Discussion - The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition. | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition.

As we move on to Zou, who is the potential "Nakama" to join the Straw Hat?

• Wanda, Dog Mink (female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)

• Sicilian, Lion Mink (male)

• Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"

• Kanjuro, Samurai

• Total voters

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Oda said the next nakama will be an ex villain, you just have to accept it that CC will be the next nakama. The SH already have an animal aboard, plus her ability is some what inferior to chopper, cause besides an ass whooping machine he's also a doctor.
Didn't Luffy took down Chopper with a single punch in Punk Hazard? I think Pedro or Carrot probably could withstand more than that...

Oda said the next nakama will be an ex villain
Could you please share the source?

Last edited:

EddyBob15

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Carrot has the energy and enthusiasm for a Straw Hat, however, we won't know for sure if she's capable of joining until we see if she has a dark past. I think we can qualify wanting to see the world as a dream.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
i think it's far from guaranteed that CC will be the next crew member, i mean Pekoms also fits that description plus it could be a character we have not even seen yet. Who knows how it will end up going i think everyone tends to take Oda and his editors words as Guaranteed truth in regards to this type of stuff when really i think it's quite likely imo that these things may turn out to be different then we believe them to be. i think it's probably just best to wait and see rather than make assumptions.
how does Pekoms fit the description when he hasn't even been a villain yet? The closest thing was the reveal that he's in Big Mom's crew, otherwise he hasn't done anything villainous as far as I recall.

It could also be Crocodile who joins, as he seems to be an ex villain for now.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
how does Pekoms fit the description when he hasn't even been a villain yet? The closest thing was the reveal that he's in Big Mom's crew, otherwise he hasn't done anything villainous as far as I recall.

I would love it if Crocodile joins, but it seems farfetched and honestly sounds like a bad idea in regard to Luffy's relationship with Vivi
CC so far seems the candidate, but what he did was fairly unforgivable so can hardly see Luffy allowing him to join

Perhaps it is another villain that isn't shown yet ?

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love it if Crocodile joins, but it seems farfetched and honestly sounds like a bad idea in regard to Luffy's relationship with Vivi
CC so far seems the candidate, but what he did was fairly unforgivable so can hardly see Luffy allowing him to join

What about Kuzan? He was technically qualified as a villain, and since he's allied with Blackbeard, he apparently has no qualms with going pirate. Besides, his power would better aid the Straw Hats than Blackbeard.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

While i don't personally consider him a "villain" he was introduced trying to extort candy from Fishman Island plus he is on Big Mom's crew and i believe they are portrayed as villains so far. i don't think it will be Crocodile mainly because he has a subordinate in Mr 1, where does he go if Crocodile joins? Not to mention Crocodile is self serving and i can't see that changing at least not enough to be a crew member. I have never understood the appeal of CC sure he is intelligent and funny at times but he is a complete coward (something we already have in Usopp) plus he is almost entirely out for himself, He may be able to redeem himself somewhat but i just find it hard to see how Oda would fully redeem someone who drugged kids.

Last edited:

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Even when Pekoms came to collect the candies, he didn't showed any antagonism towards Luffy. Tamago even tried to convince Big Mom to accept Luffy's offer of taking the treasure.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even when Pekoms came to collect the candies, he didn't showed any antagonism towards Luffy. Tamago even tried to convince Big Mom to accept Luffy's offer of taking the treasure.
Like i said i would not consider him one either but there is a possibility that Oda would consider him one for the reasons i outlined.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Not necessarily as Vivi would trust Luffy, but Crocodile as we last saw him hasn't shown to be Straw Hat worthy. Even though Crocodile saved Luffy and Jinbei, he didn't necessarily do it for them.

CC also hasn't shown any remorse or hint of change, has he? Unless he does something to sacrifice himself, he has almost no chance of joining. I think it could be a villain that hasn't been shown yet, as bar Crocodile no other ex or possible ex villain have shown what they can bring to the table.

What about Kuzan? He was technically qualified as a villain, and since he's allied with Blackbeard, he apparently has no qualms with going pirate. Besides, his power would better aid the Straw Hats than Blackbeard.
How is he qualified as a villain when he saved Smoker's life and encouraged Smoker to let Akainu know what's going on? He hasn't shown villainous tendencies or thoughts, apart from bein allied with Blackbeard.
While i don't personally consider him a "villain" he was introduced trying to extort candy from Fishman Island plus he is on Big Mom's crew and i believe they are portrayed as villains so far. i don't think it will be Crocodile mainly because he has a subordinate in Mr 1, where does he go if Crocodile joins? Not to mention Crocodile is self serving and i can't see that changing at least not enough to be a crew member. I have never understood the appeal of CC sure he is intelligent and funny at times but he is a complete coward (something we already have in Usopp) plus he is almost entirely out for himself, He may be able to redeem himself somewhat but i just find it hard to see how Oda would fully redeem someone who drugged kids.
That's not really villainous as the extortion was on his boss's order, and he tried to convince her to accept somethin else again.

CC is annoying, and for some reason members here are into bad, annoying characters like him, Bellamy, Pink, and etc.

Wouldn't be shocked if Carrot joins or is hinted to join, even if she doesn't.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not necessarily as Vivi would trust Luffy, but Crocodile as we last saw him hasn't shown to be Straw Hat worthy. Even though Crocodile saved Luffy and Jinbei, he didn't necessarily do it for them.

CC also hasn't shown any remorse or hint of change, has he? Unless he does something to sacrifice himself, he has almost no chance of joining. I think it could be a villain that hasn't been shown yet, as bar Crocodile no other ex or possible ex villain have shown what they can bring to the table.

How is he qualified as a villain when he saved Smoker's life and encouraged Smoker to let Akainu know what's going on? He hasn't shown villainous tendencies or thoughts, apart from bein allied with Blackbeard.

That's not really villainous as the extortion was on his boss's order, and he tried to convince her to accept somethin else again.

CC is annoying, and for some reason members here are into bad, annoying characters like him, Bellamy, Pink, and etc.

Yeah i agree but unlike CC i actually like Senor Pink he was hilarious but i would never want him to join the crew because he has no real role to bring to the table and obviously there is almost no chance at this point because who knows where Pink even is now lol.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I meant when he was with the Navy. Remember how he froze Luffy and Robin when he first encountered the Straw Hats, or what went down during the Marineford War? I know he was more sympathetic than most of the Navy soldiers, but his actions do technically make him a villain, or rather ex-villain.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I meant when he was with the Navy. Remember how he froze Luffy and Robin when he first encountered the Straw Hats, or what went down during the Marineford War? I know he was more sympathetic than most of the Navy soldiers, but his actions do technically make him a villain, or rather ex-villain.
He isn't a villain, and never was even when he was with the Marines
He never wanted to kill Luffy back then nor Robin for that matter, because if he really wanted to he'd have done so easily

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Her chances just skyrocketed. She got a unique personality, gags, and an interest in sailing. The only issue is having too many furries on the crew...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah i agree but unlike CC i actually like Senor Pink he was hilarious but i would never want him to join the crew because he has no real role to bring to the table and obviously there is almost no chance at this point because who knows where Pink even is now lol.
Hmm, never understood Pink's popularity, though that stemmed more from his backstory. though, young Pink was pretty badass looking.
Nothing Aokiji did was villainous as he was doing what he did out of sense of duty as a Marine. If he was a villain, he'd have taken Robin back with him or killed Luffy and Robin. Akainu acted more like a villain in Marineford War (I don't think he did, tbh) than Aokiji ever did. It's the same during the War, Aokiji did what he did out of duty and for the good, not for selfish desires or evil intent. What would make him a villain is if he did something bad out of selfishness or evil intent, and I don't think Aokiji ever showed that. Or any Marine admirals or higher up, for that matter.
Her chances just skyrocketed. She got a unique personality, gags, and an interest in sailing. The only issue is having too many furries on the crew...
No such thing, as two furries aren't that much. The main issue is her role in this arc. If she doesn't help the crew or makes a difference like Robin did in Alabasta or Franky did in Enies Lobby, she's likely not going to join. I don't think Rebecca even made a difference despite fightin with Straw Hat, although her dream was to be with her dad.

But what role does she offer to the crew and to the story?

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, never understood Pink's popularity, though that stemmed more from his backstory. though, young Pink was pretty badass looking.

Nothing Aokiji did was villainous as he was doing what he did out of sense of duty as a Marine. If he was a villain, he'd have taken Robin back with him or killed Luffy and Robin. Akainu acted more like a villain in Marineford War (I don't think he did, tbh) than Aokiji ever did. It's the same during the War, Aokiji did what he did out of duty and for the good, not for selfish desires or evil intent. What would make him a villain is if he did something bad out of selfishness or evil intent, and I don't think Aokiji ever showed that. Or any Marine admirals or higher up, for that matter.

No such thing, as two furries aren't that much. The main issue is her role in this arc. If she doesn't help the crew or makes a difference like Robin did in Alabasta or Franky did in Enies Lobby, she's likely not going to join. I don't think Rebecca even made a difference despite fightin with Straw Hat, although her dream was to be with her dad.

Yeah I have a friend I watch One Piece with at times and he does not get why I like Senor Pink either but I guess some people enjoy certain things while others don't.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece Wiki still considers him an antagonist in Long Ring Island arc.

Well, her high level jumping skills would make her a good lookout in the crow's nest. Remember how she was able to tell where Luffy was on Zou?

That said, my money is still on Pekoms to join. That guy has just too many secrets in his closet for Oda not to tell.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
One Piece Wiki still considers him an antagonist in Long Ring Island arc.

Well, her high level jumping skills would make her a good lookout in the crow's nest. Remember how she was able to tell where Luffy was on Zou?

That said, my money is still on Pekoms to join. That guy has just too many secrets in his closet for Oda not to tell.
Antagonist isn't necessarily a villain, just someone against the protagonist. Aokiji was against Luffy, but he never took him or Robin in when he could have and had to, at least with Robin. Usopp was considered an antagonist at one point, but he was never a villain.

Yeah, but Sanji, Luffy, and Zoro have color of observation haki that allowed them to detect Caribou without even being close by. Didn't Usopp hint at unlocking that haki as well? A lookout wouldn't be that necessary.

Highly doubt it, and I hope no one joins. Jinbei should be the last one.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Aokiji was a villain in Marineford arc. And I think we can take for guaranteed that if it wasn't for Marco, Aokiji would have killed Luffy at the plaza.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Highly doubt it, and I hope no one joins. Jinbei should be the last one.
But the Straw Hats would be one member short of the ten crewmembers Luffy wanted.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing i would like to point out with this discussion has it ever been confirmed that Oda actually said that the next Straw hat would be a former enemy? I mean all i saw was that it was said in a 2009 SBS which was disputed as to whether it's translation was accurate or not. If that was just a false rumor it opens the gates up on more characters it seems. If that is the case then i would love Pekoms but i think Carrot might fit better if anything because we need more females imo but Jinbe is a must at this point for me so i guess we have to wait and see.