Discussion - The magic knight after this arc | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The magic knight after this arc

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
What changes do you expect for the Magic Knights after this arc?

The most obvious thing would be the choice of a New Wizard King, which I think is obvious about who will fall ...

But the other orders?

Last edited:

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Fuegoleon is a clear choice IMO
The other candidates;Yami, who doesn't seem like he would be interested and Mereoleona who sees even being captain as a bother.

Myb even William if he turns good at the end. He might want to atone for Patri's deeds.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
William, however, has betrayed.
I doubt it would be accepted, in fact, I think the Golden Dawn will be the group that will come out worse from this matter.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Fuegoleon/Yami would be my contenders for Magic Emperor. Maybe Nozel if he does something epic before the end of this battle. But my money is on Fuegoleon. It's one of the reasons I think he got Salamander.

The Golden Dawn will need a new captain and I see Yuno being an obvious shout, but maybe too obvious. I don't think he's ready at all. Would I be surprised if he got it? No. But it wouldn't make sense to me. Plus the Golden Dawn are mostly elitist and I don't see a lot of them wanting to follow Yuno. Who chooses the captains though? If it's the Magic Emperor then that would have a bearing on selection I think. Yami and Fuegoleon would have no problem electing Yuno, but someone like Nozel would reserve the honor for nobility. The King is a weirdo so I don't think he'd care as long as he's protected. Mereoleona would remain captain of the Crimson Lions if her brother became the Emperor, at least until Leo was ready. If Yami becomes Emperor then maybe we'll finally meet the vice captain of the Black Bulls because I don't see who would become captain unless maybe Zora.

Those are my thoughts from what I see happening atm.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yami would never accept leaving his men without a guide.

Plus the Golden Dawn are mostly elitist and I don't see a lot of them wanting to follow Yuno.
After Yuno will save they're ass they will have to revise several of their positions ....

ami and Fuegoleon would have no problem electing Yuno, but someone like Nozel would reserve the honor for nobility
Nozelle accepted Jack and Yami as captains.

It's snooty, but not stupid. If he sees that he has a talented person he does not look at his grade, he wanted Yuno on his team ...

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Nozelle accepted Jack and Yami as captains.

It's snooty, but not stupid. If he sees that he has a talented person he does not look at his grade, he wanted Yuno on his team ...
He didn't have a choice. He wasn't the one choosing them and they aren't the type that cares about his opinion anyway. That's why I think if he gets the power and authority to choose he'd show what kind of Knight he is. I still haven't seen much to indicate he's had a change of heart towards those of lower social status. He'd have to start with his own sister.

But true he did raise his hand for Yuno. I forgot about that.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Even if he has not accepted them, he still considers them his peers. The fact that he provoke them is part of the character. Nozelle is not stupid like his brothers and as demonstrated with Yuno there is no problem with the social status if the person is strong.

In the last few chapters, he is also showing a certain openness towards people that he saw as waste (Asta and Noelle).

Then obviously it will not change overnight.

Regarding the Golden Dawn, William also came from the slums. The only one in the group who seems to have problems with Yuno is Alecdra.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuego is the obvious choice and the current "appropriate" choice. Even if he didn't get the power up, his brief bit of characterization pointed to him being given the position. His royal heritage gives him an easy in, especially with the King being how he is. His open mindedness follows well with Julius and further opens the path for Asta and Yuno.

Mereoleona would be the prime candidate, being of royal blood and being supremely powerful, but she's not the type of character who'd take the position or want the responsibility.

Yami is the same as Mereoleona. Strong, but wouldn't want the responsibility. Plus, it'd make more narrative sense for Asta and Yuno to be the first outsiders to become the Magic Emperor/s.

Nozel hasn't had enough development for consideration, but I imagine, in universe, he'd be a candidate. He's a bit discriminatory, but not to the extent of the other two siblings. As stated, he recognizes talent and knows when someone is an asset.

The Golden Dawn will either be disbanded or reworked. Yuno is a good candidate, but I'm hesitant to say he'll get the position just yet. Mainly because he and Asta are supposed to be neck and neck, and I don't see Asta falling that behind. If Asta becomes the Black Bull Vice Captain, then I'll believe it.

Last edited:

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Fuegoleon is most likely going to be the next Magic Emperor,he has the Skills and Judgement for the Position,he woke up from his Coma,and he got the Salamander PowerUp at the same time which leads me to believe so. Having a Spirit to aid your Magic Capabilities is a very handy thing to have,just watching Yuno proves as much.

Yami would/could be a Candidate for Magic Emperor as well in my Opinion,but he strikes me as a rather laid back Guy and probably wouldn't want the responsebility. He'll remain Captain of the Black Bulls.
Speaking of the Black Bulls,i noticed that we don't know who their Vice Captain is,i believe it is either going to be Zora or a new Member/Character joins the Black Bulls taking the Position. I doubt Asta will be the Vice Captain to be honest,he will keep the Underdog Role in his Rivalry with Yuno and watch him become Vice Captain first to get motivated to rise above as well.

Nozel isn't written down as a Candidate for Magic Emperor for me unless he actually does something impressive and worthy of succeeding Julius soon,i guess within the confines of the Story it would be logical to have him as a Candidate though. No Questions asked,he still is a Captain with Skill and Intellect and is very committed to his Duties as such. One of my favorites even if he hasn't done as much as Yami for example.

Meleolona will remain Captain of the Crimson Lion,if Fuegoleon does end up as Magic Emperor it would mean she remains relevant to the Story and can continue to provide some Comedy and Badassery for us. And also because Leo is hardly able to take over a Squad just yet,i wouldn't mind him becoming her Vice Captain though.

The Golden Dawn needs a new Captain,i believe we may get introduced to a new Character when it comes to it.
Yuno is talented and quite Powerful,since he joined the Magic Knights he has managed to impress Julius and all the Captains as well not to mention even the Undercover Licht (William!) when he was his Captain. But he may lack the Experience for the Job,so for him i can see the Vice Captain Position as fitting too.

Those would be my thoughts/guesses on what is going to happen next.:teach:verily

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Maybe Nozel if he does something epic before the end of this battle
About Nozel, I don't see him accepting the title of Magic Emperor. I still think that something is going to end up happening by the end of the arc between him and Noelle, either he shields her from an attack or dies protecting her. That would put him out of commission for the role. If he ends up shielding her from an attack, it would be funny if he ends up getting incapacitated just like Fuego was this whole time :XD

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
About Nozel, I don't see him accepting the title of Magic Emperor. I still think that something is going to end up happening by the end of the arc between him and Noelle, either he shields her from an attack or dies protecting her. That would put him out of commission for the role. If he ends up shielding her from an attack, it would be funny if he ends up getting incapacitated just like Fuego was this whole time :XD
I actually could see him protecting Noelle but I would much prefer that's an arc by itself, like they're put together for a mission. There's already too much going on right now so it would be more of a "by the way" instead of a meaningful moment which i think she deserves for putting up with his coldness all her life. Why do you think he will reject the opportunity to be Emperor if it was offered to him?:grumble

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I actually could see him protecting Noelle but I would much prefer that's an arc by itself, like they're put together for a mission. There's already too much going on right now so it would be more of a "by the way" instead of a meaningful moment which i think she deserves for putting up with his coldness all her life. Why do you think he will reject the opportunity to be Emperor if it was offered to him?:grumble
Because he's a modest person who thinks Fuego is more fitting for the job than him :nod

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Because he's a modest person who thinks Fuego is more fitting for the job than him :nod
Modest? What manga are you reading? :pls But I do see him supporting Fuegoleon, that's a reunion i'm looking forward to. A part of me wants Yami to get it to see his reaction lol.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Modest? What manga are you reading? :pls But I do see him supporting Fuegoleon, that's a reunion i'm looking forward to. A part of me wants Yami to get it to see his reaction lol.
:lmao
Sorry, I was fooling around :p
But on a more serious note, I do see him turning it down and supporting Fuego. I actually wouldn't be surprised if hes the reason Fuego ends up accepting the role in the end by encouraging him to take on the title and there's no one else who can do it but him. It helps preserve their rivalry in a way.

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
well Yami is Idiot similar way Jiraiya and Gildarts is...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
well Yami is Idiot similar way Jiraiya and Gildarts is...
Ironically, those two were among the first choices as replacement leaders for their respective groups. And they both rejected the position for the same reasons I expect from Yami.

MarinHollow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Ironically, those two were among the first choices as replacement leaders for their respective groups. And they both rejected the position for the same reasons I expect from Yami.
But, Jiraiya and Gildarts is always on adventure when their country/guild need them. Yami is always there when his comrade need him.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But he may lack the Experience for the Job,so for him i can see the Vice Captain Position as fitting too.
Rill lacks the experience, but is a captain.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Rill lacks the experience, but is a captain.
Rill got chosen for his Talent and Skill,he also seems to possess a certain chemistry with his Squad which lead me to believe his Personality may have been a reason to chose him as well. Needless to say,Rill may appear inexperienced as he is Young but if he got acknowledged and is respected enough to lead a Squad then i doubt that some have a lack of Faith in him.

Yuno can't be expected to lead the Golden Dawn from me,he is a Commoner and shouldn't just skip some Ranks all the way up to the Top in the "Best" Squad the Kingdom has.
If he is that far ahead of Asta in the Race/Rivalry then the way in which Asta is going to surpass him is going to feel nonsensical for me,as i said Vice Captain is the most i see for him.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But the Golden Dawn will still be the best after this arc ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
However for me it is clear that the author has set this arc as the "revenge" of the Black Bull.

Think about it, the wizard king is dead, most of the knights turned into enemy (most of which are of the order acclaimed by everyone)
, and the only ones able to fight everything are the outcasts of order with their "rough" ways.

Finral had also predicted Langris that the Black Bull would defeat the Golden Dawn.