Games - The Pokémon Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I usually vary my team most of the times I play through the games, since it can get a bit repetitive picking the same starter/picking the same flying, etc. everytime. My favorites are Squirtle for 1st Gen, Totodile for 2nd and the others I've only played through once because I didn't like them. :oh

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I dont go anywhere near the grass type. So its mostly a straight choice between the water and fire starters. The first time i played them, i went with charmander, cyndaquil , mudkip, piplup. But i play it again and again so it changes. My favourite has to be mudkip. Swampert is a god. Earthquake <3

Anyway, with heartgold and soulsilver i have been playing it but i stopped. I got to the fourth gym and i cant be bothered to continue. Ill go back to it one day. I stopped because before i got it i finished crystal on a emulator. Feels slightly like playing that all over again. So now im playing platinum. And genuinely in love with my team so far. Only around level 20 but:
Ralts
Rotom (lawn mower version)
Gible
Monferno
Togepi
Gyarados

Once they all fully evolve, man they'll be awesome. I dont think iv ever been in so much love with a team. Anyway whats your favourite ever teams?

Shiro-kun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@Buggy
my favorite starters are these

Squirtle
Cyndaquil/Totodile (i cant choose i love these two )
Mudkip / Torchic
Piplup >while im not really into Piplup i do love its final evolution Empoleon

telling from my list , yeah i love water pokemon ...Blastoise will always be my favorite final evolution haha

ooh common pokemon list (im not adding Legandaries)
Dragonite / Salemance / Garchomp (well my HG/SS is now rigged with all three dragons)
Alakazam/Gardevoir(Gallade is cool too)
Gyarados/Slowbro
(insert starter pokemon)
Ampharos
Snorlax haha

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant believe I jsut discovered this thread!!! I'm not circulating enough...
I was thinking of getting the HeartGold or SoulSilver but now I hear there's a new one on the horizon?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So what starter pokemon(s) did you guys start off with? Any favourites? Would you choose the same one again?

For me:

Kanto: Bulbasaur - Charmander - Squirtle / Pikachu

Johto: Chikorita - Cyndaquil - Totodile

Hoenn: Treecko - Torchic - Mudkip

Sinnoh: Turtwig - Chimchar - Piplup

None of them. :barf
I usually started out with Bulbasaur due to Brock and Misty. Though I also chose Charmander from time to time. Charizard is my favorite pokemon, sooo.

For Johto, it was Cyndaquil. Almost always Cyndaquil. I love fire Pokemon. Their fire attacks are just awesome.

Fuck Hoenn and Sinnoh. Nothing beats original Pokemon game.

Strategy is pretty easy. Only thing that's a problem is it being time consuming, as you have to train all your Pokemon to stand a chance. As a newb, I focused on my starter and used other Pokemon as fodder. After a long time, I started to focus on the team, as five midlevel Pokemon does more damage than one highlevel Pokemon. It's worth training them.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Mmm...starters.

Kanto: Bulbasaur
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Treecko
Sinnoh: Turtwig

So as you can see, I have a grass fetish cept when it comes to Chikorita.
M3J said:
Fuck Hoenn and Sinnoh.
Why? :( They have some cool Pokemon in them too, just not as many. Plus, the games are still fun even with less fun Pokemon. The old games have plenty of crap Pokemon as well (Hoppip, Jigglypuff, Paras, Ekans, etc.)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
This is for Dermie, the following story.

So I was walking back to Goldenrod, when all the sudden I encountered Entei. I didn't even battle or anything with it, I just threw an ultra ball and bam! I captured it! It was easy as poking one's self (sorry if you're paralyzed or handicapped) or counting to 1 (sorry if you're bad with numbers). Now I have a powerful Pokemon!
I now have a Typhlosion! I'm training my Pidgeotto to become Pidgeot now. I have Gyarados because I wanted Surf and I fished and got Magikarp instead. I had rare candy and I thought, why not feed it candy and hope it evolves? I want victribell, but I think I need to trade it. <_< Bellsprout and Weepinbell are soooooooooooooooooooo slow, which is shocking despite it being lightweight. X__X
Raticate is meh. I have Abra and Ghastly but I'm ignoring them because I'm an idiot.

For HeartGold btw.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
/end of troll

Seen it before and even though the subtitles are partly correct, they're exaggerated a lot to be funnier.

But still, kinda funny clip.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nor really a big fan of this 3D stuff.:/

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
so whats everyone think of the generation 5 starters that just got revealed today? the fire pig is a little odd but maybe it'll turn into a big bore or something. the grass looks a lot like grovyle/sceptile to me, maybe the evolutions will change that. and the water looks like it could turn ice/water later through the evolutions, hopefully it will be fast, none of the water starters have ever been that fast.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
New starters:
New characters:

Eventhough the first scans with the 3D stuff weren't really convincing me,i have to say that i like the new characters and the new starters,surprisingly.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Total awesomeness. New video out of a battle scene, entei vs zoroark

A link to more screenshots and pic of the game at pokebeach. Also the new starters (Tsutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru) without their silhouettes. Cannot wait for this :spaz

Btw, the legend of smugleaf is beginning:

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm awesome.

Why?

I managed to beat Clair with level 41 Entei, level 36 Typhlosion, Raticate, Gyarados, Pidgeot, and level 33 Weepinbell. Betcha guys can't do the same. =D

It's gonna be a real bitch to beat Lance.... <_< I spammed quite a bit of items.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Elite Four is the same levels as before so they aren't that hard...but my friend told me they get a lot stronger each time you face them, and that Red is an assload stronger this time.

New starters are meh. But they always are. I wanna see the full forms of each....but I'm totally leaning towards the pig, just because he's a pig.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Red is epic and definitly strong.When i faced him for the first time i was shocked at how high the levels are.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Elite Four is the same levels as before so they aren't that hard...but my friend told me they get a lot stronger each time you face them, and that Red is an assload stronger this time.

New starters are meh. But they always are. I wanna see the full forms of each....but I'm totally leaning towards the pig, just because he's a pig.
Good thing is that I can keep challenging Elite 4 and keep increasing my Pokemon's level, if the 4's Pokemon do gain more levels every time I face 'em. I'm all about keeping my team on even level for some reason.

Also, I captured Ho-Oh. Had to use a freakin' Masterball, but I refuse to let Ho-Oh go away. It's fire. <3 Its attack moves suck though. <_< Apart from like, two good fire moves. And the Kimono Girls' dance was long and awkward to watch, and this is a video game we're talking about.
In any case, I traded my Pidgeot and Weepinbell for Lugia and Gengar, which I replaced Gengar with Ho-Oh, so it makes it 3 legendaries I have on my team. Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Entei. I find it hard to love Ho-Oh and Typhlosion though, due to mostly fire moves, and Entei having mostly normal moves and one fire. Gyarados or Raticate need to learn Thunder as well.

Complications. :(

Shiro-kun

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Red is epic and definitly strong.When i faced him for the first time i was shocked at how high the levels are.
His HGSS Lvl 87 Pikachu is the highest leveled pokemon in the series (once again ) outside the Battle Tower (which is adjusted) and Player Pokemon.

but his team is weak though , i considered Lance (first (after Johto) and second (after Kanto) times) more of a challenge but it was fun to see how ludicrous his team levels were.

....i must admit i was surprised when went back to the Elite Four ...and faced a Lvl 60 teams instead of Lvl 40 teams O-o (ooh its just like Platinum's Elite Four nice ...now i dont get easy Exp T_T)

Edit : In HgSS the Elite Four dont level up with you , they become stronger automatically after you defeat Blue and collected all the Kanto badges.

Xerneas

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I almost forgot about this thread. I like these starters, in fact they're my favourites as a group. So far the 5th gen designs have been very encouraging, although a lot of people have problems with the Water starter Mijumaru. I think its cute even though the design is busy. And the new trainers look awesome although the girl is pushing it with those booty shorts. It was bad enough in the past with the underage mains, but now people have more validity in wanting to sexualize her.

My only concern is that the Isshu region seems really isolated from the other regions. The speculation is that GameFreak has moved out of Japan for the first time ever - best guess is Hong Kong so far. If thats the case though, the pokédex will be just like in RSE where there was a lot of exotic pokémon, but very few from previous games. Which means the pokédex will be extremely tedious to complete (legally, that is) seeing as how there's gonna be ~600 in total.