Discussion - The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition. | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition.

As we move on to Zou, who is the potential "Nakama" to join the Straw Hat?

• Wanda, Dog Mink (female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)

• Sicilian, Lion Mink (male)

• Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"

• Kanjuro, Samurai

• Total voters

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Chopper was inspired by Hiluluk's dream to travel around the globe.
Isn't Chopper's dream to be the world's greatest doctor? I remember him saying as much. He wants to be able to cure any disease or something like that.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Zoro swore loyalty to Luffy. Interestingly there was a few times which Zoro implied he would only stay in the crew if they deserve it.

Chopper was inspired by Hiluluk's dream to travel around the globe.

Luffy gave Robin a new will to live, at a point which she believed there was nothing else she could find out about the Void Century.

That's a nice way to put it in words.

Dunno. Jinbe would want to preserve Ace's legacy I think.
Yeah, but Zoro wouldn't have joined the crew if there was no chance of him becoming the greatest swordsman. I don't remember Chopper being inspired by Hiluluk's dream to travel, but I do know he wanted to become the greatest doctor in the world, so that's another reason to travel with the crew. Luffy didn't give Robin a new will to live, he just saved her and I guess was obligated to take her with him as result. She didn't seem to get a will to live until a while after she joined the crew, probably before or around meeting Aokiji where he froze her and Luffy.

Thank you.

Is that not the same thing? I don't think Jinbei was keen on Luffy or helping Luffy or joining him or something until closer to the end of the war. I remember Jinbei not being as friendly to Luffy, but I don't remember more than that.

But the ones currently sailing with the crew have a reason to join the crew specifically. No character so far mentioned as contenders have any reason to join Luffy, especially not a kid who's a royalty.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
A random video clip on the possibility of new nakama, or not ...

It does appear that most people speculate the high possibility for Jinbei. :teehee

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see anyone joining from Zou.

I hope Luffy and others meet someone from Big Mom's Tea Party who will join his crew.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
My theory about Pekoms seems to be growing more valid as we continue to get alluding to his past. Also, Pedro is now in a position to prove if he's SH material.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
My theory about Pekoms seems to be growing more valid as we continue to get alluding to his past. Also, Pedro is now in a position to prove if he's SH material.
We shall see what's gonna happen next as Luffy Team travels to Whole Cake Island and see how it would play out. Hopefully we will have a conclusive answer by then.

Aren't you excited about it? :loool

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Pekom's would be an interesting choice but so far he seems to have literally no reason to join the strawhats. At this point the only thing I could think of is big mom not taking him back due to technically betraying her or loosing to one of the crew's rookies. In this case though its gonna be pekom's vs bege's word in which case the one that gets the short end of the stick is bege.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Even if Pekoms is to be "kicked out" of Big Mom Pirates, he still has his home to go back to - Zou Island - where his fellow Mink families are there.

Of course Pekoms has choices to consider at the end of the day. :^_^

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Pedro is more likely to join the crew than Pekoms. I hope they don't, though.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I see no point of a Mink joining when we have Chopper already who can considered to be similar to Minks
Jinbe is already a member of the crew IMO, and will definitely join officially during the Kaido showdown

Having a fishman in the crew is far more beneficial compared to a Mink although they're very strong, and besides having an ex Shichibukai is even more impressive than some random Mink no matter how good they are

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see no point of a Mink joining when we have Chopper already who can considered to be similar to Minks
Jinbe is already a member of the crew IMO, and will definitely join officially during the Kaido showdown

Having a fishman in the crew is far more beneficial compared to a Mink although they're very strong, and besides having an ex Shichibukai is even more impressive than some random Mink no matter how good they are
No offense, but the Minks have more fighting experience than Chopper. Despite how powerful his transformations are, there's a reason he's classified with Usopp and Nami among the Weakling Trio.

Anyway, ProGoddess believes that Carrot is accompanying Luffy's group to Whole Cake Island. This may be a chance for her to prove her chops. Of course, we still need to know if she has a depressing backstory before we're sure she's SH material.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
No offense, but the Minks have more fighting experience than Chopper. Despite how powerful his transformations are, there's a reason he's classified with Usopp and Nami among the Weakling Trio.

Anyway, ProGoddess believes that Carrot is accompanying Luffy's group to Whole Cake Island. This may be a chance for her to prove her chops. Of course, we still need to know if she has a depressing backstory before we're sure she's SH material.
Well, this would depend on exactly what mink you are comparing choper too. I would argue it should take well more than an average mink to beat chopper. Even the weakling trio you mention sports some serious firepower nowadays. Ussop with his variety of plants, bullets and slingshots has shown enough firepower to literally make craters and he has the sheer physical prowess to lift a rather large amount of rocks, aim it and shot it precisely. Even his physical strength is well within what you could call superhuman. Nami just got an upgrade to her clima tact and even the actual limits of her previous one were unclear. It would probably take the stronger minks to match chopper though it is debatable with how much margin they would win or loose.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Has nothing to do with strength, simply that Chopper is already a Mink in a sense, where's the novelty of having another Mink when you have Chopper ? Fighting prowess ? That's ridiculous because no matter how good they are, they probably can't match Jinbe in both usefulness and strength

dougbp

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Carrot will be the next mugiwara!

Solenoo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Oda said the next nakama will be an ex villain, you just have to accept it that CC will be the next nakama. The SH already have an animal aboard, plus her ability is some what inferior to chopper, cause besides an ass whooping machine he's also a doctor.

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda said the next nakama will be an ex villain, you just have to accept it that CC will be the next nakama. The SH already have an animal aboard, plus her ability is some what inferior to chopper, cause besides an ass whooping machine he's also a doctor.
I actually forgot ODA did say that the next member would be a villain, well ex villain. But I'm not 100% sure it'll be CC. I mean if so I'll deal with it but at best I think either during the year of sanji or when they enter wano is when we might get a new member

Although I did hope the next member would be a female.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought that was just a rumor. Where's the official confirmation?

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually forgot ODA did say that the next member would be a villain, well ex villain. But I'm not 100% sure it'll be CC. I mean if so I'll deal with it but at best I think either during the year of sanji or when they enter wano is when we might get a new member

Although I did hope the next member would be a female.
i think it's far from guaranteed that CC will be the next crew member, i mean Pekoms also fits that description plus it could be a character we have not even seen yet. Who knows how it will end up going i think everyone tends to take Oda and his editors words as Guaranteed truth in regards to this type of stuff when really i think it's quite likely imo that these things may turn out to be different then we believe them to be. i think it's probably just best to wait and see rather than make assumptions.