Discussion - The "How Much Time Do You Spend on the Computer" Thread | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The "How Much Time Do You Spend on the Computer" Thread

kdowns

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Usually when I have any free time... I am on my computer... Except when I am dragged outside of the house...

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I guess a tablet counts... since I do the same thing with a computer: manga and MH. Mostly at school, though... the easy life of an east-Slovak student in the last year of secondary school :)

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Around 12-15 hours a day.. Not that much when the DSL line lets me down like today :-_-

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I spend at least five hours. Whether I come home from work or class, I usually open up my laptop and dick around, though I tend to multitask and play video games.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a work week, about 14 hours; since I'm on the laptop at work then I'll come home and jump straight back onto my own. I shall be cutting down on this, I fear for my eyes.( Well it's a bit late to fear, the damage is done now...)

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't know how to count, LOL~ On normal school days, when I am not at uni, when I stay at my room, my laptop will always be online except when I sleep. That means it will be around 6-8 hours per day. On holidays, it depends on my activity, but generally I'm on more to watch things or browse sites. My laptop can be online around 12 hours at such time, or more. XD

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think I have to separate between computer usage for entertainment purposes and other purposes.. Normally during weekdays I use my computer/laptop for around 1.5 hour to 3 hours for entertainment purposes (reading, foruming, browsing, etc) and up to 4 hours during weekends. As for work related stuff (college tasks, writing duties, etc) I use my computer a little bit more.. I could stay in front of my computer for 6-8 hours per day. Too bad I limit myself not to have internet connection at work :p

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think I have to separate between computer usage for entertainment purposes and other purposes.. Normally during weekdays I use my computer/laptop for around 1.5 hour to 3 hours for entertainment purposes (reading, foruming, browsing, etc) and up to 4 hours during weekends. As for work related stuff (college tasks, writing duties, etc) I use my computer a little bit more.. I could stay in front of my computer for 6-8 hours per day. Too bad I limit myself not to have internet connection at work :p
I think in fact it's good to have limitations, times when you can't use computer, so you'll be able to focus on work or study. If I imagine myself able to get a computer and connected to internet most time... I'd be distracted a lot. XD Now I have a tablet and it can connect to internet whenever I want, but since the experience is still different from using a computer/laptop I think I'll still be fine. :PP

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't know how to count, LOL~ On normal school days, when I am not at uni, when I stay at my room, my laptop will always be online except when I sleep. That means it will be around 6-8 hours per day. On holidays, it depends on my activity, but generally I'm on more to watch things or browse sites. My laptop can be online around 12 hours at such time, or more. XD
Let me help you.

How long od you use your laptop for? Not how long you leave it on, but how long you use it. Like, you can leave the laptop on for 12 hours, but actually use it for 2 hours.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
How long od you use your laptop for? Not how long you leave it on, but how long you use it. Like, you can leave the laptop on for 12 hours, but actually use it for 2 hours.
I usually turn off the laptop when I don't use it. So as long as it's on I'll always have something to do, either working on assignments or browsing around or for entertainment purpose. XD The average hour will indeed be around 6-8 hours on active day. Can be twice in weekends or holidays.

Arctigor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I'm always in front of my PC, except when I'm at school staying in front of other PCs...:D

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have been using my computer to study, so i guess i use it for more than 8h per day currently.
But i try to take break every hour to rest my eyes and stretch my legs (i take the time to water my plants, clean the room, etc).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I usually turn off the laptop when I don't use it. So as long as it's on I'll always have something to do, either working on assignments or browsing around or for entertainment purpose. XD The average hour will indeed be around 6-8 hours on active day. Can be twice in weekends or holidays.
Girl, you need to get out more. :cookiestare

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Girl, you need to get out more. :cookiestare
LOL~ I'm staying in some kind of boarding house near campus with parents at another city so I'm not allowed to go out a lot. Not to mention the assignments. Mostly I'm out on weekends.

There's always something to do about uni everyday that needs computer so I'm always on.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Poor eyes of yours, neechan. :(

[phio]I know, right? Already used glasses now. :XD[/phio]

Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't even know these days. I need a computer for work so there is that, at home I spend some time online and I have the confort of having a laptop and a seven inch tablet. I also just got an S3 phone on which I can abuse my limited data plan.... so... 24/7?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last couple of days, I've tried to limit how much I use the laptop because I'm starting to feel like it's beginning to take a toll on my eyes...finally. Wait til my dad hears of this -_-;

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At least you don't have your eyelids trembling. I had it years ago and i had to start to take breaks. :XD
But still better than having an aching wrist.