Discussion - The Inherited Will | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Inherited Will

How does this theory sound to you?

• Total voters

Kukriblades

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
THE INHERITED WILL, "ONE PIECE"

This is gonna be a very long read but I guarantee It will be worth your while.

You might have heard similar theory somewhere but I can assure you this ain’t copy of them because I made it way back then in 2008. I have been updating this theory a few times and sharing it to my fellow Indonesians on net. Been thinking to spread it to wider fanbase but I was having a hard time converting it to english(I’m not really good at it ^^; )
nevertheless, I tried and finished it... so here we go.

==============================================================================

"THE VOID CENTURY"

Let’s summarize things first :

As we know, there was an age called “The Void Century” in OP’s world timeline. Except Roger’s pirate, not a single living soul on this planet have any idea what the really happened within that gap.

However an Oharan archelogoist, Profesor Clover, had a slight hint about it. He told us that in that time there was once stood a prosperous and powerful ancient kingdom that ruled over the ocean. However, They had a certain enemy. This enemy felt threaten by the kingdoms existence and their certain ‘policy’. So then they invaded the kingdom and succeded. The kingdom was fallen to shred and somehow, the enemy managed to wipe out every single information about them from history.

Coincidentally, The end of the kingdom’s reign also marked the end of The Void Century. At the same time, an organization called The World Government was built for the first time. Clover had a theory that the WG was none other than the enemy itself.

Now let’s enter the theory :

===========================================================================

"THE HIDDEN PATTERN"

There are 3 things that cannot be stopped :

Men’s Dream
The Flow of Time
Inherited Will

As long as people continue to seek the true meaning of freedom, they will never ceased to be!

-- Gol D. Roger --

As these words first appeared in chapter 100, they seems pretty meaningless tome. I took them as nothing more than some random cool quotes.

However, as sthe story goes deeper, I realized (and some of you might have figured it out as well) that One Piece story has been consistenly following those 3 things : Man’s Dream, The Flow of Time, Inherited Will.

Let’s see :

1. Hiluluk's Sakura

Hiluluk had an impossible goal, and that was to create a panacea capable of curing all kind of diseases or ilness. however his experiments were keep failing and failing for 30 years. though eventually, Hiluluk's Sakura was bloomed, it is still not a miracle cure. Chopper who greatly respect to Dr. Hiluluk inherited these will by setting sail and joining Luffy.

2. Golden Bell of Shandorian

Two best friends parted away on the shores of Jaya. Their friendship didn’t end here, they promised to meet again someday. Calgara kept ringing the golden bell so his friend wouldn't get lost in his way there. Unfortunately, the fate decided to send Island of Jaya 10.000 m above the sky. Calgara died in the war, while Norland was executed in his hometown. Their promise were totally buried.

400 years later, a boy named Luffy succesfully found and ring the long lost bell, thus fulfilling the forgotten promise.

3. All Blue

Zeff wanted to find the legendary all blue, but a year of sailing the grand line hasn’t bear him any fruit. However he was still pretty assured that the ocean exists somewhere in this world, so he inherited his dream to Sanji, hoping that Sanji will achieve his dream someday in the future.

I only picked 3 examples, but there are actually more of them. So, anyone captured the big picture I’m getting at? or not? well, Here is what I meant :

1. in the past, there’s someone who had a certain dream/desire/promise, but for a reason or two they didn’t manage to complete it (Man’s Dream)

2. the dream was delayed for many years (The Flow of Time)

3. Eventually, there will be someone in the future who will complete his/her dream (Inherited Will)

That’s right, starting from the first chapter up till now, the storyline has ALWAYS been following this very pattern. I’m quite surprised myself, we’ve been through this pattern over and over again, though I’m sure fery few people are awared of it. I call it “the golden pattern” (because Gold Roger created it).

This made me think, wouldn’t Roger has the pattern of his own as well? My curiosity was finally answered in chapter 576.

So apperantly Roger had this will, a will that has been inherited for hundred years. And he waited for certain somoene to carry on this will… somehow it also has something to do with One Piece.

So what’s is this all about? What was Roger’s will exactly?

"ROGER’S DREAM"

The Golden Pattern (starting from here everything is 100% theory)

MEN’S DREAM
Roger’s will that Whitebeard was talking about, it actually wasn’t his original will. Roger inherited it as well from waaay back then, from 800 years ago to be precised. Yes, it was originally the will of The Ancient Kingdom (let’s call it AK from now on).

The AK was a big kingdom, it ruled over almost the whole world (just like WG does now). They apparently also had a pretty-advanced civilization. One could say that there’s almost nothing they couldn’t achieve with everthing they got at the time.

However they had an issue. As we know, the planet of OP contains of big four seas, east, west, north, and south, each were separated by the Red Line and the Grand Line. The AK saw Red Line and Grand Line as a big obstacle because they have been been preventing people from traveling from one sea to another, thus preventing the AK from reaching its full prosperity as well.

And So they made this project, an insane one, but has to be done. The project was about eliminating the Red Line and Grand Line to fuse the 4 seas into one big ocean, the united ocean. The called it the project of “One Piece”. In order to do so, they started to build some weapons which will be strong enough to destroy the red line (later called Ancient Weapons)

It turned out that not everybody was pleased by this project.. you know, politics. Some other kingdoms were totally against it, they smell a conspiracy was playing behind it. But the AK stood their ground no matter what. Guess what happened next? a huge war broke out. It’s the AK vs 20 kingdoms who were against the prject of "One Piece”.

The 20 kingdoms came out as the victor and they declared themselves as The World Government. Meanwhile the AK was reduced to shred, along with all their historiy, and the “One Piece” project was never heard again since then.

THE FLOW OF TIME
Unexpectedly, The AK has anticipated their downfall. Before the war begun they had carved historical notes on these certain metals which as hard as diamond(later called the poneglyphs) and hid them throughout the world, along with the weapons they’ve built. The AK really wanted to make sure that their desire wouldn’t die in case of anything bad happened to them.

the WG was mad with this fact and completetely prohibit any form of poneglyph dechipering.

but it's too late, the will has been passing through ages since then… silently waiting for someone to recieve the massage.

THE INHERITED WILL
800 years has passed, a pirate named Roger sucessfully reach Raftel and discovered the true history. He knows exactly what to do, but unfortunately his body didn’t allow him to… he had this incurable disease, remember? whereas the project needs a lot of power and time to complete, 2 things that Roger didn’t have that time.

Therefore, he decided to create The Golden Age of Piracy instead, hoping that there will appear someone who is strong and righteous enough to complete the massage in his place.

Who will be that ‘someone’? I think we all know the answer. :D

"THE PROJECT OF ONE PIECE"

Now… how exactly does this project work? Will fusing 4 seas into a united ocean make Luffy’s journey worthy?

Let me explain it… It’s gonna be a bit technical so I’ll include some ilustrations.

So here is roughly how the globe looks like.

Chapter 51, page 4

Chapter 71, page 4

And this is the flat(word?) version :

The idea of “One Piece” is to create a united ocean, a perfect ocean to sail. Therefore we have two jobs : fusing all the seas into one and eliminating Grand Line abnormality. GL’s abnormality? Is that even possible?

Apparently it is possible for the AK scientists. The trick is destroy a spot where every sea on the planet (north, west, east, south, grand line, new world, and calm belt) meet in one place. There is a spot like that? Actually, there are two, and both need to be destroyed. The two spots are reverse mountain and mariejoa/fishman island.

a simple ilustration :

And here is the meeting spot, the circled area one :

Think for a moment there… It made sense right? Mariejoa/fishman island also has a similar geography (minus the reverse canals).

The meeting spot are set. Next, the ancient weapons will do their job : annihilating those spots.

Ok let’s do it to reverse mountain first… FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

Even with the mighty power of the ancient weapons, the annihilation must be calculated and done correctly to get the wanted effect. If succeed, this what will happen next :

Losing a huge mass of land, The sea became even more unstable than before, a big whirlpool will appeared on the center of destruction spot, storms and tidal wave occuring everywhere. However they’re only temporary, after a couple days the raging storm shall be subsided.

And then, the magic began…

disastrous random-weather on grand line and NW suddenly doesn’t occur anymore
the magnetic field which make a normal compass useless are completely gone
Even the wind starting to blow on Calm Belt

How about sea monsters? Well, this is the time where Poseidon come to play. The Poseidon has fully taken control of the sea king and make them some kind of ‘police’ of the ocean to prevent other sea monsters from going wild. (yes I do think this is very possible)

The ideal united ocean is finally created . The project of One Piece officialy succeeded!!

But is that it???

It’s not. There’s actually one more after-effect, and it’s the most important one.

The big whirlpool that appeared after the destruction of reverse mountain, It happened because the water mass of the four seas simultaneously flowed into the center of destruction -- the place where reverse mountain was stood once. Logically, that means every kind of living things which originally lives in four seas were brought there as well. You literally could find every fish species from all over the world here.

Wait, was that sounds familiar? Exactly, the destruction spot has became that legendary mythical sea…

The Legendary ALL BLUE

The United Ocean and the legendary All Blue

At least 6 of Strawhats’s dream will be accomplished because of these achievementt.

Luffy -> he wanted to be the pirate king, “the man who has the most freedom in the ocean”. now that the ocean has been united, Luffy has literally achieved this feat.

Sanji -> it's obvious, he finally found the All Blue

Nami -> now that the entire ocean is free to sail, drawing world map is not so impossible anymore

Franky -> same reason with Nami, Sunny now can travel all over the world

Robin -> all of this happened because she found out the true history

Brook -> Ever wonder how Brook will return to the Twin Cape to meet Laboon? It seems impossible because the reverse mountain was in the way. But now, it’s GONE! They’ll meet again with ease, Bink’s Sake will be played along their emotional reunion. It will be a perfect moment.

How do you think??

Now how about the spot at mariejo/fishman island ??

“THE PROMISED DAY”

This mermaid… she didn’t lie at all. nor she’s wrong. She was actually foreseeing the event we’ve been talking about : the project of One Piece. And It is indeed Luffy who will trigger the event.

The ancestor of FI were actually well awared of this upcoming event.

How so? Here’s another theory : Joy Boy, he was actually the king of the AK.

Ok I know that sounds so random. There’s a theory for that but let’s save it for later…

Like a said, destroying both reverse mountain and fishman island is a must to complet the project. Therefore, King Joy Boy made a proposal of destroying FI to the former mermaid princess, Poseidon. She agreed but as an exchange she asked Joy Boy to move her people to a better place on the surface. Joy Boy gave a nod and started building Noah Arc afterwards.

Joy Boy managed to finish Noah but short after his kingdom lost a great battle against the 20 kingdoms. The promised cannot be fullfilled and he apoligized to Poseidon through poneglyph. However he still promised her “that day” would eventually come in the future, the day when fishmen and mermen live under the sun.

(You see that Oda used the another “golden pattern” again here)

------------------

Conclusion : “The promised day” and madam shirley’s prediction, they are actually the same thing.

The scenario is pretty simple : at “the promised day” Luffy will trigger the attack on the destruction spot, but before that, Shirahoshi will command the seaking to move all of the FI’s citizen to a safer place (by using Noah).

Once destroyed, the same magic which happened to reverse mountain spot will also be happened here. The All Blue will appear, replacing the destruction spot. mermen and fishmen will move here later and make a brand new civilization around the Sunny Tree of Eve (if Sunny Tree has the same reputation with Adam tree, it will completely survive the destruction. There are ilustrations for this but I lost it somewhere ).

Meanwhile, this also marked the end of WG’s reign because Mariejoa --the prime symbol of WG-- was buried alongside FI in the process. Luffy finally won his war against the WG.

If you look from above, both mariejoa and fishman island are located on the same place. Destruction are inevitable for both.

A = Sunny Tree of Eve
B = the Red Line
C = underwater part of Red Line
D = Fishman Island
E = underwater cave
F = holy land Mariejoa

I actually had more ilustrations explaining the destruction in process, but I lost’em somewhere. -_-

well to make it simple, everthing in this pic will be completely destroyed, except the sunny tree.

Related theories

The Importance of "Raftel"
So why no one could reach it except Roger pirates?

Let's get back to chapter 301, read carefully...

now look at the last page, "this also means I must follow the guidance given by the tablets I have read so far... to the ending point of Grand Line, Raftel!!"

I think Robin implied that the poneglyphs held 'the key' to Raftel. In other words, Raftel couldn't be reached by any ordinary mean. The only way to get there lies on poneglyph, and you must read all of them (it would be some sort of jigsaw puzzle if you ask me. you have to collect them all and rearrange them to get the big picture.)

That's why not a single soul could reach it since Roger, because none of them are able to dechiper the texts.

so what's the deal with Raftel? What lies in there must be the final piece of the true history, as well as the trigger of "the big war" that epicbeard was talking about. well, at least that's how I see it.

Joy Boy = The King of Ancient Kingdom??
some theories around were based on real life references, this will be one of them. It’s not mine though, it’s my friend’s at local one piece forum. His username is BonneySHP11st, so all the credits goes to him.

So,

In my homeland's history --Indonesian’s history-- there was once stood a hindu kingdom named The Kingdom of Kediri. The kingdom was pretty known here, particularly because we study about it in high school.

Apparently, the kingdom has some paralell similarites with the ancient kingdom in One Piece. Here they are :

1. The kingdom ruled over the eastern javanese from AD 1042 to 1222. It reached its golden age from AD1130-1160 under the reign of its most known king. <- AD 1130 - 1160. that’s approximately 900-800 years ago.

2.The kingdom was remarkable for its well-known prophecy. It basically predicted the downfall of the kingdom, as well as the downfall of Indonesian’s archipelago to white and yellow race foreigners, then be glorious once again. The prophecy turned out to be true. <- not sure about this, but I think you can relate it to “the promised day” and shyarly’s prediction.

3.They left out 3 historical epigraphs, mainly tell about a big war beetween Pandawa and Kurawa clans <- you can relate it to poneglyphs and the war between the AK and 20 kingdoms

Despite the similaraities, they could be mere coincidence. I mean, it’s not like Kediri was the only kingdom in the world which ruled around that time, nor it’s the only kingdom that left out epigraphs and prophecy. The similarities were not really that convincing either…

However, the name of its most known king, it’s the one that strike me the most. His name was King Joyoboyo.

when you first heard about “Joy Boy” did it ring any bell for you? I bet it didn’t. I mean, did the name sound so random, lol.(There was a thought about Joy Boy being an okama name but that couldn’t be serious.)

Reference wise, I didn’t recall anyone managed to find a real person named Joy Boy or anything close to that who might be related… well, until my friend posted this theory.

Kediri and king Joyoboyo have been quite known here, though I believe very few foreigners know about it. However Oda is genius and unexpectable when it comes to using reference, so this might be plausible.

P.S : you can find informations about Joyoboyo on wiki

all credits to BonneySHP11st kaskus.

The Name of The Kingdom Is...
The AK, did they really extinct from history?

In Robin’s flashback

Clover was about to reveal the kingdom’s name when he was shot by Spandine.

you know, It always seems a bit odd to me that gorosei felt threaten by revelation of the name alone. But it could means one thing : the kingdom is actually still exist until now. Gorosei are awared that people could recognize the name. Or even us readers could recognize it for that matter.

if the later was true, it means the kingdom name was mentioned somewhere before the W7 arc… let’s see, we have Arabasta, Drum, Shandora, and probably Raftel (it could be a kingdom’s name)

Beetwen the four, which one of them could be the AK? Apparently, some facts about Shandora match the description of AK the most. let's see :

1. Shandora was collapsed 800 years ago after a big war with certain enemy (the AK was collapsed at that time as well)

2. Judging by the ancient picture of Bilca on the moon, the origin of Shandora, they apparently had an advanced-civilization with all that futuristic stuff (just like how Clover pictured the AK)

3.Shandora was once a prosperous kingdom 1000 years ago (the fact was written on one of the ancient texts in skypiea, I forgot what chapter though)

In additon, out of all poneglyph that Robin has found so far, only the shandorian poneglyph has Roger’s note on it. Despite its place which was so out of reach compared to other poneglyphs, Roger decided to leave his massage there. It must be special right?

What I’m trying to say is, the AK could be none other than Shandora kingdom.

okay, this one is a bit farfetched but you can at least see the connection there. Need more clue on this one... but assuming both this and Joy Boy = king of AK theory were true, then Joy Boy was definitely one of the Shandora people.

Welll that’s it folks… Sorry for bad english. The theory was hard enough to explain in Indonesian, so I didn’t expect to do it better in english.^^ But I really hope you guys understand what I’m trying to explain.

I am aware that this theory has so many weaknesses but I believe it also makes perfect sense to some point so… let’s discuss!

Last edited:

Geez

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Never thought about it that way ! I always assumed the oceans appeared with a flood caused by the great war during the Void Century but your theory may be already proved by some hints. I think that can make sense...
For me, All Blue was under Reverse Mountain and One Piece would be a land or a world that welcomes every races from the sea to the sky. In your theory, the world hasn't changed physically from the beginning, that bugs me a bit... Grand Line is so weird that i automatically assumed it was a disastrous consequence of the Ancient Weapons' battle.
Your theory works fine by me, the promise to repair the world 800 years ago seems plausible ! I like the destruction idea lol

Kukriblades

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

finally, the first comment... thanks^^

In your theory, the world hasn't changed physically from the beginning, that bugs me a bit.
Actually, I never said that.

The idea of Red Line and Grand Line being artificially made constanly crosses my mind. Though I still have no idea why would someone built them in the first place or how the hell they did it. The possibility is there though...

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Actually I always thought that OP's curious geography, unstable weather conditions, weird flora (including devil fruits) and fauna was a result of science and technology of ancient kingdom. But this concept of unifying all seas I never thought of. It's really interesting. I see how it could all fit together.

Also, I find the idea of Joy Boy being a king quite funny. It would be fitting for Oda to make ancient king an okama. Joy boy is another term for gay or a cross dresser.

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India

I too never thought of this way.. one piece could be the theory of one nation .. may be in its own way thats what revolutionaries are also fighting for… But what has not been thought about is … why all the poneyglphs lies in grandline or new world and not in the four seas…

Also if the ancient weapons have to play so important role (it has always bugged me) why Poseidon only occurs once in several years… there is no proof that Poseidon actually was present in the times of Gol.D.roger (it supports your theory and that could also be one of the reason Roger left it to the upcoming pirate age) … It is basically how Law may be thinking roger must have thought the same way … Lets create chaos in the world and then it might become easy to overthrow the govt or execute the plan in the chaos… Or it could be Luffy’s thinking as well… motivate others to take up the job by themselves… grow up … like luffy did to coby .,.. Roger did to everyone …

However if the Ancient weapons are to be used the way theorized by you, why there will be any requirement of blueprints of a weapon to go against Pluton (just a fall back plan if it gets into wrong hands.. doesn't make sense) …

Anyways I like the theory for the reason of All blue… world map… going round the world easily …

Suna

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Very interesting theory (in a very proper english ;)). That would also explain why "One piece". But why "The will of D" ?

Anduren

Reaction score
Country
United States

I like the theory :^_^... not exactly what I expected; for example, I'd have trouble with what would happen if a planetary sized chunk of the map is just blown to smithereens. Aside from that, I really like how the three main themes of One Piece is tied together in this theory.

I'm also curious to ask.... what do you think about that bridge the world government has been building since the void century? (where Robin was sent to just before the time skip),

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

What an awesome theory, and you should feel proud Kukriblades! :super You supported your hypothesis with facts making all the seemingly random information fit together nicely- so much so that I'd be surprised if Oda went a different route tbh. Nearly all the characters believe "One Piece" is an treasure of some kind; maybe it's simply a set of instructions written by Roger on how to carry on his and AK's will.

If this is true, it means that the story isn't over even when Luffy declares himself Pirate King. We have two acts right now, and there might very well be a third.

Last edited:

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I really appreciate that you put so much effort in this to add the right format. So reading is easy. Very exemplary! I wish more user would do it this way.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm going with this from now on. Not only convincing, but realistic in terms of One Piece.
I'm also curious to ask.... what do you think about that bridge the world government has been building since the void century? (where Robin was sent to just before the time skip),
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe that bridge has another purpose...But which one and why so secretly?

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Really nice theory!!! I like it so much. I wonder if you know Lord-Rayleigh's theory about One Piece. Here it is:

THE ONE PIECE THEORY - EVERYTHING IN ONE PIECE

I've been thinking about it for quite some time : don't you think that the One Piece World follows the principes of the Hegelian Philosophy of History ? That is Oda's inspiration and central theme behind the Ancient Kingdom, Ancient Weapons, the Void Century, the Revolution Army, and the One Piece's purpose.

There was the Ancient Kingdom's era - which was probably a society with one great ruler (like the Oriental Reign in World History where one was free), then came the time of a rebellion led by the 20 other Kings who seeked freedom for themselves, beat the Ancient Kingdom, and established a new order, the World Government, where they were free - these are the Tenryubito and Five Elder Stars who have superior rights and have became the masters (like the Greek and Roman Reigns where a few were free).

Through the World Government's Reign, the spirit of Freedom continued to develop - as proven by the piracy the World Government has always been fighting against. They're not just fighting against their strenght - they're fighting against a pirate for what he is - someone seeking freedom. They don't want that flame of freedom to burn and spread to the whole world.

The fact that there is Akainu's agressive policy in New World, which is to kill all pirates (Ceasar's words), proves the Gorusei want to kill them for what they are, for the concept they embody - freedom - and not what they do - crimes and threats. It's totally going against Sengoku's policy which was only to protect and bring security to the citizen - that's why he never cared for New World's control, but only wanted to station them there.

That also explains Sengoku's care for the Shichibukai whose job was to block pirates. Akainu's policy and the Whitebeard's war destroy the principle of the three world powers, which means the Gorusei are going next step to try stopping the Spirit Revolution - the call and fulfilment of Freedom.

Now the world is waiting for the Revolutionaries - spirit of Freedom rising - and their answer - paraphrasing Dragon's words - which of course is a new world order which would provide freedom for all. That means to destroy the current world order - World Government - which is by nature against it - that's what we are witnessing with the Revolution Army's wars in the Blue seas (like the French Revolution with equal rights against Ancient Regime).

Whitebeard's speech on " their flames will never die, they have always been sent to the next generations " is of course about the rise of the spirit of Freedom in general, and most particularly about Roger and Ace's own call/adventure for freedom. He means they will find echoes in other people's individual quests. The Will of D. are the people who are supposed to guide people towards freedom : they are the great men (as in Hegel's philosophy) who testify and inspire the world by their life and actions.

Sengoku and the others can do whatever they want, people will always look for Freedom and they are little by little raising to a higher level of Freedom - or call of freedom - so the claim for a change in the world is rising - as proven by Sabo's speech rejecting his own kind and throwing away its privileges - and it will happen no matter what : the Spirit of Freedom is developing.

Roger's mystery about his last words are to be taken in this vision. There will come someone - with Roger's amazing spirit (of Freedom) - who will guide the world to its next step - that was Roger's goal. So when Roger said he would not die, he was talking about his spirit, not his life - Roger is dead. This person who has the same spirit as Roger is Luffy - Oda has been working on their Parallel Lives since the very beginning. He will be the great man to change the world forever, the D. among the D.

About Roger, he knew he could not fulfil his dream/role - he was sick and about to die - so he decided to create One Piece so that the next Pirate King - which is the next person with same spirit and force - could lead the World Spirit Revolution he coudn't. For that to happen he left his successor with the One Piece he hid for him to find.

Roger's waiting for someone in particular as Whitebeard said before dying. Edward Newgate knows it isn't Blackbeard - despite the D. - because he hasn't got the good spirit - Roger told him about One Piece and everything's purpose. That's also why Whitebeard never seeked for One Piece, and Shanks neither. They know they're not the ones.

Shanks gave Roger's Straw Hat to Luffy because he said the "exact same words than Captain Roger." The Straw Hat represents the burden of Roger's task being pass from Roger's shoulders to Luffy's, Shanks being the one to keep it before the real successor appear. So Shanks's been waiting for Luffy - as Rayleigh said - because he thinks Luffy is the one - he has the same spirit than Roger's and he's a D.

About Roger's death, when he knew he was on the verge of death, he left Rouge, and decided to get captured by the Marine. With the execution being broadcasted to the whole world, he could make the One Piece speech being diffused to every "human" beings - be sure people would look after it and that the Golden Pirate Era would begin - more people seeking for freedom. Rayleigh's question about whether this is Roger's era or people alive making their own era is to be taken in that way.

This leads us to how Oda is going to settle Luffy and Dragon's positions. They are both supposed to lead the World revolution, and so to fight the World Government, but I think that it has to be in a different way. Dragon is directly seeking the power itself to establish the new Era and Luffy doesn't "want to conquer anything". So Dragon/Coby and others will probably build something after the World Government's fall while Luffy will stay free on the seas - if he doesn't die in the process. Also, Luffy's going to have the ability to hear the voices of all things - like Roger - probably will make a big difference with Dragon.

I guess that people are not exactly ready for Dragon's answer and that Luffy is the one supposed to turn them ready - "to turn the world upside down" - after finding One Piece. He will make an historic change into the people's spirit with the help of One Piece which has every pieces needed to make the spirit change, thus being called One Piece. Ancient Weapons, Void Century are thus parts of One Piece. Then Dragon and others will build the new Kingdom, or whatever it might be called, the new order with every being equal and free.

The way I see it: while Rayleigh’s theory is like a spiritual theory of the One Piece, focused mainly in the conquest of a free reign, yours is much more a material theory, focused much more in the construction of the legendary All Blue Ocean. But I think both theories harmonize quite pretty well. Since with the construction of the All Blue, the conquest of a free planet could comes to be true.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Btw, I see you voted the theory is plausible but there are some few holes. What holes you see in your theory?

Last edited:

Kukriblades

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe that bridge has another purpose...But which one and why so secretly?
the guy at naruto forum has a thought on this after reading my theory

Now, I'd like to add something, as you wanted us to discuss it:

Do you still remember tequilla wolf, the mysterious place robin was at?

After I read your theory and giving it some thought this came to my mind.

As it seems, the World Government is building this huge bridge with slaves for over 700 Years to connect Islands?

Am I the only one who, after reading your theory and assuming it to turn out to be true, just can't shake the thought that:

1: The WG is trying to build it's own "One Piece" and is desperately trying through this bridge ( and remember, we don't know if there could possibly be more of those in other blues) to connect the world, but is unable to do what the Ancient Kingdom could have done.

2: If they complete building it they will take the credit for it. This would explain why they fear that the knowledge of the void century seeks out to the public.

That would make them some masterfully clever, and devillishly villains if you ask me:

Erradicate an entire good natured kingdom, take their idea and do it your own, then take the credit for it and be praised to all eternity as the saviour of the people of the One Piece World.

Damn....

Anyway, just my two cents.

assuming my theory is true, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Really nice theory!!! I like it so much. I wonder if you know Lord-Rayleigh's theory about One Piece. Here it is:

The way I see it: while Rayleigh’s theory is like a spiritual theory of the One Piece, focused mainly in the conquest of a freedom reign, yours is much more a material theory, focused much more in the construction of the legendary All Blue Ocean. But I think both theories harmonize quite pretty well. Since with the construction of the All Blue, the conquest of a freedom planet could comes to be true.
we shared the same thought. I always think that One Piece has two forms, the material and the spiritual one. The material one (in my theory) would be creating the all blue and the united ocean, and the spiritual one would be achieving ultimate freedom for everyone.

Btw, I see you voted the theory is plausible but there are some few holes. What holes you see in your theory?
there are actually two big holes.

first, how would destroying red line logically eliminate GL's anomalies? there's no real explanation behind that except pure 'magic'.

second, we haven't really seen people complaining about the current geography of one piece planet except for the W7's citizens. Makes me wondering if destroying red line would actually make a difference...

the theory is still developing as the story progress though, so there's still a chance to cover those holes.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

This theory is amazing. I totally support it. It's one the best I have ever read on One Piece. With it, you explain :
  1. what is All Blue and why nobody found it yet
  2. why Ancient Weapons were built in the first place
  3. why there was Joy Boy's excuse letter
  4. why Luffy will destroy Fishman Island
  5. why the manga is called One Piece
I think it doesn't have any hole. The reflexions some people shared also fit this pattern and add more sense to it because it shows there are two systems trying to develop and which have very different visions for the human being - Ancient Kingdom's and World Government's.

The idea that World Government is trying to create his own travel system makes that theory all the more plausible. Don't you think the opposition between Ancient Kingdom and World Government is simply the opposition between the sea and the land with two different philosophies behind them ?

Ancient Kingdom was trying to create All Blue so people can travel anywhere on their own with their own ship's rules whereas World Government is trying to create roads (like Roman Empire did) for people to travel so that they have to follow its rules and laws.

Ancient Kingdom wanted the sea to become the way for people to travel because the sea provides Freedom. You can travel anywhere without asking anybody - no kingdom or world government can take control of it and impose its laws, all the more than you use random travelling roads.

That's why Pirate King is not supposed to conquer anything - Luffy's words which pleased Rayleigh - but to be the person which the most freedom (travelling ability on the seas). Ancient Kingdom's fate and destiny was thus to create this complete free travelling system based on the seas thanks to the All Blue plan.

On the other hand, the 20 Kingdoms wanted to create check points between islands (All Bridges) so that the people travelling depend on them and have to obey their World Government. That means World Government likes the Calm Belt and Red Line who provide limited accesses to the 4 Blues and thus can be controlled. That's why there was a war between them: their goals were completely opposed.

I think the World Government has been building bridges in the 4 Blues since the end of the Void Century (Tequila Wolf is in East Blue). They did not do that in Grand Line because the seas are wild and storms would destroy everything. That's why the World Government wants to control the weather so that they can rule upon GL. That's also why the pirates are in GL, and especially in New World which has the craziest weathers and seas.

By the way, World Government is not only fighting against pirates because they may find One Piece but also because WG claims for the complete control of the travelling roads and pirates deny that. Even though they live outside the WG (New World), they have their own rules and don't obey the WG going wherever they want. So it's like refusing the World Government's fate which is to control everything with its rules.

All this means Luffy will likely have to fight against Dragon who is trying to conquer the land system. Dragon doesn't want to destroy the WG in itself but to change its principes. He wants the laws to be based on equality for all citizens and to erase privileges (Tenryubito and nobles). Dragon's fight is not against the land system: it's actually Revolution vs. Ancien Régime with a post-revolutionary world government whose fate is to rule the whole world.

Luffy's destiny to provide full freedom to people and establish free seas with All Blue will destroy the possibility of any world government, so it will clash with Dragon's dream which is to establish a world ruled by the principes of equality, which requires a World Government to impose equal laws. So Dragon and Luffy will have to fight if Dragon doesn't renounce on the post-revolutionary land system.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

This theory is amazing. I totally support it. It's one the best I have ever read on One Piece. With it, you explain :
  1. what is All Blue and why nobody found it yet
  2. why Ancient Weapons were built in the first place
  3. why there was Joy Boy's excuse letter
  4. why Luffy will destroy Fishman Island
  5. why the manga is called One Piece
I think it doesn't have any hole. The reflexions some people shared also fit this pattern and add more sense to it because it shows there are two systems trying to develop and which have very different visions for the human being - Ancient Kingdom's and World Government's.

The idea that World Government is trying to create his own travel system makes that theory all the more plausible. Don't you think the opposition between Ancient Kingdom and World Government is simply the opposition between the sea and the land with two different philosophies behind them ?

Ancient Kingdom was trying to create All Blue so people can travel anywhere on their own with their own ship's rules whereas World Government is trying to create roads (like Roman Empire did) for people to travel so that they have to follow its rules and laws.

Ancient Kingdom wanted the sea to become the way for people to travel because the sea provides Freedom. You can travel anywhere without asking anybody - no kingdom or world government can take control of it and impose its laws, all the more than you use random travelling roads.

That's why Pirate King is not supposed to conquer anything - Luffy's words which pleased Rayleigh - but to be the person which the most freedom (travelling ability on the seas). Ancient Kingdom's fate and destiny was thus to create this complete free travelling system based on the seas thanks to the All Blue plan.

On the other hand, the 20 Kingdoms wanted to create check points between islands (All Bridges) so that the people travelling depend on them and have to obey their World Government. That means World Government likes the Calm Belt and Red Line who provide limited accesses to the 4 Blues and thus can be controlled. That's why there was a war between them: their goals were completely opposed.

I think the World Government has been building bridges in the 4 Blues since the end of the Void Century (Tequila Wolf is in East Blue). They did not do that in Grand Line because the seas are wild and storms would destroy everything. That's why the World Government wants to control the weather so that they can rule upon GL. That's also why the pirates are in GL, and especially in New World which has the craziest weathers and seas.

By the way, World Government is not only fighting against pirates because they may find One Piece but also because WG claims for the complete control of the travelling roads and pirates deny that. Even though they live outside the WG (New World), they have their own rules and don't obey the WG going wherever they want. So it's like refusing the World Government's fate which is to control everything with its rules.

All this means Luffy will likely have to fight against Dragon who is trying to conquer the land system. Dragon doesn't want to destroy the WG in itself but to change its principes. He wants the laws to be based on equality for all citizens and to erase privileges (Tenryubito and nobles). Dragon's fight is not against the land system: it's actually Revolution vs. Ancien Régime with a post-revolutionary world government whose fate is to rule the whole world.

Luffy's destiny to provide full freedom to people and establish free seas with All Blue will destroy the possibility of any world government, so it will clash with Dragon's dream which is to establish a world ruled by the principes of equality, which requires a World Government to impose equal laws. So Dragon and Luffy will have to fight if Dragon doesn't renounce on the post-revolutionary land system.

I'm not sure about Luffy fighting Dragon, but yes they could have some kind of disagreement; there could be a tension between Dragon and Luffy and something to solve between them. But also once the freedom is reached; there should be some kind of organization, some kind of government among the whole people of the planet. I won’t image it as if it were none of that, like some kind of anarchy. Instead of that I image a fair Government taking the place and the flags of the Ancient Kingdom. That final organization makes sense of stories like Coby’s, who we can image as the big boos of the Marine in the final term: someone who also believes in freedom, (as it was the idea in the Hegelian vision: a synthesis of the contraries).

Last edited:

Anduren

Reaction score
Country
United States

there are actually two big holes.

first, how would destroying red line logically eliminate GL's anomalies? there's no real explanation behind that except pure 'magic'.

second, we haven't really seen people complaining about the current geography of one piece planet except for the W7's citizens. Makes me wondering if destroying red line would actually make a difference...

the theory is still developing as the story progress though, so there's still a chance to cover those holes.
Actually, the first hole you pointed out may not really be a hole. :) It was explained in chapter 105 that even though everything in the grand line is chaotic, the mineral rich islands in the grand line having strong magnetic fields is the only constant there that allows people to travel in it.

Nami also stated after the time skip that the red line is actually a chain of islands. It can't be just a coincidence that Pluton was described as a weapon "that can destroy whole islands". If the chaos in the grand line is caused by the magnetic fields of the chain of islands that is the red line, destroying it would maybe end the chaos. It's also curious that right after passing fishman island (passing the red line), the magnetic fields are so chaotic that even the normal log pose doesn't work anymore.

About the second hole you mentioned; I was also wondering about Impel Down: A building seemingly built off the sea floor in the middle of the calm belt out of solid rock. This building may be older than the world government. There is also the Tarai current and the underwater current that drifts everything to the sea forest; as well as the mysterious florian triangle. Could these things be connected? (considering they all exist near the same area and next to where the red line, grand line and calm belt meet) I'm sure destroying the red line near them would have some effect on them too.

I forgot to mention though, there's another possible hole in the theory which may turn out not to be one: If an island sized wall was destroyed instantly, unless it was vaporized, all the debris would fall on the oceans and cause huge tsunamis the likes of which even Whitebeard couldn't create (possibly). This is what I initially had trouble with.

Last edited:

Geez

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Nami also stated after the time skip that the red line is actually a chain of islands. It can't be just a coincidence that Pluton was described as a weapon "that can destroy whole islands". If the chaos in the grand line is caused by the magnetic fields of the chain of islands that is the red line, destroying it would maybe end the chaos. It's also curious that right after passing fishman island (passing the red line), the magnetic fields are so chaotic that even the normal log pose doesn't work anymore.
I think you're pointing at something really interesting here. If we take Kukriblades' theory for granted, then Pluton was designed by the AK to destroy both Dressrosa/FI and Reverse Mountain in order to create One Piece.

Anduren's comment about how magnetic fields become even more complicated than before could lead us to believe that it would be man-made. Maybe using Uranus they found a way to distort the weather permanently, thus giving birth to a gigantic maze hiding Raftel. But, it's kinda too Magic-Magic for me.

But what if, in place of Grand Line, was in fact a sort of Red Line perpendicular with the current one?

Pluton did its work, destroyed it in many pieces and leaving it like we know it now. The magnetic field problem would be the result of such a hard treatment. Man, i'm sorry if someone already said it. It never ever crossed my mind... :^_^

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Everything seems quite logical so far.
Even so, I don't think Dragon's and Luffy's objectives are opposed to each other, since we know little about Dragon motivations.

Kukriblades

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

If the chaos in the grand line is caused by the magnetic fields of the chain of islands that is the red line, destroying it would maybe end the chaos.
man, you are genius!

I've been searching a possible logical reason behind the disappearance of GL's anomalies since I proposed this theory in 2006, and never found one. But you found it in a second. Yes, that could be the case if you think about it... It makes sense.

that is probably the best back up to this theory so far and I thank you for that.

About the second hole you mentioned; I was also wondering about Impel Down: A building seemingly built off the sea floor in the middle of the calm belt out of solid rock. This building may be older than the world government. There is also the Tarai current and the underwater current that drifts everything to the sea forest; as well as the mysterious florian triangle. Could these things be connected? (considering they all exist near the same area and next to where the red line, grand line and calm belt meet) I'm sure destroying the red line near them would have some effect on them too.
err... I don't think this has anything to do with the second hole I mentioned.

I was particulary talking about how people hasn't been complaining about the hellish sailing routes of the planet. Except the people of W7, they seem quite fine with it.

Sanji and Zeff could traveled from North to East Blue though the red line's in their way.

Even the enormous Thriller Bark ship somehow managed to make it to Grand Line from west blue, ignoring the facts that it should be impossible in any way(it didn't go through reverse mountain that's for sure)

If an island sized wall was destroyed instantly, unless it was vaporized, all the debris would fall on the oceans and cause huge tsunamis the likes of which even Whitebeard couldn't create (possibly).
I had think about the possibility and I have an idea : the sea king, they actually have enough power to create huge-scale sea disasters (tsunami, whirlpool, etc) and this is the actual reason why they are called Sea Kings and feared as a very destructive weapon.

However, they also have the power to prevent one from happening. So it will be Poseidon's job to command them to do so when the time comes.

Last edited:

Anduren

Reaction score
Country
United States

I guess I misunderstood and also wasn't all that clear earlier... I meant about Impel Down, etc. that there's a chance the landscape was different at some point before the void century (Water 7 where Pluton was designed probably didn't have any sinking problems; Impel Down may have been constructed on dry land; etc.) If the red line was artificially created it may have been the cause of the Tarai Current (with the underwater hole where fishman island is the same way Smoker realized there was a river hidden behind the iceberg on Punk Hazard).

I said it may not be a hole in the theory because the idea that the red line may have been artificially created and what the landscape was like before the void century is a separate issue from the dream of clearing it to unite the oceans.

But what if, in place of Grand Line, was in fact a sort of Red Line perpendicular with the current one?

Pluton did its work, destroyed it in many pieces and leaving it like we know it now. The magnetic field problem would be the result of such a hard treatment. Man, i'm sorry if someone already said it. It never ever crossed my mind... :^_^

This would certainly explain a rise in the oceans submerging a large part of the planet leaving a lot of islands.

About Dragon vs. Luffy, based on what Dragon said to Ivankov on chapter 587 (Luffy's flashback in Goa Kingdom) and what he said in chapter 100 (coincidentally on the same page that shows Gol D. Roger's statement about "flow of time," "men's dreams," and "inherited will," I also don't think there's any conflict between Dragon's goals and Luffy's goals. If anything, I think he will come to help facilitate the completion of Luffy's dream just like he helped Luffy set sail from Loguetown for the sake of promoting freedom.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

If the Tarai is artificially made or an effect of something that was artificially created, then it has sense to name of Tenryuubito.