The HipHop Thread | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The HipHop Thread

Sema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The tracks I have heard so far from the Nas & Damien Marley album are very good. It has a high probability of reaching platinum status. The new single from the upcoming Eminem album is good. I liked some tracks on Relapse but overall the album was/is a letdown. The Recovery album is looking very promising.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just WOW! Distant Relatives LP is hands down my favourite album of 2010 so far. Absolutely amazing! Nas & Damian Marley - Tribal War ft. K'naan

I'm definitely getting this album when it comes out here in the UK. The reviews have been positive and the rumours are already spreading that this LP will become a classic. I think it's destined to become a classic. :nod

Weapon_X

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Just WOW! Distant Relatives LP is hands down my favourite album of 2010 so far. Absolutely amazing! Nas & Damian Marley - Tribal War ft. K'naan

I'm definitely getting this album when it comes out here in the UK. The reviews have been positive and the rumours are already spreading that this LP will become a classic. I think it's destined to become a classic. :nod
Dude, that song is just epic. I am getting this album ASAP!

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. I got the LP a couple of weeks ago. Pure awesomeness. Damian & Nas definitely cooked up and fused the right balance of reggae and hip hop throughout the whole LP. Tribal War Feat. K'naan was amazing! Great lyrics. I can't wait to see them live; they're coming to the UK this summer...I need to get tickets! :yelling

I love the beat of "Patience". That vocal sample just takes you into a whole new world. Eminem's Recovery LP is coming out soon. I'm definitely going to get that one. :nod

Recent tunes I've been listening to:

- Scarface - Guess Who's Back Feat. Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel (One of my favourite Kanye beats :cool:)
- Masta Ace - Good Ol' Love
- Area Codes - Ludacris
- The Dream - Rockin' That Thang (Remix) Feat. Fabolous, Juelz Santana, Rick Ross, & Ludacris
- B.O.B Feat. Hayley Williams & Eminem - Airplanes
- The Game - Angel Feat. Common

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Eminem's Recovery LP is coming out soon. I'm definitely going to get that one. :nod
Speaking of which.. ^^

Found a leak few hrs ago and am diggin it since then.
Favorite tracks so far would be Talkin' 2 Myself (ft. Kobe), On Fire, No Love (ft. Lil'Wayne) (Headaway sample lolz) and Love The Way You Lie (ft. Rihanna). The rest seems to be pretty mighty as well, but these are the songs that sounded the best to me so far.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Can you poke me the leak on live?

On another note, hands down to distant relatives, I love this type of hip-hop. It's so relaxed and the lyrics are superb. Way better thank 95% of the mainstream shit that the "gangstas" produce nowdays... half of the media hiphop is embarrasing damn it...

Anyone who's laid their hands on Wax & Dumbfounded's LP?

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Speaking of which.. ^^

Found a leak few hrs ago and am diggin it since then.
Favorite tracks so far would be Talkin' 2 Myself (ft. Kobe), On Fire, No Love (ft. Lil'Wayne) (Headaway sample lolz) and Love The Way You Lie (ft. Rihanna). The rest seems to be pretty mighty as well, but these are the songs that sounded the best to me so far.
Oh yes, the leak is fucking awesome. This album deserves to be better then Encore album, it deserves to be in with his previous albums. The old Eminem is back, Talkin' 2 Myself is my fav. :)

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Overall, Eminem's Recovery LP was alright imo. It didn't give me the satisfaction and enjoyment that his previous LP's did; most notably for me was and still is The Eminem Show. Talkin' To Myself Feat. Kobe is the best track on Recovery imo. DJ Khalil did a fricking awesome job with the beat and Kobe is a beast on the chorus. I still haven't gotten use to Em's new vocals; I find that to be one of the problems with both Relaspe & Recovery. Yes, our voices change over time (sound-wise) but I guess taking so many drugs fk'd it up even more?

It was great to see so many producers outside of the Aftermath camp getting a submission or two in on Em's project and it was quite interesting to hear how Eminem changed his flow and lyrical arrangement to go with the "modern day hip hop" sound. I still find that Boi1da producer should stop using Fruity Loops (FL Studios) to make his beats and go with something better and more professional. He definitely has talent but I feel that he'll have a lot more potential and success if he expands his musical tools. FL limits real musicians imho.

What was missing? Eminem's own production capabilities. I feel that Dre is backing away from Em very slowly...I wonder what the future holds for them both once/if Detox gets released.

@ Sema - I will check out Madvillain's new stuff soon. He rarely disappoints the street/underground fans.

@ Blai & goldb - I'm glad you guys like the Distant Relatives LP! Definitely, one of my favourite LP's of all time. So what song(s) do you like the most?

Last edited:

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm going to keep myself short.

Patience,
My Generation,
As We Enter,
Nah Mean,
In His Own Words.

Top 5, in order.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in no particular order:

As We Enter, Leaders, Land of Promise, In His Own Words, Nah Mean, Patience.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Top 5 on Distant Relatives LP:

- Africa Must Wake Up
- Tribes at War
- Patience
- Nah Mean
- In His Own Words

Top 5 on Plastic Beach LP:

- On Melancholy Hill
- Stylo
- Empire Ants
- Glitter Freeze
- White Flag/ Superfast Jellyfish

I can't wait for the release of Big Boi's new LP; Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty. Check it out > Shutterbug. :cool:

Sema

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Top 5 on Distant Relatives LP:

- Africa Must Wake Up
- Tribes at War
- Patience
- Nah Mean
- In His Own Words

Top 5 on Plastic Beach LP:

- On Melancholy Hill
- Stylo
- Empire Ants
- Glitter Freeze
- White Flag/ Superfast Jellyfish

I can't wait for the release of Big Boi's new LP; Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty. Check it out > Shutterbug. :cool:
Shutterbug is dope. I havent had time to listen to the Big Boi album. I will probably listen to it this weekend. The new The Roots album is fire. There are no skippable tracks. It is that good. As for Madvillain, I have only listen to Papermill and the mix done by J. Rocc.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone! It's been a while. Damn, this thread never gets the love it deserves. :( Just to let you guys know that MH has a Music Thread as well; for all genres, etc.

@ Sema - Dude! What's up!? Long time no see. Anyway, yea Shutterbug is awesome; you should definitley check the music video out. :thumbs

You should at least give Big Boi's new LP a try. I like some of the songs not all of them though. >< If I had to choose one track from his new LP that I really like, I would choose Train Pt. 2!

Sema

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hey everyone! It's been a while. Damn, this thread never gets the love it deserves. :( Just to let you guys know that MH has a Music Thread as well; for all genres, etc.

@ Sema - Dude! What's up!? Long time no see. Anyway, yea Shutterbug is awesome; you should definitley check the music video out. :thumbs

You should at least give Big Boi's new LP a try. I like some of the songs not all of them though. >< If I had to choose one track from his new LP that I really like, I would choose Train Pt. 2!
Yeah its been a long time. This thread isn't that active. I should have posted earlier. Hope you are doing fine.
I just listened to the album is good. I think I will like it more when I listen to it more. My favourite track is Daddy Fat Sax. Check The Roots new album How I Got Over. All the tracks are great.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah its been a long time. This thread isn't that active. I should have posted earlier. Hope you are doing fine.
I just listened to the album is good. I think I will like it more when I listen to it more. My favourite track is Daddy Fat Sax. Check The Roots new album How I Got Over. All the tracks are great.
I'm doing well thanks, Sema. Glad to see you again in this non-active thread alongside myself. :XD

Yeah, I heard The Roots new LP is pretty good. I haven't had the chance to listen to it at present but I'll definitely check it out asap. :)

Black Thought on the mic and Questlove on the drums...real hip hop baby. :cool:

warbandit66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody else looking forward to Kanye's new album? I'm eagerly anticipating it's release.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
gotta check out Kid Cudi, Neyo and Nelly first, before concentrating on Kanye :P
Heard some -quite ok- leaks already though... nothing too stunning or else, but not bad either.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Heard Kid Cudi's latest album this week. Got a couple of good tracks, nothing new, was kinda "meh" throughout it. But that's just me.