but my major flaw with it is that it was too clean! Not on some street shit but the production felt too packaged. Esp when artists like this get together its easy to get into formulas of expectation like lets make the save Africa song which others, including themselves have made earlier & better. As We Enter felt like both of them saying "I can exist in this space you created" a dope type of mental flexing very equal, but then the album gets a bit too onesided cos NaS is just an MC but Jr Gong got more to choose from so you get more of him & NaS ends up sounding like the guest rapper guy on r&b songs who only spits 1 16 at the end of the joint.

Its not a bad album so i think il re-dab it

FuS

Ps. Oh shit & I like Mr Lif too

Last edited:

Sema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Anyone here listen to Curren$y. I have listened to the Pilot Talk albums and the Return to the Winners mixtape and they are all dope material. If you have'nt check it.

warbandit66

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone familiar with Childish Gambino (Donald Glover AKA Troy from Community)? His new album 'Camp' dropped today.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
You guys should check this out, I know I'm not really active in the Hip Hop thread anymore, or well, never really became active, but it's a good friend of mine and he is finally putting a CD out there, here's a teaser.

He's called, M. Pyre and the EP is called, Pyromatic EP.

Download here. 10 songs.

Teubier

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Reunion
^ Kept Brainwashed / Forbidden Fruits / Going in circles, 3/10 is pretty good in my book, since I'm kinda harsh on hip-hop music (mostly bored by this century's productions). Really enjoying those three tracks, specially Brainwashed, solid work on this one imho. Good luck to him, and I wish for him to enjoy it thoroughly.

Thanks for sharing :^_^

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I have to say I am really looking forward to Kendrick Lamars new album, good kid, m.A.A.d city. I think its going to be fucking amazing.

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't know there was a hip hop thread :) Anyway I am a big fan of Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy. I cant wait to get his new album later this month. Funny thing is people are still sleeping on K Dot.

Saint Markus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finished listening to Lupe Fiasco's new LP. There's only like 6 songs I'm really digging.

I didn't like "Freedom Ain't Free" track the most. The sample kind of ruined the message he was trying to get out.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I liked lupe's new album, but nowhere near as much as his previous albums.

I just heard this today from the soundtrack to RZA's new martial arts film thats coming out, The man with the iron fists.

---------- Post added October 22, 2012 at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM ----------

I have to say I am really looking forward to Kendrick Lamars new album, good kid, m.A.A.d city. I think its going to be fucking amazing.
And it is more than that. Holy SHIT! This is just too dope.

Last edited by a moderator:

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good Kid m.A.A.d city is out people. If you haven't purchased it yet do so immediately because the entire album is freaking dope #GKMC #BLACKHIPPY

Here's one song I like off there

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

---------- Post added December 27, 2012 at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was December 26, 2012 at 08:03 PM ----------