Theory - The Red Line is hollow | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory The Red Line is hollow

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you mean in the sense it is empty space or do you actually expect a whole ass civilization in there?

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Do you mean in the sense it is empty space or do you actually expect a whole ass civilization in there?
I expect most of it to be inhabited.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I expect most of it to be inhabited.
That would be wild to happen this late in the game. Like why have we not seen it or have it mentioned, would be a huge oversight don't you think? Not If it is a secret society that even the WG doesn't know about e.g. the Ancient Kingdom actually survived hidden away in pockets within the Red Line that could be interesting but would seem to be a stretch. Only way I could see this is if it's a place similar size as an island and just one of them and not all throughout the Red Line. That could be a cool arc of its own or maybe something that gets used for a movie.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
That would be wild to happen this late in the game. Like why have we not seen it or have it mentioned, would be a huge oversight don't you think? Not If it is a secret society that even the WG doesn't know about e.g. the Ancient Kingdom actually survived hidden away in pockets within the Red Line that could be interesting but would seem to be a stretch. Only way I could see this is if it's a place similar size as an island and just one of them and not all throughout the Red Line. That could be a cool arc of its own or maybe something that gets used for a movie.
Maybe it was hinted and you just didn't noticed. 🧐

Isn't it weird that the walls around Wano ended up flooding the whole place? I think it was meant to cover it up all the way to the top, but the contructions of the walls was interrupted mid-way.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you could dig a hole in the Red Line, this is what you would find:

I love this theory, but is there any evidence of this on the story?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
How I read what the story is building up to is that "the dawn" will have something to do with the destruction of the red line. This is why noah is necessary, the sea kings will use it to safely take at least most of the fishman population to the surface. Hard to imagine that happening with a whole civilization living inside the red line.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not sure why people subscribe to this idea that destroying the Red Line will fix anything in a story where racism and slavery is the problem. Destroying a rock wouldn't change anything.

The idea that destroying the red line and giving free access to the Grand Line is wild to me... who in their right mind even wants to go to the Grand Line when there are sea kings, crazy weather... everything is trying to kill you. Not sure why access to the Grand Line by destroying the red line is considered a legitimate theory in the fandom.

I also don't think this theory is remotely plausible, how can there be some society inside the Red Line, and the WG being there for almost a millennium didn't notice.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How I read what the story is building up to is that "the dawn" will have something to do with the destruction of the red line. This is why noah is necessary, the sea kings will use it to safely take at least most of the fishman population to the surface. Hard to imagine that happening with a whole civilization living inside the red line.
Hannibal has a good point.

According to Whitebeard, the One Piece is going to "turn the world upside down". An easier way to cross the four oceans is not exactly mind blowing.

Also, if you destroy the Red Line, isn't the rubble going to raise the sea level? Assuming Reverse Mountain covers 1% of the surface of the planet, going 10,000 meters above the sea level, it would raise the sea level in the planet by 100 meters.

I love this theory, but is there any evidence of this on the story?
The Sunlight Tree Eve absorbs sunlight and oxygen, and release it on its root at Fish-man island.

That tree is literally inside of the Red Line, but the top is nowhere to be seen, despite it having proportions comparable to the Red Line itself.

So there's sunlight and oxygen inside the Red Line?

I also don't think this theory is remotely plausible, how can there be some society inside the Red Line, and the WG being there for almost a millennium didn't notice.
The Red Line is impenetrable, so most people would never know. 🤷

I assume the higher ups at the WG knows, but silence anyone who finds out about it.

Last edited:

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States

According to Whitebeard, the One Piece is going to "turn the world upside down". An easier way to cross the four oceans is not exactly mind blowing.

Also, if you destroy the Red Line, isn't the rubble going to raise the sea level? Assuming Reverse Mountain covers 1% of the surface of the planet, going 10,000 meters above the sea level, it would raise the sea level in the planet by 100 meters.

The Sunlight Tree Eve absorbs sunlight and oxygen, and release it on its root at Fish-man island.

That tree is literally inside of the Red Line, but the top is nowhere to be seen, despite it having proportions comparable to the Red Line itself.

I assume the higher ups at the WG knows, but silence anyone who finds out about it.
I think they said that the tree comes up through sabahody. The trees we see in Sabahody are the top of the roots we see in fishmen island.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Setting aside that tearing down an indestructible 10000 meter tall continent is in every way possible mindblowing, it also thematically fits the story. It's an indestructible piece of land which keeps the world separated in two along with being where the tenryubito live. one world, one ocean... It is possible that fishman island gets destroyed but the red line largely survives the event though.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I think they said that the tree comes up through sabahody. The trees we see in Sabahody are the top of the roots we see in fishmen island.
Saboady Archipelago is not in the same place as Fish-man Island. :SOON

They are the same specimen of tree, but that's all.

Setting aside that tearing down an indestructible 10000 meter tall continent is in every way possible mindblowing, it also thematically fits the story. It's an indestructible piece of land which keeps the world separated in two along with being where the tenryubito live. one world, one ocean... It is possible that fishman island gets destroyed but the red line largely survives the event though.
Ok, but it's possible to cross the Calm Belt using a Marine ship. Is the One Piece really something that could be replaced by stealing a Marine ship?

The real life equivalent would be if the only way to cross a mountain with a vehicle was using a tunnel, but because you don't like to pay the toll you drop a nuclear bomb and destroy the mountain. Freedom yay?

====================

I noticed something. In chapter 979, when Roger is laughing, he's sitting on the floor (you can see his leg). The rest of the Roger Pirates are also sitting around him.

So, where exactly is the One Piece? Maybe they are inside of it?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Saboady Archipelago is not in the same place as Fish-man Island. :SOON

They are the same specimen of tree, but that's all.

Ok, but it's possible to cross the Calm Belt using a Marine ship. Is the One Piece really something that could be replaced by stealing a Marine ship?

The real life equivalent would be if the only way to cross a mountain with a vehicle was using a tunnel, but because you don't like to pay the toll you drop a nuclear bomb and destroy the mountain. Freedom yay?

====================

I noticed something. In chapter 979, when Roger is laughing, he's sitting on the floor (you can see his leg). The rest of the Roger Pirates are also sitting around him.

So, where exactly is the One Piece? Maybe they are inside of it?

Wait, I didn't say this was the one piece. I see this as just a part of what is coming.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
my theory about the red line was the existence of a specific point, when hit with the gura gura no mi, simply brings down the whole chain, causes the sea water level to rise everywhere, hence, sengoku's words about WB's power to destroy the world

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I can't imagine a single human or even an army having the power to bring down the continent. Oda makes the point it is indestructible. If I had to guess it'd be something like an ancient weapon that can pull this off. I am guessing once the walls come down at wano and pluto is released it will target majiroa.. at which point noah will be necessary.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Yeah because One Piece is the truth about the Void Century, it's not literally going to shake the world.

It just makes no sense, destroying a rock is going to do what exactly?
End racism?
End slavery?

No different to what Joker said, the National Treasure of Mariejoise will shake the world - the truth about Imu's existence and role.

Everything about One Piece is based on the truth that the WG has kept hidden from the world. They kill people for just knowing the name of the Ancient Kingdom, Nika, anything related to the Void Century. The most valuable commodity in One Piece is knowledge. Not some society apparently hiding in a rock that the WG know about... that doesn't add up to me anyhow.

There's just no hidden civilization hiding on the Red Line, there's simply no evidence for it, otherwise I'd love to see it. It would also serve no purpose if the Red Line was hollow, what exactly does it achieve to the story as a whole? If legitimate argument can be made for it, sure, but... I'm sceptical.

Again, no one can even explain why being able to access the Grand Line would be great:
  • The weather is treacherous enough to kill, like people don't go to the Bermuda triangle, so why would anyone want to go to somewhere supposedly killing people?
  • Very little amount of people can survive... so why opening up the Grand Line to everyone... might as well encourage people to be suicidal. Hey we just opened up the Grand Line to everyone and their grand ma, go for the adventure of a life time that will 99% take your life...
  • All manner of beasts and sea kings dwell in it. Might as well sleep inside a Zoo exhibit if you're willing to enter into the Grandline as a normal person in One piece.
Who in their right mind wants to sail in dangerous oceans besides Pirates looking for One Piece?

Last edited:

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Never thought about it! 😮

What I find strange is that (world nobles aside) no one lives on that planet-sized continent.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oda has made the point that the red line is inhabitable. Lunarians lived there but unless I am misremembering they were said to be able to live in any environment. Another plot point that ties to this is the revolutionary strategy to starve out majiroa. They are attacking ships that take food there... Which would evidence majiroa not growing food.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Oda has made the point that the red line is inhabitable. Lunarians lived there but unless I am misremembering they were said to be able to live in any environment. Another plot point that ties to this is the revolutionary strategy to starve out majiroa. They are attacking ships that take food there... Which would evidence majiroa not growing food.
I suppose since the Lunarians can fly, the Red Line is not a burden like for any other race.