Games - The Pokémon Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So I'm up against Elite 4. I have yet to fight Lance. The rest were easy, Karen being the hardest but beatable anyway. It seems like I only need simple weakness to beat them. <_< Was so much harder before, especially against even Will. All of Bruno was done in one shot kill. I don't think I have any moves that can combat dragon type though, so this'll be interesting. Though, Gyarados does know blizzard.

I have beaten Lance. Itemspam and strategy FTW.

Last edited:

Xerneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Legendary Pokémon revealed. They look pretty awesome, even though both have some Palkia-ish features. But seriously, ALL the pokémon/trainer/location designs so far from this gen look good!

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/?SP-A-001=main#/legend.

Shockingly, the American website updated with this info as well. I'm pleased to note that the names aren't being changed for the English release.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Legendary Pokémon revealed. They look pretty awesome, even though both have some Palkia-ish features. But seriously, ALL the pokémon/trainer/location designs so far from this gen look good!

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/?SP-A-001=main#/legend.

Shockingly, the American website updated with this info as well. I'm pleased to note that the names aren't being changed for the English release.
Is there another link Arceus, the japan one wont load for me. :o

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They're looking good,especially the black one.
Wonder how their story is.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Discuss your favourite Pokemon, favourite character, favourite game, and rant at GARY M**HERF**KING OAK.

Let's face it, you can't catch them all
Blai, cmon, stop bullshitting me here. Its called Gameshark/Action Replay. I've caught them all and I am a pokemon master to GTFO! lol

Cool thread, I was wondering why I have never seen it before :blink. Anywho I've pretty much played all the pokemon hand held games. Currently playing Soul Silver right now. Great game, taking me back to my childhood playing gold on the Gameboy Color. Looking forward to Black and White although the legendaries aren't looking too good right now except that the black one looks promising. To me the white one likes like it was different pokemon parts all squished together in a bad lab accident. :XD

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I used to cheat with Action Replay alot in Saphire/Emerald :D Gave up afterwars though, cuz it became a mess in the versions after with the thousands of new Pkms...

oh yeah and.. shiny cheat sucks. back to nature! :shakefist

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was actually messing with Blai, lol. I never owned a gameshark once when I was younger. In red, any cheat I did do was all in game glitches (the rare candy glitch and the mew glitch). My most recent case was using my friends Action Replay on my Diamond version to get all TMs, maxed out master balls, rare candy's and to catch like 3-4 more rare pokemon with a specific nature (was EV training). Other than that I have never really "cheated" in my pokemon games.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
own gameshark, what doya mean wit tis :oh
Lol, I did use it on the emulator versions for gameboy advance, since I didn't buy anything other than the color versions. It's fun to cheat after having once cleared all gymleaders and the league, cuz there's no much more to do than collecting Pokemon.

And the cheat for catching the Pokemons of the opponent is so cool :D

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gameshark is like an action replay but it was for the old Gameboy Games. There was no Action Replay back in the 90s, lol.

See I used the Action Replay because I was EV training pokemon so that I could have a team when I face my friends. I'm not really hardcore into battling but my friends and I like to do it once in a while. Now in order to maximize EV training you need to have a specific nature of a pokemon to maximize a certain state. For example an adamant natured pokemon would have higher attack stats. Now this whole process can get annoying or trying to find a pokemon of a specific nature you want so I used the Action Replay to help me get the nature and the pokemon I wanted to save some time and trouble of aimlessly searching for days for the pokemon I needed, lol.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Screw GameShark!! I had a Monster Brain, though I called it a Master Brain. Greatest cheating system for Gold and Silver ever. The blog I linked to was the only place I could fin decent info about it, though mine only worked on Gold and Silver not the other Color games like the blog says.

Reactions: M3J

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So does anyone remember the Rare Candy Glitch and Missingno for Red and Blue?

It was absolutely awesome! BUT my first time around on my Red I thought I was badass and pulled the biggest noob move ever.....I caught Missingno :darn. Yep, all was cool in the world for like 10 days, I was the king of the crop and had this RARE glitch pokemon which for some reason was a flying type :darn. But then one day came when I was in the pokemon center and all of a sudden................my game froze.....I was staring at my gameboy in shock.....I turned it off, turned it back on, and found that there was no gamedata! :o :faint. Yes my friends I had to restart all over again :scry....BUT THERE WAS HOPE!!! For one since I had already played the game once I would now be able to do it all again and do everything right this time not making any mistakes and capturing everything I needed to. SECONDLY! Because my game had been erased, I used my game to give all my friends all 3 starters. What I would do was pick each starter, trade them, and then restart the game. I even was able to get myself all three started because I traded them to my friends and then they traded them back to me. It took me about 9 restarts in like one day but it was worth it. So in the end I had lost everything but gained more :).

So kids, the moral of the story is don't catch Missingno! IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR GAME! Yes I was became a legend amongst my friends by doing so but at the same time I was a fool! In the end I got lucky and escaped with minor scratches and was even able to turn a bad situation into a good one, but you may not be so lucky as I was!!! :shakefist

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I caught like 12 of dem bitches, and yes, I had my game freeze many times. Though when mine frozen, it didn't erase all the data, just had to go back to my last save point. :p I had waaaay to many "pokemon" that knew "water gun, water gun, and something else" lol.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I win because after the first one screwing me over I never attempted to do that again. But also since I had to restart my game that time, I was able to do the Mew Glitch where you initiate a battle with someone on one of the routes, don't remember which. But before the battle starts you fly away to cerulean. At that point your start screen is locked until you initiate another battle with a specific guy to the path north of the city. After that you fly to lavender town and when you walk left onto the first route where you used fly, it remembers that there was supposed to be a battle in that area and initiates one right on the walkway. And based on who you battled with in cerulean and what not you end up facing a level 7 Mew :XD. It was a crap load of fun. Like gameshark and action replay can be fun, but nothing is better to me than the in game glitches that don't require using a shark or anything. To me those were just way more exciting and felt much more accomplishing when you pulled it off.

Here is the Bulbapedia page for more accurate info on it ;)

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I had no idea you could do that :o

But then again, my first game was Silver, so I got Blue, Red, Yellow afterwards so didn't catch many of the glitches as I didn't play them enough.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahh I see. Yea Red was my first love :XD. But I was also a little kid when I first got it and had made a lot of mistakes my first time through. So when I did have to start over when my save data was lost from Missingno, I was fortunately older and more experienced with games in general and was able to do everything right that time around. On top of that I was able to do that glitch because I hadn't battled the guy on route 14 yet and in my old file I had, so I would not have been able to do that if my game hadn't froze.

ALSO my favorite glitch from Gold was the cloning. You could do it with the PC and while you saving the game after discarding the pokemon in the box, you could turn it off at the right time and when you turned it back on you would have the same pokemon cloned. One In your party and one in a box. So what I ended up doing was trading over all my badass pokemon from red in the time machine, clone them in Gold this way I could have one for both games, and then trade back the original.

Again I've never used a game shark for those games but I was always taking advantage of in game glitches and it felt so much more exciting knowing that I was exploiting in game things for my advantage :XD.

raptor02_2001

Reaction score
Country
United States
since i read this thread... it is seem expert pokemon player are there ...

one thing, i need help for Sliver Pokemon for DS version..

how i get poke flute ? I love old sliver game but new DS version ... because big guy block dig cave ....

i prefer to play wihout cheat or game shark... because i am enjoy to play ...

Xerneas

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Bunch of new pokémon revealed! This gen is on fire so far. Its like a fanservice explosion. Most people wanted a female professor and we got one! And that Chinchilla pokémon.....*explodes from cuteness*

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States
well the legendaries certainly look a lot better than last gen's, they almost look kinda cool :tem

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow....a pigeon pokemon :darn. I dunno, I'm looking forward to the game but there are times I'm not really blown back by the pokemon I've seen so far. The black legendary is cool to me but the white one looks a bit irregular like a bunch of different pokemon parts were just thrown together, lol. Thats just my opinion of course. But anywho as of now my feelings in design are mixed overall but I'm still looking forward to this generation :)!

edit: Actually the more I look at these few screen shots the more I'm slightly starting to like them. The pigeon I'm still not a huge fan of but the gears look kinda funny and the alligator has potential in that its something new.

Last edited: