Discussion - The "How Much Time Do You Spend on the Computer" Thread | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The "How Much Time Do You Spend on the Computer" Thread

Hanihime

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm not actually telling how long, but it's too much D:

mak123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
4-5 hours XD. Usually i use my pc after lunch for 2 hours (to do homeworks or to study) and after dinner for 2-3 hours (to play/watch anime). Now that i'm on "holiday", i use it half an hour in the morning too (just becouse i wake up 1 hour before the lunch XD9

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Way too much lately,but that's also because i had to work a lot with it.
Holidays are coming up,so i'll use that opportunity to reduce the time i spend to 1-3 hours.

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not as much as I used to. I work like 55 hour work weeks. But on my down time, I'll crash and spend about 4 hours on the net daily.

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Alll free time. Pathetically sad. Lol

Rikudou Sennin

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The question should be : How much time do you not spend on the computer?

Now on a serious note.

Depends on. Real time I spent on it is about 2 hours daily. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, technically I don't spend much time at all on the computer. However, I'm always on the net on my cell phone even when I'm out so dunno what to say to that lol.

Rikudou Sennin

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, technically I don't spend much time at all on the computer. However, I'm always on the net on my cell phone even when I'm out so dunno what to say to that lol.
Please mark the correct awnser (quizmaster voice):

A: Time online 24/7
B: What is a cell phone ( I dont have a computer)
C: Poop:blink

Uhhhh:D:p

On a serious note. Who, besides me perhaps, has no smart phone and could be online anywhere anytime?!!

Last edited:

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
A: I ain't online 24/7, but when I'm out I may frequently go on the internet for one reason or the other.

B: I don't mean a particular brand of phone. A cell phone isn't any different to your typical hand held electronic device used to make calls.

I use the Motorola Droid and Iphone but only use the latter for apps really. Both are smart phones :D

Rikudou Sennin

Reaction score
Country
Germany
A: I ain't online 24/7, but when I'm out I may frequently go on the internet for one reason or the other.

B: I don't mean a particular brand of phone. A cell phone isn't any different to your typical hand held electronic device used to make calls.

I use the Motorola Droid and Iphone but only use the latter for apps really. Both are smart phones :D

Two smart phones. Haha , great :D

The "quiz" was just a joke, but.....I figured it wasnt as funny as I thought a day ago:oh

Beeing able to go to the net, anywhere,anytime is a good thing. But its also not positive, since we get to used too much to the internet and stuff, thats what I think.

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, that quiz was kinda weird :p

Smart phones are kinda common nowadays, though. I don't really know anybody that doesn't use one, but there are probably many people I guess.

Unless you are alluding to the fact that it could be time consuming, I don't think it's really a disadvantage that people get used to using the internet. I don't think using the internet can ever really be qualified as an 'addiction' in that sense because that implies that people become psychologically dependent on it. They may very well get 'used to it' but at the end of the day, it is nothing more than mere familiarity with it because people continue using the internet because it meets their needs in every possible way a global connection of interconnected networks could. Disadvantages like possible security hazards does not hold a candle to what people can gain through using the internet.

What people do on the internet is arbitrary but for me personally, I am always on google in an attempt to enhance my general knowledge. I've gained in depth knowledge in certain topics simply because of the easy access I have to the internet almost anywhere.

It's things like facebook that albeit people finding them boring or utterly useless, they keep coming back to it, wasting their time. I ain't proud to say that I was once one of those suckers lol.

Rikudou Sennin

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, that quiz was kinda weird :p

Smart phones are kinda common nowadays, though. I don't really know anybody that doesn't use one, but there are probably many people I guess.

Unless you are alluding to the fact that it could be time consuming, I don't think it's really a disadvantage that people get used to using the internet. I don't think using the internet can ever really be qualified as an 'addiction' in that sense because that implies that people become psychologically dependent on it. They may very well get 'used to it' but at the end of the day, it is nothing more than mere familiarity with it because people continue using the internet because it meets their needs in every possible way a global connection of interconnected networks could. Disadvantages like possible security hazards does not hold a candle to what people can gain through using the internet.

What people do on the internet is arbitrary but for me personally, I am always on google in an attempt to enhance my general knowledge. I've gained in depth knowledge in certain topics simply because of the easy access I have to the internet almost anywhere.

It's things like facebook that albeit people finding them boring or utterly useless, they keep coming back to it, wasting their time. I ain't proud to say that I was once one of those suckers lol.
I understand what you mean and I have to agree. It depends on what you do on the internet, even though I think we loose to much real social contact (like talking face to face) because of the internet which offers facebook and so on. (that was your point too.)

But the computer itself can make you addicted. If you spend more than 5 hours , what is the use? And how can someone call that normal?:o

Wait...perhaps I am no normal person :s :p

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree that being on the computer too much could be detrimental to one's social life.

Nah, I’d say you were normal. You seem like you organize your time well and do not like to spend too much time on anything which is good :thumbs

Rikudou Sennin

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, I agree that being on the computer too much could be detrimental to one's social life.

Nah, I’d say you were normal. You seem like you organize your time well and do not like to spend too much time on anything which is good :thumbs
Yeah, thanks ;)

Well it depends on. Sometimes I am spending a long time on my computer, because I found something interesting (like middleage history or something):amuse

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Same here.
I sometimes happen to click on a link,which leads to an interesting topic.Then i end up spending an hour or more researching...for nothing actually:XD

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That's actually what Mangahelpers has been doing to me..and so is myanimelist and a few other forums.
I'm always lurking and reading about people's opinions about this and that episode or this and that scene or this and that newly released game.

Of course..all of them wasted my time..and the knowledge never ever comes in handy :oh

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Way too much in comparison to the amount of type I should be using to study...The numbers are opposite. Since I live on residence, I can't really do much except hang around campus or with friends or stay at home and be a hermit in which case I would be raving over my computer anyways. My days are generally 12-14 hours long so 95% of that time is spent on the computer XD

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Now i'm spending almost 10h a day ... but adding the cellphone I guess it's 13h. Although, not a forums addict anymore. :XD

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now i'm spending almost 10h a day ... but adding the cellphone I guess it's 13h. Although, not a forums addict anymore. :XD
That kinda changed for me as well.Compared to some months or years ago,I'm barely active on MH.I'm more active on fb now,but I'm using the computer less all together.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm at home, I'm on my laptop; that's how it works for me. Whether that be Facebook, MH, wikia pages, tumblr, or just my hard drive. I need to seriously lower the amount of hours I spent here.
Especially the last 3 weeks I've been on here more and more often. Usually when I'm working 9-6pm and come home, I'm too tired to use the computer, so I just eat and relax...but having 3 weeks of random work pattern and hours has given me more time to mess around on the computer :arf