Discussion - The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition.

As we move on to Zou, who is the potential "Nakama" to join the Straw Hat?

• Wanda, Dog Mink (female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)

• Sicilian, Lion Mink (male)

• Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"

• Kanjuro, Samurai

• Total voters

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
same with Bepo who only interested with another bear :hmm
But wouldn't then Bepo ask for a minkwoman, not a female bear? That would be like Jinbe asking for a female whale shark, which would be weird.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think weeble is a potential candidate to join the main crew. On hype alone he already surpasses quite a few shichibukai. If his actual strength in any form or context warrants kizaru's comments then he at the moment is simply too strong to join the crew. I maintain that anyone that even somewhat risks the monster trio thing being broken ( as in, potentially stronger than sanji) is simply not an option. Weeble has as much chances as anyone of ending up as a member of the great strawhat fleet though.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Carrot could join. Although she attacked Zoro (and even enough to make him grunt), she seemed to have been on more friendly normal terms with Sanji's group based on how they were talking about her.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm gonna wait to know more about the mink tribe before cheering for one of them to become a nakama. Mainly because we haven't seen how powerful they can be, although that's hardly the best criteria for joining. We kinda already have a furry on the crew, Chopper qualifies as that.:pSo it could be redundant. But what concerns me is whether someone from the mink tribe would be willing to leave Zou and even become a pirate.Obviously such a person would need a strong motivation in order to leave the island they've been sealing themselves on for a 1000 years.
Other than that I think many will agree with me, that having a ninja on the Sunny will be pretty cool.:XD I'm more intrigued by Raizou at the moment, than any other characters that is likely to appear in this arc.
Also I'd rather saw a helmsman join for example, or someone who will occupy a key role in a pirate's ship.

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Carrot was ... cute and interesting :hip
I don't mind being her join SHP

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why will Carrot join??? It doesnt make sense..

I dont like the way she's drawn much either, she resembles too many rabbit themed anime characters, (piyon from HxH for instance).

Its about time a Monkey joins D Luffy... if it has to be a Mink joinin, i'd rather be him.

Freid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been waving the flag for a kunoichi to join the crew since forever, so I'm glad we finally get to see our first ninja. Can't say he's what I imagined he'd look like though but hopefully the kunoichi won't look as bad and will kick ass like a ninja's supposed to.

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
We dont know yet if raizou is kinouchi or shinobi. But, it will be more fun if raizou is kunouchi xD.. she will be so agile and have high skill in ninja art like hiding, cloaking, assasination, shuriken and so on. She would be perfect for the role of watcher in strawhatcrew. Being the invisible guardian of the ship.

Or we could have minkmen like carrot to join! we need more girl yeah strawhat and she fit in the crew. She have interesting abilites that can float easily in the air. Maybe some kind of paramecia fruit. Float float air? Shes so agile. And she look more smaller than nami and robin. Her figure not like typical oda drawing girl lol. She look like a teenage girl. Job, hmm.. oda can just give her some random job.. like dancer, imagina that neko girl be a dancer in thousand sunny lol. Herbalist or anythingg! haha

just my wild guess lol dont mind me

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well to be honest, I never wanted someone to join more than I want Carrot to join!
Another woman on the crew would be pretty nice.

Plus, she seems to be kinda powerful, and her abilities are different from the other crew member.
And she's an hybrid, so that would certainly make Chopper happy!

It's too soon to tell right now, but it would be pretty great.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
yes, thats why I thought Bepo was a polarbear minkmen
minkmen only has interest with another minkmen
same with Bepo who only interested with another bear :hmm
Good job.

And now all Rule 34 fanarts that displayed Bepo with a bear-like penis are wrong.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
So we have new names added - Carrot (high demand at this point), Blackback (gorilla) and Weeble (Has his appearance before, but yet to be seen in Zou. Put him in KIV List for the time being).

:) :)

In this arc, we are going to face more Minks and of course anyone can be a potential candidate. But I doubt we would get a new nakama in this tribe. As we already have Chopper, perhaps it may end up too many animals in the StrawHat crew? Of course I wouldn't mind another one to join.

Let's see how it goes as the arc progresses. :^_^

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
So we have new names added - Carrot (high demand at this point), Blackback (gorilla) and Weeble (Has his appearance before, but yet to be seen in Zou. Put him in KIV List for the time being).

:) :)

In this arc, we are going to face more Minks and of course anyone can be a potential candidate. But I doubt we would get a new nakama in this tribe. As we already have Chopper, perhaps it may end up too many animals in the StrawHat crew? Of course I wouldn't mind another one to join.

Let's see how it goes as the arc progresses. :^_^
Oh no, i beg to differ. Luffy is an idiot (lol). Zoro, nami, sanji, usop, robin is human. Franky is half cyborg/half human. Brook is undead pervert lol. Only chopper that is an animal ( reindeer ). Carrot or any other minkmen can join. She is half rabbit/half human. Oh i forget jinbei. hes a fish...men. But wait, hes not join yet... so.. oda can add new nakama that is minkmen before jinbei actually join.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm not bothered who joins the StrawHat and whatever Oda creates and chooses, he will always have something unique about that new member and makes him or her blends into StrawHat perfectly. I would say that this author is pretty creative in that manner. :^_^

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is an obsession with female members as the next strawhat which is fine, but nothing about carrot so far makes her standout. She also seems quite ordinary and repeated...
Alice from Bloody Roar, Piyon from HxH... obviously there are differences but its almost the same template...
Carrot didn't have a special entrance, isnt that a theme among all the other characters??

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
There is an obsession with female members as the next strawhat which is fine, but nothing about carrot so far makes her standout. She also seems quite ordinary and repeated...
Alice from Bloody Roar, Piyon from HxH... obviously there are differences but its almost the same template...
Carrot didn't have a special entrance, isnt that a theme among all the other characters??
Not to mention that female characters are often reduced to being eye candy, basically. Robin who is strong, not monster trio strong but still, was reduced to babysitting Rebecca during the Dressrosa arc. I really don't see the point of having a new female character join, if they often end up getting sidelined, so that the male characters get to shine.
I just think that in the past Robin and Nami had more chances to prove their worth, sadly right now not so much.For me any girl who joins needs to be shown kicking some ass.If not then they'll just be used for fan service.

Last edited:

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not to mention that female characters are often reduced to being eye candy, basically. Robin who is strong, not monster trio strong but still, was reduced to babysitting Rebecca during the Dressrosa arc. I really don't see the point of having a new female character join, if they often end up getting sidelined, so that the male characters get to shine.
I just think that in the past Robin and Nami had more chances to prove their worth, sadly right now not so much.For me any girl who joins needs to be shown kicking some ass.If not then they'll just be used for fan service.
Totally what i was thinking... Rebecca is worst than a damsel in distress, she is capable of haki and yet, capable of nothing... tahts how her story ended...

Fan service has corrupted so many characters... Nami started of as a tom-boyish character who would use her charm and feminine qualities to her advantage, a trait i loved before the time-skip. Fan service kinda reduced the tomboy part and although i love her fighting style, she's nothing but a walking cleavage shot after time skip.. I dont like the ladylike hair either, it ruins her original personality, same with Robin post time-skip...
Atleast both these characters have had their strong moments...

I dont see these change with Carrot... if she were to join, her assets would grow and atmost, a power up of lightening from them...

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the crew would really benefit from having a touch chick with them. Robin's pretty gentle and Nami's a coward. A hard-boiled chick that's rude, mean and reckless would make an interesting contrast. A third girl would also form another thematic trio, and there's also the potential of having some female rivalry on the ship like Zoro and Sanji's. Katara always used to tell Toph off about being loud and brutish, and I can see a similar relationship being formed by having someone that contrasted Robin and Nami's personality on-board.

Buttt we haven't seen such a girl that embodies this and still has the Strawhat spirit yet, but I'm hoping we meet a Kunoichi that fits the bill!

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think the crew would really benefit from having a touch chick with them. Robin's pretty gentle and Nami's a coward. A hard-boiled chick that's rude, mean and reckless would make an interesting contrast. A third girl would also form another thematic trio, and there's also the potential of having some female rivalry on the ship like Zoro and Sanji's. Katara always used to tell Toph off about being loud and brutish, and I can see a similar relationship being formed by having someone that contrasted Robin and Nami's personality on-board.

Buttt we haven't seen such a girl that embodies this and still has the Strawhat spirit yet, but I'm hoping we meet a Kunoichi that fits the bill!
Your description sounds a lot like Jewellery Bonney to me.

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your description sounds a lot like Jewellery Bonney to me.
Yeah she actually does but it doesn't seem like she'd ever join the crew. Also I prefer ninjas :)

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah she actually does but it doesn't seem like she'd ever join the crew. Also I prefer ninjas :)
Well let's hope it's a sexy kunoichi like you said, and not some hairy burly shinobi.:derp