Discussion - The ninth titan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The ninth titan

JollydrewSNK

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
There are a lot of people speculating about the ninth titanand one theory I heard floating around is that the ninth titan is a titan with wings taking the statement from ''Mads Mikkelsen" as forshadowing.

But there is a lot of evidence against this theory. First of all the admiral is a high ranking officer of marley, a nation who was in a direct war with eldia. So you can assume that marley knows all titan powers. also it has been said that marley is in control of 7/9 titans.

assuming that the founding and the attack titan have always been in eldian control. evidence for this lays in the 145th king and the mission they announce. Also at the time of this announcement the attack titan is inside Eren Kruger as zeke almost immediately (or atleast in a short span of time. maybe a year) turns his parents in to marley. also Krugers time was almost up so he has been the attack titan for atleast 12 years without marleys knowledge.

So what other speculations can we make about the ninth titan? all the evidence I can find is in this page from chapter 86.

In the first panel you see atleast 5 titans 2 on one side 3 on the other the 2 are possibly the attack and female titan (judging by the spears they seem to fit the most also it can't be the founding since that is at that time held by a king which is not likely to be on the front lines.) the other 3 are harder. Well one is the cart titan (duh) but the one with the shield might be the armored titan but the other titan with the hamer I really can't place. maybe a builder titan?
(There is also a giant horse in the background sooooooo horse titan confirmed and jean is the 9th titan.)

pls speculate further

downright

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
the img.. don't work..
build it and they will come :)

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Im not sure where i stand when it comes to a flying titan, them asking "is there a titan with wings?" smells like foreshadowing.
But there is a lot of evidence against this theory. First of all the admiral is a high ranking officer of marley, a nation who was in a direct war with eldia. So you can assume that marley knows all titan powers. also it has been said that marley is in control of 7/9 titans.
Just because they know all the titans, doesn't mean they know their abilities, take a look at the beast titan, zeke happens to have royal blood, therefore he has a special ability (turning eldians injected with his spinal fluid, via screaming) , as colt said, this was something that has not been seen for generations of beast titans, now, is it the same with all titans? if eren had royal blood would he "unlock" a special ability for the attack titan? same for annie/bert/reiner and all other shifters? who knows, but it could be the case with a flying titan, even if they know how all titans look, they dont really know all their secrets.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
How would that even work? If there was a titan with wings then they would know about it.... Unless it turns out a titan has been missing for hundreds of years and then it shows up out of nowhere. Which to be fair would be dramatically better writing than what the author has been doing lately....

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Im not sure where i stand when it comes to a flying titan, them asking "is there a titan with wings?" smells like foreshadowing.
Just because they know all the titans, doesn't mean they know their abilities, take a look at the beast titan, zeke happens to have royal blood, therefore he has a special ability (turning eldians injected with his spinal fluid, via screaming) , as colt said, this was something that has not been seen for generations of beast titans, now, is it the same with all titans? if eren had royal blood would he "unlock" a special ability for the attack titan? same for annie/bert/reiner and all other shifters? who knows, but it could be the case with a flying titan, even if they know how all titans look, they dont really know all their secrets.
zeke happens to have royal blood, therefore he has a special ability (turning eldians injected with his spinal fluid, via screaming)
Has this really become a fact or is it a rumour?

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Has this really become a fact or is it a rumour?
What, zeke having royal blood? him using his scream to turn eldians into titans? both? , yes for both, it is a fact.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
(turning eldians injected with his spinal fluid, via screaming)
Did Zeky inject his spinal fluid in Eldians prior or during the screaming session :) :)

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
that is what am asking, are they really injected with his spinal fluid,,his titan's spinal fluid....shoudn't they be titans already
anyway it should still not be a fact.. these people can be on castor oil.

Btw i don't know how you do it, but to find a chapter and the picture so fast like it's right up from your sleeve.. it's like you know it like an alphabet.

JollydrewSNK

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
the img.. don't work..
build it and they will come :)
They don't? :gwah when I open the thread they are there and what do you mean by built it?

Great points maybe historia with the female titan will produce the angel titan.

Also it is only implied as of now that zekes royal blood has something to do with his "scream". (probably is the cause but no direct answer yet)

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
that is what am asking, are they really injected with his spinal fluid,,his titan's spinal fluid....shoudn't they be titans already

Btw i don't know how you do it, but to find a chapter and the picture so fast like it's right up from your sleeve.. it's like you know it like an alphabet.
Nono, not spinal fluid from his titan, spinal fluid from him, human spinal fluid..

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Nono, not spinal fluid from his titan, spinal fluid from him, human spinal fluid..

but if you said it was from titans spinal i would even belive it, but it doesn't matter, just tell me this, how did people in history, how did they pass on shifter to a shifter, how did stupid titans even become to exist then, it wasn't by this technology that Marleans have, it should be by the Beast titan, the natural process.?

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Also it is only implied as of now that zekes royal blood has something to do with his "scream". (probably is the cause but no direct answer yet)

In my eyes it is confirmed already

JollydrewSNK

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

To be fair it's not really specified.

Please upload your signature image to an image host.

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
but if you said it was from titans spinal i would even belive it, but it doesn't matter, just tell me this, how did people in history, how did they pass on shifter to a shifter, how did stupid titans even become to exist then, it wasn't by this technology that Marleans have, it should be by the Beast titan, the natural process.?
I suppose before the syringes came to exist, the powers were not passed down at will, the shifter would die, and a random eldian would gain the power when born.

JollydrewSNK

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

I suppose you're right it is heavily implied.

I suppose before the syringes came to exist, the powers were not passed down at will, the shifter would die, and a random eldian would gain the power when born.
But how did mindless titans come to be? did they just think like yoooooo we have this beast titan lets drain his spine and inject some eldians with them or did they exist before the 145th king fled to paradise? what is their origin?

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
i'll thank you, i was ignorant.. about the particular sentence. Am actually struglling cos am readin that sentence in double meaningfull way.. might start few things from beginning. That's it for the day, i lost my ground. and @Battou next time don't defeat my argument in five minutes, wait for at least 30 minutes, dammit :oh

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think what Zeke can do while in his BT form is all thanks to his royal blood; it doesn't have anything to do with the Beast Titan's powers.

If Historia had *any* Titan power (except the Founding Titan which, because of the King's will, would be useless for royals) she would be able to do the exact same thing that Zeke does: inject Eldians with her spinal fluid, and then she would be able to control them because of her royal blood.

Royal blood + Founding Titan power = Royal blood collides with King's Will = shifters cannot use the Founding Titan's powers (Coordinate).
Royal blood + any other Titan power (such as BT) = shifter can display powers SIMILAR to the Founding Titan's (Coordinate), except that they are nerfed.

These shifters can achieve that because it's their natural power (royal blood) and the Will doesn't get in the way; it only does if it's the Founding Titan we're talking about.

With that in mind, I don't think there's anything "special" to all the other Titans. If Eren had royal blood (with just the Attack Titan) he would be able to do the same thing as Zeke.

But how did mindless titans come to be? did they just think like yoooooo we have this beast titan lets drain his spine and inject some eldians with them or did they exist before the 145th king fled to paradise? what is their origin?
The Founding Titan (without the Will in the way) can probably turn/un-turn Eldians at will, without the need to use spinal fluids or injections and whatnot.

So, before the Founding Titan was rendered useless, the users could likely simply "scream" and turn Eldians into Titans, since it's in their genes.

JollydrewSNK

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think what Zeke can do while in his BT form is all thanks to his royal blood; it doesn't have anything to do with the Beast Titan's powers.

If Historia had *any* Titan power (except the Founding Titan which, because of the King's will, would be useless for royals) she would be able to do the exact same thing that Zeke does: inject Eldians with her spinal fluid, and then she would be able to control them because of her royal blood.

Royal blood + Founding Titan power = Royal blood collides with King's Will = shifters cannot use the Founding Titan's powers (Coordinate).
Royal blood + any other Titan power (such as BT) = shifter can display powers SIMILAR to the Founding Titan's (Coordinate), except that they are nerfed.

These shifters can achieve that because it's their natural power (royal blood) and the Will doesn't get in the way; it only does if it's the Founding Titan we're talking about.

With that in mind, I don't think there's anything "special" to all the other Titans. If Eren had royal blood (with just the Attack Titan) he would be able to do the same thing as Zeke.

The Founding Titan (without the Will in the way) can probably turn/un-turn Eldians at will, without the need to use spinal fluids or injections and whatnot.

So, before the Founding Titan was rendered useless, the users could likely simply "scream" and turn Eldians into Titans, since it's in their genes.
I agree. I don't think there are any extra special powers. Also this is the most likely explanation for the origin of the titans.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think this 9th Titan will be something special.Otherwise Isayama Sensei will not keep it hidden for so long.

A horse Titan Shifter.Well it's possible.

I agree. I don't think there are any extra special powers. Also this is the most likely explanation for the origin of the titans.
Though i wonder if Eren can transform people into Titans with his spinal fluid even though he doesn't have royal blood because he possesses the Co-ordinate.