Other - The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~ | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread reminds me of a TV show I used to watch when I was younger. The show was called “Are you Afraid of The Dark?” It was a show based on a group of kids called "The Midnight Society". Members meet in a location in the woods and take turns telling their own spooky tales. "

"We're called The Midnight Society. Seperately, we're very different. We like different things, we go to different schools, and we have different friends. But one thing draws us together: the dark! Each day, we gather around this fire to share our fears and our strange and scary tales. It's what got us together, and it's what keeps bringing us back. This is a warning to all who join us: you're going to leave the comfort of the light and step into the world of the supernatural."

Here’s a true story told by someone named Alicia, I found it on a site and I was pretty spooked after I read it.

My friend and I were babysitting and we started getting spooked, so we put the two kids to bed and started watching TV. I got up to get a drink and noticed that there was a thing that looked like a clown sitting in the dining room chair. I told my friend and we called the owner of the house. What she told us scared the heck out of us! She said to get out of the house IMMEDIATELY. When we asked why, she told us that her neighbor was a deranged midget and sometimes he would dress up like a clown and break into their house. He has threatened them before but they thought he was just kidding. We got the kids and called the police. Everybody is safe and he is now in a mental institution. We later gave up our babysitting job…
I’m not very fond of clowns and after reading that story…well, let’s just say I won't be warming up to clowns any time soon.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The Ghost Stories Thread - Scaredy Cats Beware!

I've been meaning to create this thread for a while, but somehow I keep forgetting to. Anyway, this is thread in which we can all share ghost stories, be them about actual ghosts or just plain old creepy and disturbing tales (creepypastas are welcome too!). I may be a scaredy cat when it comes to playing horror games such as Silent Hill and the like (I mean even RE4 is pretty damn creepy), I do love me a good ghost story. A lot of the time I find myself unfazed by horror films, finding written and oral tales a whole lot creepier. So yeah, here we can share some of the scariest stories we know (or perhaps that have actually happened to us *shudder*).

I'll start with one with one which I've heard a lot of people tell, in fact it even pops in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure of all things (as part of Part 4's plot actually). A lot of you have probably heard it already but here it goes:

The Licked Hand
"Once there was a nice old lady who had a lovely little dog. One day, the old lady heard on the radio that a crazy murderer had escaped from jail and that she should lock all her doors and windows. So she locked every door and window in the house except one tiny one to let some air in. She thought that a murderer would never get in through there.

So that night she went to bed as usual. She knew everything was okay because when she put down her hand the dog licked it. But later in the night she heard a drip, drip, drip. She put her hand down and the dog licked it and everything was okay, so she went downstairs to check out the tap. But the tap wasn't dripping. So she went to bed again. And everything was okay. She woke up again later in the night, though, so she thought the dripping sound must be coming from the shower. She went into the bathroom, and there was her dog, dead, hanging in the shower, dripping with blood, all its intestines hanging out. Written on the mirror was: "Humans can lick, too!" And behind her in the mirror, she saw the murderer."

There are many variations of this tale, but the one above is the version I've heard the most. I wonder about the origins of this story, I mean for a long time I though it was a regional or national story but apparently it's told world wide. Here's the wikipedia article about it by the way.

Here's another that's pretty popular. This story was actually in my English textbook and we did a reading of it in class one time. The version in my textbook was set somewhere in Asia, and after doing some research it seems that this is a local Singaporean ghost story. The variant here isn't exactly the one I first heard but here it is:

The Taxi Driver
"There was once a taxi driver. He was driving home late one night, after a long day of working and taking people here and there, he didn't have the energy to really pay attention. He turned onto a road which led to his house, when he saw a girl by the side of the road, she looked like she was waiting for someone. She was wearing a blue dress, a very fancy one that you would probably use for a high-school prom or something, like I said, he wasn't paying attention, but he didn't have the stone-heart to just leave her there, all alone in the night.

He drove up the girl's side and asked her if she needed a ride, the girl nodded and got in the passenger's side of the car. The taxi driver drove along the road, hearing the girl's instructions on how to get to her house. Now, this part of the story might sound completely unbelievable but this is how I was told: the taxi-driver lives in this forest-like area, where there a lot of trees and plant-life, and at the moment he was passing the low part of the forest (or whatever) which means that if you were standing in the forest, you would have to climb upward if you wanted to get to the road, like on a hill. The man was not prepared for this next thing to happen, the passenger's car door was suddenly thrown open and the girl whom the man picked up flew out of the car and into the low part of the forest, the strange part was that he didn't hear the thumping noises from which should have been heard from such violent landing.

He stopped the car, ran out but no matter how long and how hard he looked, he couldn't find the body of the girl he had picked up. The taxi-driver gave up, and just went home, but questions were burning him inside, so first thing the next morning, he followed the directions the girl had given him and arrived to a house. He knocked, asked if any girl by the name of (whatever, I don't know her name), the bad thing was that the people said that the girl had died several years ago. When he asked them how, they said that she had been at a party, when time to leave, she left with her friend because she didn't have a ride. Half-way, when she was about to get home, the passenger's side door flew open and the girl slipped out of the vehicle due to the high velocity and speed at which her drunk friend was driving at, she rolled off the road and into the huge forest trench, a knock on the head from a large tree trunk caused her death several hours later.

Her spirit just reenacts her death, with anyone her has the heart to give her a ride..."

Now it's you guys' turn to share. If anyone has any creepy stories about Black Dogs in particular, I would love to read one. I've always found that particular ghost to be immensely creepy :D

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Ghost Stories Thread - Scaredy Cats Beware!

This is true and happened to me personally. It's not the same as the scary stories told by CrudeCross, but it definitely has a creep factor to it.

When I was 17 (may have been 18?) and very bored with the usual Friday night partying, I decided to do something a little different with my friends. There was a rumor that a nearby railroad track, called the Mary Town Tracks, was haunted by some children that died there many years ago. It was a favorite suburban legend for the high schoolers to claim that if you go out to the deserted tracks after dark, put some baby powder on your back windshield, and stall on the tracks that the ghosts of the dead children would place their hands on the back window and you could see their hand prints in the white powder.

I told my friends that we should try it to prove that the rumors were all stupid and fake, and some of them agreed that it was an interesting idea. So Friday night, we poured the powder on the back window of my friend's car and stayed on the Mary Town Tracks at midnight. After a few very tense minutes, nothing happened. So we decided it was a all a myth and started to back out to leave.

Unfortunately, my friend Azia, the driver, backed into a ditch and couldn't pull out. We were stuck in the middle of no where in the middle of the night. A few guys and I got out into the swampy water ditch and tried pushing with everything we had while Azia revved the gas to try and get out. After making no progress, we all got out and waited for someone to pass.

Eventually, a man driving a pick-up truck saw us and came back with a rope and pulled up out of the ditch. We thanked him and then left to go back into town.

But after the man left, I turned and looked at the back window of the car, horrified. "You guys? There are hand prints on the window..." Some were clear, some were dragging down through the powder. Of course, we all knew that they were OUR hand marks from when we were trying to push the car out...

Or were they?

Creepyyyyyyyy! XD

Needless to say the first thing we did was go straight to the car wash station and rinse that shit off.

The end!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Everyone - has heard about bad luck associated with seeing a black cat, I'm sure.
I see one or two once in a while and I can't help but think of that superstition.
Happens all the time when I see one, although its not something I believe or adhere to . ^_^

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

We have this equivalent of the Bloody Mary story, I'm not sure if it's ours though. It's just really popularyand it sounds like the Bloody Mary story. You gather with people in a circle, hold hands, close your eyes and start calling for the Queen of Spades. You also have to draw a red circle on a mirror, in a dark room, and the person there has to be alone. You then proceed calling for the Queen of Spades. Supposedly, she comes out of the mirror and takes your head off. Of course it varies, but that's the basic idea.

There were many stories like that from my childhood, like the blood stain that appears on the wall, indicating that you will die soon, and some stories that were made up by the kids or their parents. I never believed in those though. xD

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

I really don't believe this kind of thing, I think it's always the mind playing tricks on people
That being said, I have my own story :D

When I was 16 I had this basketball trip and my team would be playing in another town the whole weekend. We were sleeping in the school where the tournement was being held. A friend of mine had family in town, so after friday's game we decided to sneak out and he called his cousin to pick us up.
We went to his family country house where a soft party was going, nothing too crazy since his cousins parents lived there. He and his family lived on the main house but after the party, around 1 am, we were returning some stuff to the pool house. The pool house was very big itself, with 2 floors, but it was always locked up because the main house was even bigger and there was no need to use both houses.
The trick is, a old caretaker used to live there, but he died 3 years before from a blood clot or something like that.
So I was taking a piss in the bathroom when I heard a BANG, a broken glass noise and screams coming after. I ran at the screams direction and 3 of my teammates were veeery pale, they were screaming like madmen and running off the house. One of the guys swear that he saw the old caretaker, he was with a small cut on his arm, the other 2 said that they felt something strange. They said that the caretaker hit the window, broke the window and showed up behind them

O obviously went to the room with this guy cousin to see what happened. The window was opened and the mirror was broken on the floor. But when I looked at it, the window lock was defective and there was a old shirt hanging on a coat hanger on the corner of the room. Off course the wind opened the window that had a malfunctioning lock, the window hit the mirror and one of the guys saw the shadow of the shirt and got scared shitless and screamed, the others followed. The sidebar of the door had a little edgy point and one of them got cut while running.
I tried to explain everything to them but they weren't having none of it, they were really scared and didn't sleep a thing that night. On the saturday's games they played like shit, that was really hard to win both games. Even today 2 of them swear that something was wrong in that room that day, while the other agree that he just got scared.

It really happened and for me it only proves that scared people can see strange things.
I hope that the story is understandable... I wrote it but lost everything when I hit f5 by accident, then I wrote everything again in a hurry.