The HipHop Thread | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The HipHop Thread

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's less than mediocre, and prom queen is one of the top tracks.... it's also a track which I find very disgusting.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well yeah. I was talking about Prom Queen myself which's soso and yet the second best song on Rebirth :D

Anyways.. why talking about that crapy album again, it got bashed two pages ago already :ü

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Prom Queen is one of the worst tracks on the album if you ask me, it's disgusting.

Drop the World is the best damn thing on there. I can't even remember what other tracks I enjoyed a bit, been quite a while since I listened to that shit.

But I can still remember the song Get A Life, I enjoyed that very much. Mainly because I'm totally into that kind of pop music from way back ('50's). Although it's more Trash Punk Rock-pop here.. T_T

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Lemme check the tracklist :tem

You liked On Fire, Runnin and One Way Trip iirc. Dunno.. I think one or two of the bonus tracks were ok, aswell. but too lazy to open the library :x

I used to think Prom Queen's disgusting aswell, but after going through it three/four times it started sound kinda.. better ;D

SOOO..... anything else to discuss besides Rebirth? :D
How bout mmhh.. Chipmunk?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drop the World is the only song that's fricking awesome on the Rebirth LP...the rest of the tracks are just bs. Anyway, enough of the weezy fool....

:err Chipmunk? If you mean the UK Mc/Rapper...well.. :barf... he was an excellent Mc/performer in the underground scene but this pop-crap his making is just trash. It's highly unlikely that he'll make a true hip hop lp on a major record deal/label..well here in the UK at least. *I don't see him breaking in the states :XD*

No rapper over here has truly represented the UK in the hip hop/grime scene imo. Lowkey & Sway Dasafo are probably the only two who I have huge respect for. I give credit to Klashnekoff & Giggs *to a certain extent* as well.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more from Jay Electronica! I think he has huge potential... maybe not in the commercial scene but defintely for the true hip hop fans around the world!:tem

Poneglyph420

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
ANyone who likes that grimy 90's east coast sound should check out Classified's new album... Especialy the track O Canada... simple and awesome!

Lil wayne.. shit I play that when asked at gigs, but not for enjoyment.....

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Poneglyph420! :tem

Are you a DJ? :blink Yea, Self Explanatory was a good LP! 'O Canada' is strong and 'They Call This Hip Hop' was a dope track too! :cool:

warbandit66

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worst thing is you're going to be playing Lil Wayne like crazy with his new project out. The moment I heard that I thought to myself "damn... this is going to be played everywhere now". I mean all them people on his label are awful, spitting their nonsense lyrics and ryhmes as weak as piss, Tyga and Gudda are the worst by far and that's saying something when compared to the rest.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Check out Prop Dylan and Promoe's tracks. Best swedes out there after Ken Ring, they speak the truth. Can't listen to one song of them without reflecting what they say to Sweden and the flaws in the government policies. Best political rappers in northern europe, and the most underrated one

Poneglyph420

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hey Poneglyph420! :tem

Are you a DJ? :blink Yea, Self Explanatory was a good LP! 'O Canada' is strong and 'They Call This Hip Hop' was a dope track too! :cool:
Yea bud, that's how I pay the bills.. that and a DJ school where I teach.

I'm loving "They call this Hip Hop"..
But recently I've been getting back into my 90's shit..
Really into KRS again at the moment.

But sadly the market and not the movement is what most are after.

iThePirate

Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
fuck saw ra the ruggedman and jedi mind tricks live. fuckin brilliant. uncommon valor live, jmt classics n whatnot. legendary.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@ Sema - Jake one is a dope producer! :cool: I'm going to buy the Stimulus Package on wax and cd this week!!! :nuts

Cuban Linx 2 is a dope lp. I loved the house of flying daggers video! :tem Surgical Gloves is a crazy track too!

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Prom Queen is actually awesome... just listened to it.

Sema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
@ Sema - Jake one is a dope producer! :cool: I'm going to buy the Stimulus Package on wax and cd this week!!! :nuts

Cuban Linx 2 is a dope lp. I loved the house of flying daggers video! :tem Surgical Gloves is a crazy track too!
I just heard there is a new CunninLynguist album, Kno album and a Deacon The Villain and Sheisty Khrist album this year. Hopefully there will be a Natti album this year.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:hi5

Yep. Tinie Tempah is dope. Pass Out is a really good tune. :thumbs

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country